1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Manticore, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Spider-Man: Homecoming (3D)-7/10

I can't relate this to the first two films with this particular Spiderman (The Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2) because I haven't seen them. As far as the original three Spiderman movies (Sam Raimi directed) go this would be on par but is not the best Marvel film I have seen by far.

At least it feeds into the Avengers' lore quite well.

The 3D is pretty average as far as I am concerned but the music is good.

2. NeoNite

NeoNite Eternal sunshine

Three times the same thing. THREE times. I'd love to see a movie about a grown up spiderman (Michael fassbender perhaps?), but that's just not "economically viable"...

Edit: But I could be wrong about this one and I am willing to give it a try and see how it works out

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I liked the movie, did not expect to like it but I did.

4. Manticore

Hidden FIgures-10/10

An inspiring true story well told for the screen. Excellent cast.

5. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I thought it was a good Spiderman told better than the previous attempts. But it was helped a lot by having access to the wider Marvel universe for sure. I definitely appreciated having a high school age kid be in high school. I'm glad they didn't rehash the atrocious Green Goblin storyline. I'm also very happy they didn't waste a bunch of time on how exactly he got his powers.

The Sam Raimi spidermans are awful in retrospect. This movie is so much better than those for so many reasons, but one of the major ones being no Dunst.

6. Manticore

Yeah at least these Spiderman reboots have dialled right into the Marvel/Avengers lore in all the right ways. I thought Dunst was o.k. in Hidden Figures (probably because I didn't recognise her in her role).

John Wick: Chapter 2-7/10

More of the same but entertaining.

Hacksaw Ridge-10/10

Disturbing and violent. But, as far as true stories go, it's an excellent film.

(NB: Watched both of the above on an international flight yesterday so the ratings probably reflect that a bit (particularly the bad audio). Hacksaw Ridge I would definitely want to see again on a big screen.

7. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

eh hacksaw ridge was way to drenched in chest beating god fearing propaganda. Like film was done v well everything was very slick but never made the next step into what would make it a real good movie.

8. Manticore

I personally don't care about god or the propaganda.

What I got from the flick was a true story of incredible courage and strength from a guy who risked his life to save his buddies in combat.

True story is good enough.

Conscientious objector? Don't care. The guy had the balls to stand up for what he believed in. What's wrong with that?

Better to die for your beliefs than be a limp-wristed soft cock.

Congressional Medal of Honor? Yeah; I'm sure they hand them out like candy to anyone who asks.

Religion was irrelevant in the film since the subtext of the film was all about extreme bravery under the most horrific conditions imaginable.

As far as I recall those people fought (and died) to protect our freedoms. When I stop respecting that................... no I will never disrespect that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Sir_Brizz likes this.
  9. Manticore

Hunt vs. Lauda-?/10

Probably not worth rating this doco.

It's intensely interesting to fans of motorsport being about the amazing 1976 Formula One season that changed the face of the sport.

Some never before seen and unique footage and still photographs. As a fan of motorsport I would watch this anytime.

10. Manticore

Race-10/10

The story of Jesse Owens and the 1936 Olympics. Very well done and very inspiring.

11. Manticore

World War Z-6/10

All the spectacle of a great disaster movie and Brad Pitt saving the human race from zombies; what more could you want?

12. Manticore

The Pacifier-1/10

This is what you get when there is only one English language TV channel; Vin Diesel in this.......

13. Manticore

Jack Reacher-6/10

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan at all but this was an o.k. murder mystery/detective/conspiracy flick. That's despite the fact the motive was obvious to me a third of the way into the movie.

14. Manticore

Mr Right-5/10

An entertaining enough comedy. I thought the actors played their parts well.

15. Manticore

The Mummy-7/10

I wasn't expecting too much from this 2017 reboot but it really dials into the the British Hammer Film Productions horror and B-Grade sci-fi vibe (such as the Quatermass series) rather than the 1990's mummy films with Brendan Fraser.

Very dark and interesting.......

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales-6/10

More of the same and I thought At World's End was a better flick.

16. Manticore

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets-7/10

While this film is visually stunning with excellent art direction and alien creature design I found that the plot dragged quite a bit in places and pacing of the narrative was not quite there.

If you stuck The Fifth Element, Star Wars, A Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy and Iain M. Banks Culture novels in a blender with a dash of Heavy Metal Comics you get this flick.

The movie wold have looked great in 3D but unfortunately I could only find it playing in this town in 2D.

17. Manticore

Suicide Squad (Extended Cut)-7/10

I saw it when it originally came out at the cinemas but was interested in what they could do with the extended cut on Bluray.

Basically you get more Batman, just for starters.

Not the best comic book crossover movie but entertaining enough. I still haven't seen Batman vs. Superman....

18. NeoNite

NeoNite Eternal sunshine

Superman II: 7/5/10

Fun fantasy adventure superhero movie. Don't mind the silly costumes and somewhat over acting. I missed this in the "man of steel" movie. It was sooo fucking serious. Almost depressing.
    This is good fun. Some weird moments such as him losing his powers and the motivation but whatever.. this is a classic superman movie. I don't really mind.

19. Manticore

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty-6/10

An enjoyable enough flick with plenty of whimsy. Great cinematography and direction.

20. Manticore

Lion-8/10

I didn't know if I'd enjoy this true story but it manages to deliver. Also the way the movie portrays life in India is pretty much spot on. Well acted with good music.

Batman vs Superman (3D)-3/10

This film is pretty much weak and disjointed where nothing makes sense much. For a Zack Snyder film this is pretty disappointing.

The story doesn't really pick up until Wonder Woman arrives on the scene.

As for the 3D; at least the movie had some good visuals.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017 at 3:44 PM