Pistols & Knives Only matches !

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Fun, fun, fun til my admin takes my eagle away

Pistols matches are fun!
Life is short.
I have never heard a gun say its dry or wet.
TKing is bad.
A kick vote will be nice.
Infiltration is cool.
DarkBIs is a good moderator.
Work with your team-mates.
Lead by example. . . . .

WHATS A FORUM TROLL?

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Pistols matches are fun!
Some people seems like it.

Life is short.
I cannot agree more !! You're right man :D

I have never heard a gun say its dry or wet.
Me neither! But you know in INF it is you character who say that not your gun ! ;)

TKing is bad. A kick vote will be nice.
Infiltration is cool.
DarkBIs is a good moderator.
100% with you ! Specialy with the last part :D

Your post is sympatic and I think it would be a nice end to this thread.

Aequi

ballistically challenged
Apr 23, 2001
Denmark, duh
Visit site
Troll discription (taken from Everquest):

Trolls typically stand about 8' tall, are extremely strong, ugly, stupid, dirty, and green of skin. With such characteristics, one can only assume that trolls are not pleasant folk. That assumption would be correct.

Trolls bask in the glory of killing, eating their kill, and killing some more. They do this not out of instinct but out of purely evil motives. Their dark hearts pump with malice and the need to destroy that which is not troll.

The troll has the natural ability to regenerate which make them troublesome to kill.

~ Now Forum-Trolls are not much different, actually they are much worse :)

Tommy Atkins

Older, but no wiser
Mar 17, 2001
UK
Originally posted by Aequi
~ Now Forum-Trolls are not much different, actually they are much worse :)

Lo Aequi m8y - long time no see. The Everquest description looks accurate, apart from the "8' tall" and "extremely strong" bits. Replace 'kill' with 'wind people up' and there you go.

...I think they're green though, but a trusty forum admin can stop them regenerating with their magical powers. ;)

Now, what the hell are you doing looking at Everquest- get back on the Inf servers, man :D

Last edited:

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
->gpk

You have already started a thread on this topic !

Furthermore this thread became very disturbing.

Why the hell did you start a new one ?

I merged your new to the old one.

*MERGED*

gpk

bah!
Aug 30, 2000
ARRGH y'd u merge them!

It's because the original one degenerated into lord knows what and the new one for for a KNIVES ONLY match a few of us had last night...it was pure and innocent, now it's tainted...
Merge bad :(

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
It would have the same fate...

Try to rise the level on this one !

Promote knife fighting with repect of other guy will, etc...

MorphineAlien

Galactic Junky
Mar 17, 2001
I can't believe what I'm hearing! Tk'ing is cheating and forcing your wants onto other players. Advocating tk'ing for any reason is BS. People who tk for any reason are limp wristed jerks that hide behind the anonymity of the internet and nicknames. If your "real" name and address was posted every time you tk'd someone I bet the tk'ing wuss bags wouldn't be so tough.

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
I often play with just pistols or just a knife. People see me doing it and say, "We should play pistols(or knives) only." Then others say, "No way, that sucks." Then the pistol/knife promoters say to me, "Don't you think we should play pistols/knives only?" Then I say, "That's just how I'm playing, everyone else can play however they want to." Sometimes more people start to use pistols/knives, sometimes they don't. I don't care either way because the pistols are very effective weapons and I have used them to take down hostiles carrying all different kinds of weapons. When I play pistols or knives only I do it for fun, and I don't ask people who don't want to play that way to do so.

I just try to lead by example. Play well, play nice, and respect the other players.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
DarkBls - Dude.. no wonder you are a moderator, you have far more patience then I do. I hope to have as much patience as you some day.

Gabriel - Amen

The rest o' you - Infiltration is a combat simulator and it has rules. Players are governed in their loadouts by two factors: money and bulk. These are the rules of Infiltration and no one disputes this fact. A lot of people take a lot of time trying to configure the 'perfect' loadout. A lot of people practice and become familiar with a certain weapon. 90% of the time it is not a pistol. Those same people do use their pistols as SIDEARMS. I certainly do. Let me give an example: I'm in a hot position with enemy troops very near by and I've just capped three soldiers and my MP5 is out of ammo. I hear another enemy soldier coming and rather than reload my MP5, I switch to my pistol. It takes about half the time to switch to my pistol and is the difference between making a kill and being killed.

I've been on servers when the players want to play pistols and I understand that it can be fun. I was polite and I left because I didn't want to play pistols only. I really like shooting an MP5. A pistol is kinda boring to me. So sue me. But I do disagree with you guys trying to make a pistols only 'rule' and enforce it. That's a bunch of crap. If you want to make the rules, open your own pistols only server. Period.