Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Frank with Michael Fassbender 9/10

Babydriver 8/10

Spiderman Homecoming 6.5/10

The Dark Tower 5/10

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Antwone Fisher-6/10

An interesting enough story that's supposed to be based on truth, however some characters are fictitious and they make sure we know about it before the main title. It's a well acted movie but underwhelming........

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The thirteenth floor 7.5-7.98989898/10 maybe even an 8.

Better than the matrix. Liked the premise, it seems more a probably outcome than what would happen in the matrix.
And I liked the execution of the ideas, the acting was decent. Despite the movie being very dated, I still enjoyed its looks. The difference between the sepia toned world of the 30s, and the colder bleak one of the reality. Again, similar to the matrix. But to more effect
Less dramatic as well. Not that keen on the ending, but I didn't hate it.
Good movie.

Predators 7/10

Adrien brody as a "badass"... it's one hell of a show. I didn't really like it the first time, but now it gave me a fuzzy feeling inside. All the winks and nods (or rips you might say) to the first predator etc. made me smirk, giggle, smile, lol and whatnot.
Laurence fishburne's part was the worst, though. Glad that didn't last long. The predators looked impressive, always liked their looks.
(I hated the avp movie, though. What a mess)

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Blade Runner 2049-7/10

A long, slow-paced and involved film. The director Denis Villeneuve doesn't make "Hollywood Style" films. His style of film-making reminds me more of directors like soviet director Andrei Tarkovsky (Stalker, Solaris), Jea-Luc Goddard (Alphaville) and Blade Runner 2049 really reminded me of Alejandro Jodorowsky (El Topo, The Holy Mountain).

I'd like to see this film again.........

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ghostbusters (1984) -8/10 or maybe even more... could be a 9.

Loved the acting, humour, pacing, monsters, craziness. Hadn't watched this movie in a long time. Real pleasure to revisit.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Amazing Spiderman-8/10

I have seen the first Spiderman trilogy and I recently saw Spiderman: Homecoming. Having not seen the rest of the Spiderman reboots I thought it was time to fill in the gaps.

Really well shot action and framing that looks like it could have been taken straight out of the original comics. Generally I thought this flick was very faithful to the comic books; at least as much as I can remember them.

Really good music too........ The Amazing Spiderman 2: Rise of Electro next.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Thor Ragnarok (3D)-10/10

This film is a great example of why Marvel Studios have become such a phenomena. Entertaining, funny and stylish it really pays homage to the comic books.

Great visuals and music and brilliantly acted.......

Cate Blanchett and Karl Urban are practically unrecognisable in their roles while the visual style owes much to Guardians of the Galaxy.

...... an extremely fun film.

Reactions: cUnNiNg_StUnTs

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Everest-10/10

I saw this when it was released at the cinema. As a true story it's both as fascinating as a story about mountaineering as it is sad because of the tragedy.

It's amazing to think that this film wasn't shot on Everest, everything about the rendering of the mountain scenes looks so real (at least that's the way it seems).

In November 2013, the film was set for a 13 January 2014 production start date in Italy. Co-financier Brian Oliver told Variety they would shoot in Ötztal Alps in Italy for six weeks, a month in Iceland, and then move to Nepal for another month's shoot.[18] In early January 2014, actors Gyllenhaal and Brolin were practicing for climbing mountains in the Santa Monica Mountains, to train for their roles.[22]
The 44-member crew arrived on 12 January 2014 in [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepal']Nepal and stayed in Kathmandu. They had permission to film from 9 to 23 January.[23][24] Later filming on Everest commenced on 13 January 2014.[25] On 14 January, Brolin and Hawkes filmed shots[26] at local terminal of Tribhuvan International Airport, and then they were to be filming at Lukla Airport on 15 January, then to Namche Bazaar, and later at the Everest Base Camp, news confirmed.[23] After shooting completed in Nepal, the crews were to move to Italy (Schnalstal and Rome),[27] and then in early March to the United Kingdom, to film at Pinewood Studios.[25] On 23 February 2014, Gyllenhaal was spotted in Rome during filming, which recently wrapped up in Nepal.[28] Brolin was also spotted with his assistant, Kathryn Boyd.[29]

English actor Clive Standen has said that filming on location in freezing temperatures has been "tough but fun".[30] On 24 March 2014 the shooting was said to be taking place at the Everest Base Camp in Nepal.[5] Base camp exteriors were filmed on the backlot at Cinecitta Studios in Rome, where bright sunlight could be achieved to resemble the lighting at base camp.[21]

On 18 April 2014, while the second unit crew was shooting remaining scenes of the film at Camp II on Everest, an avalanche struck, killing 16 Sherpa guides. The Sherpas were carrying equipment and supplies to camps for climbers in advance of the start of the summer climbing season.[31][32] Deadline reported there were no injuries or fatalities affecting the film crew. The production was not present where the disaster took place, but they were nearby. Filming at Pinewood Studios in England was just about to finish up, but the second unit was shooting at the camp which then had to halt the production for some time.[33] Hillary Step, camp 4, icefall and the summit were built on the 007 stage at Pinewood Studios with greenscreen for CG backgrounds. Totino said, "It was very challenging because we had to re-create the sun, which at Everest is so incredibly sharp and crisp." The team used SoftSun lights for creating sun on the summit, Hillary Step and icefall. "They were 9 feet long and 3 ½ feet in diameter and 100,000 watts. They had to be moved around on cranes because they are very heavy," Totino said.[21] To photograph one scene during which expedition guide Rob Hall (Jason Clarke) is stuck on the mountain in the storm, Totino recalled: "We tented off a portion of the set with some very heavy plastic and brought in these giant refrigerating units, half the size of a semi truck, and we cooled that part of the stage down to about 26 to 28 degrees Fahrenheit [around -3°C] and brought in real snow. Baltasar really wanted the actor to feel like he was frozen. You really see and feel that."[21] The film was shot with Arri Alexa XT cameras, using the Arriraw format.[21]
[/URL]
https://forums.beyondunreal.com/javascript:void(0)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everest_(2015_film)

Also; great music, really good.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Wolf of Wall Street-8/10

A movie I've been wanting to see for a while. In my opinion any collaboration between Scorsese and Di Caprio is going to be worthwhile. An incredible film story that is supposed to have some basis in true life.

A bit of a homage to the 1980's style of pure greed and total excess....

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Predators 7-7.99/10

Or something in between. Fun, silly movie. Adrien brody as an ehmmm....action .. ehh... well... guy. Not really hero.
Only one that really didn't do it for me was lawrence burnfish. Weird acting. Winks and nudges to the other predator movies,
cool environment; Yeah it's ok.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Justice League (3D) -7/10

The whole world has been waiting for this movie to be terrible. It wasn't that bad and had some very good moments and definitely was a big step up from Batman vs. Superman. This was possibly the inclusion of having Wonder Woman on board but the new and rebooted Flash (a different actor from the TV series) was also good.

The only real issues with the film were that Jason Momoa (Aquaman) still can't act and:

I would have preferred to see the Justice League go up against the Suicide Squad but the movie aped Marvel a bit and went in for a battle against the godlike, alien and supernatural Steppenwolf rather than some earth-bound villains.

The 3D was pretty good too, in my opinion..........

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well I wouldn't be so sure about that. The way he said "hmm" and "ughh" and "hmwrm". And how we swung that laserrifle PEW PEW. And the expression on that face was... very.....
I did like the Sateda episode though. Other than that...