Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Expendables-4/10

Muscle-bound cheese factory. 1980's style testosterone advertisement. Action heroes galore.......... predictable plot and dialogue.

The Expendable 2-4/10

More cheese. More testosterone. More of the same.

The Expendables 3-5/10

Ultimate cheese factory with spice. Testosterone-fueled popcorn blaster deluxe.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
^it's like everything syfy did wrong in the past they learned from it. Good show.
It also significantly improves on the books. The original authors are on the show's writing team and this version of the story looks like they learned from the process of writing the books as well.

The show's hard SF credentials are much improved from those of the books where the hard SF element was but a patina. They still do annoying things like fudge travel times but by an large things are much better.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Monkees: Head-8/10

I've been wanting to see this film again for a long time. Despite being a Monkees film, this is 80 minutes of destruction of the whole Monkees image, and a sometimes vicious looks at 1960's culture.

Written by Jack Nicholson and Bob Rafelson and directed by Bob Rafelson (Five Easy Pieces (1970), The King of Marvin Gardens (1972), and The Postman Always Rings Twice (1981)) Head is, in my opinion, one of the 1960's hidden counterculture gems and a bit of a masterpiece. It also contains some of the best music ever written for, and performed by, The Monkees.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Black Panther-7.5/10

I enjoyed it and I thought it was a very different type of Marvel film in many ways. Great visuals and action but.......

..... an extremely politically loaded film, very sociopolitical even for Marvel.

My only criticism is not so much at Marvel or this film but Hollywood generally:

Why is it always, when there is a major battle scene and the "good guys" seem to be losing, does a "cavalry" of some sort turn up to save the day?

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Revenant-7.5/10

A well acted, well put together film. The real star of the movie is the amazing wilderness settings which were stunningly photographed and supported by excellent soundtrack music.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Warcraft: The Begining-3/10

I never played WoW so I have no idea of the lore behind this cheese factory. While it looked good in places and the music was o.k. the flick was an ultimately lame and shallow pile of orc poo.

It played more like a bad Saturday morning children's' tv series.