Official Forum Issues Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
https here with no problems. I do tick the 'keep me logged in' box though. I use ghostery, noscript and trackmenot.

For me, there are a lot of 'placeholder' type boxes on the screen (see screenshot below). For example, all of the post editing options at the top of the reply pane are just white boxes with some letters inside. When I hover over them a popup tells me what the function is, but just by looking, I have no idea.

I assume you're using NoScript. This skin uses special font for icons, so you need to allow maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com, as the font is hosted there.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes I would like to add more themes.

I will add spoiler tags when I have some extra time to devote to it. Shouldn't be hard.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
If you go to report a post, using the default theme, the text in the box is near impossible to read when writing the report.

Reactions: Al

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hah, wow that is awful. I'll try to remember to look at it tonight. Ping me again if it doesn't get fixed.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, it works on my Win8.1 laptop in Chrome, but not on my WinXP desktop in Chrome. Any ideas how to get it to work in XP. I know, I know, outdated and all that stuff; but all my UT stuff is on that XP computer (yes, backed up of course) and it would be nice to save stuff in the same location. Thank you.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Possibly. I've been having massive, and I mean massive, troubles with an old XP laptop recently. It appears certificates are lasting about 5 minutes and then the internet connection drops out. There is still a connection to the LAN but (both LAN and WiFi) but no internet. It's driving me nuts and to the point where I have considered an installation/repair of the whole unit.

I think it may be certificates but you will need to Google around and potentially look at MS's knowledge base.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I haven't experienced anything like that, but I can get in on XP computer with IE8, but not with Chrome. I also can't see what I typtype in IE8. It's all white right now and I'm trying to be careful what I type so it appears after I hit post reply. I might check around the internet for solutions when I have time. In the meantime, I'll just DL the files that can't be DLed in XP to my laptop and transfer. Thank you for your help.:) EDITI might be getting the 5-minute tthing iat Unreal Old Friendfs forum, but it could just be mediafire.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, I don't dare install anything higher on this XP computer for now; it has other problems. All my Ut series games and other games are installed on here, so I'm still using it (laptop if I can't deal with other problems, no big deal as of now, but it would be nice if the XP computrer co-operated....Thanks Google:().

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Possibly. I've been having massive, and I mean massive, troubles with an old XP laptop recently. It appears certificates are lasting about 5 minutes and then the internet connection drops out.
Well, I don't dare install anything higher on this XP computer for now; it has other problems. All my Ut series games and other games are installed on here, so I'm still using it (laptop if I can't deal with other problems, no big deal as of now, but it would be nice if the XP computrer co-operated....Thanks Google:().
Guys, seriously, XP has no business doing anything with the internet anymore. You are basically begging for malware.