1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Official Forum Issues Thread

Discussion in 'Site Discussion / Suggestions' started by Sir_Brizz, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Kaithofis

Kaithofis The Seldom Seen Kid

This could be due to stupidity on my part, but I can't see the hidden forums that I used to have access to.

Edit: My avatar is also zoomed in, blurrier and doesn't show the Ballin' anymo. Pls fix.

2. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

I assume you're using NoScript. This skin uses special font for icons, so you need to allow maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com, as the font is hosted there.

3. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

I don't know if this has been discussed but there are no SPOILER tags that I can see.

Also; are you planning on adding any other themes besides the two available now?

4. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Yes I would like to add more themes.

I will add spoiler tags when I have some extra time to devote to it. Shouldn't be hard.

5. Manticore

Thanks for the heads up. I understand the time thing.

6. Syri

Syri Who are you calling short?

If you go to report a post, using the default theme, the text in the box is near impossible to read when writing the report.

Al likes this.
  7. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Hah, wow that is awful. I'll try to remember to look at it tonight. Ping me again if it doesn't get fixed.

8. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Fixed it.

Al likes this.
  9. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Can get in with IE but not Chrome. Anyone know what's going on? Thank you.

10. SkaarjMaster

I get the "your connection is not private" error

11. Manticore

Certificates!

12. SkaarjMaster

I click on manage certificates, in chrome, then what?

13. SkaarjMaster

OK, it works on my Win8.1 laptop in Chrome, but not on my WinXP desktop in Chrome. Any ideas how to get it to work in XP. I know, I know, outdated and all that stuff; but all my UT stuff is on that XP computer (yes, backed up of course) and it would be nice to save stuff in the same location. Thank you.

14. Manticore

Since XP support stopped you will find many security certificates aren't updated any more. I think Googling around that may be a start.

15. SkaarjMaster

So it's not as simple as finding the cert on this laptop that BUF uses and transferring to the other computer?

16. Manticore

Possibly. I've been having massive, and I mean massive, troubles with an old XP laptop recently. It appears certificates are lasting about 5 minutes and then the internet connection drops out. There is still a connection to the LAN but (both LAN and WiFi) but no internet. It's driving me nuts and to the point where I have considered an installation/repair of the whole unit.

I think it may be certificates but you will need to Google around and potentially look at MS's knowledge base.

17. SkaarjMaster

I haven't experienced anything like that, but I can get in on XP computer with IE8, but not with Chrome. I also can't see what I typtype in IE8. It's all white right now and I'm trying to be careful what I type so it appears after I hit post reply. I might check around the internet for solutions when I have time. In the meantime, I'll just DL the files that can't be DLed in XP to my laptop and transfer. Thank you for your help.:) EDITI might be getting the 5-minute tthing iat Unreal Old Friendfs forum, but it could just be mediafire.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  18. leilei

leilei ANIME ELF'S !!

It could be that you're still using IE8.

Al likes this.
  19. SkaarjMaster

Well, I don't dare install anything higher on this XP computer for now; it has other problems. All my Ut series games and other games are installed on here, so I'm still using it (laptop if I can't deal with other problems, no big deal as of now, but it would be nice if the XP computrer co-operated....Thanks Google:().

20. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Guys, seriously, XP has no business doing anything with the internet anymore. You are basically begging for malware.