SmartDM for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
hold off a bit I forgot to change the mutator line in the mapvote.

will test now. with hopefully correct mutator name.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
bTeamheadingOption=true ; no longer displayed the gradient option :\

Works fine my side.

Just wondering..... should we not put this gradient heading as an option on the client side instead of it being the Admins choice server side as it is atm ?

Damn just been called out, be back in a hour or so.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok because i run a complex kind of setup I had to make changes everywhere and got a bit overwhelmed.

copy files > Redirect > Change Settings in customconfig[x] (x11) to 103u > Add ServerPackages to ut.ini

have said and done all that I am having one problem with RA gametype. so I need to problem solve but figuring out which mod is causing the grief.. and removing it.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Works fine my side.

Just wondering..... should we not put this gradient heading as an option on the client side instead of it being the Admins choice server side as it is atm ?

Damn just been called out, be back in a hour or so.

Absolutely that would be awesome , also add !help or !h to the cmds which goes straight to the menu > help tab :)

*maybe instead of use slim also .. maybe "Remove pickups Stats" be more fitting?

is weird having the stats on the left side lol. Center would be better..

on a side note with your scoreboard BG it is a little hard to read.. is it possible easily I guess to have ability to change heading BG colour via .ini R,G,B values as well as Text Colours? in a later release?

also with a Transparency Setting ; bTransparency=30% or something?

also .. just wondering .. how hard to insert the crosshair into the scoreboard lol.. with option in .ini , bShowCrossHair=true

that would be clever , and then I can run around with the board up and test everything hehe.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok, back :)
Sorry like I say, abbreviations and me don't go together, when you say BG does that mean background ?
If you mean the background behind the players, that is not coloring, that is a texture, shade.pcx
I'll look into adjusting the shade with a slider or something, could be interesting :)

The crosshair in the SB, yes that would be nice, but I don't think it can be done, simply because a scoreboard is not like a hud, it's a menu, same as if you press escape, you get the big fulscreen UT menu up, the SB is exactly the same thing but transparent.

Don't know, maybe The_Cowboy has experimented here and has some idea's ?

Oh! btw if you want to direct and release this beta on this link, go for it:

http://www.proasm.com/ut/smartdm.html

It covers most things... I hope.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
my RA config is conflicting I think with this grr.. I'll find it later.

and report back.

have updated links to your site over at ut99.org

thinking re: board.

2 options perhaps?..

single-centered|left/right display like originally
single-centered|populate left/right like it is now perhaps.

idk seems weird having it like this tbh.

see what feedback come back @ ut99.org I guess.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
just went on server and got killed by another player , but when the scoreboard came up it showed the 'dead' skull on both of us.. maybe a bug.

also would it be possible to add this skull as an option as well? for the dead skull?

also re: Scoreboard I just noticed the inline thing in the menu , very nice :)

skull = 16x16x16 256 colours.

also the time thing.. how come removed the ':' and made it '.' doesn't seem to be time-like :lol:

Attachments

• skull-top-red-eye.7z
    812 bytes · Views: 1
  • deaths.jpg
    deaths.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The Time: thing, the seconds are now decimal, shortens it a bit and also I found it distracting to see the seconds all ticking away, this way its much slower and one knows 1.5 is 1 minute and 30 seconds, but can put it back.
Originally there were no seconds at all.

Note on the dead skull appearing on both, please check that out again, I'll also look at code here.

Looking at your pic, what resolution you play with that you only get up to Pad: for the Pickups and the rest is all squashed up to the left... wierd ?

I have now made the gradient option clientside in the Menu and called it bShowAltTeamHeading in scoreboard.

I have also renamed the Slim to Alt for Alternate so the setting is now also bShowAltScoreboard

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
I will come on to your server now and lets see if it happens.

also I pickup dmr on our server and it not show in pickups.

also in spectator mode.. no scoreboard now.

also have one other thing which maybe for next release.

just curious , but alot of us now use the revenge mod which basically says revenge each time you avenge yourself.. would it be a good idea to add Revenges to the SB if the mutator is found ?

revenge mutators

perhaps if smart dm detects a mutator called 'revengexx' then it will look for the variable.. or maybe just build it into the mod lol.

idk

anyways coming now.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
also with the time thing , another cool option for the !sm menu m8 :)

there really are no bad idea's :)

the more options the cooler things are sometimes.

so AltTimerDisplay [tick] = what ever

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
re: my screen resolution I use window mode :)

and adjust dynamically :)

console > preferences > [+]Display > StartUpFullScreen=False

then adjust it accordingly.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok the board don't work in !s mode for DM but does for TDM so theres alittle glitch somewhere.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
sorry for being a pain also alot of us run whopushedme.. which awards a frag to the player if they are killed by being bumped into the goo or off a ledge or something.

whopushedme

theres a number of copies floating around and it could be tricky to detect.

something to add into the maybe list along with revenge I guess.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
thats all the feedback i have for now :) aside from the minor glitches she's looking quite nice and working 90%
i always test on an actual server myself and listen/dedicated servers never seem to cater for online play.

i problem i have with your server is that the zp mod always spawns multiple rifles which is a buggar.. if you ever get a chance try installing that newnet above.. really is alot better then zp. esp for high pingers..

soon we will have a new better zp as the nw3 dev feralidragon is in the process of making it.. if you have a look at zp work ie; NW3 or NaliWeapons3 you may find that it is far superior to the zp u are used to. and also more secure (cheats wont work with it).. also all his work is opensource and not obfuscated.. therefore if you get bored and want to make something like a custom zp sniper mod or something which uses his method it is a lot easier.

anyways i am in bed now keep up the great work
good job :)

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
still awake and thinking lol.

i notice that ATB (AutoTeamBalance) has the ability to detect which gametype/style is running by scanning all mutators in the config or that are running and then it stores the stats for that particular gametype/style based on (all the mutators) loaded.

this however fails if you add/remove a mutator from the startup chain. therefore i have an idea where we could look for 1 mutator + gametype to distinguish which gametype is running and for the purposes of the custom game titles thingy you have in the board currently.

for example.. if i have 4 deathmatch styled games but each different.. or running different mutators , more-so the same mutators but with a slight difference between each gametype ie;

deathmatchplus + instagibDM = INSTAGIB MATCH
deathmatchplus + lms++ = LASTMANSTANDING
deathmatchplus + rjenabler || rocketlauncherarenamod = ROCKETARENA

etc...

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
this would also carry over to the stats side of things later as well.. as the current ATB stores stats independantly for upto 16 individual gametypes currently.. although it needs a few fixes.