Jesus bloody christ!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
cat you still havent answerd my question about the virgin mary. like i said the ONLY way for it to be provin she was a virgin would be to examine her hymen (unless she was a chronic masturbator)

and i want FACTUAL proof, not some folktales that are in a book. anyone can write a book and say it was real. i want visual proof, not of just god, but all of that crap thats in the bible, (I.E. splitting of the red sea, the ark, the rumored "light" that you see when you die, why hell is depicted the way it is (did someone die and then comeback just to say "Oh By the way, hell is filled with fire and pain, just though i would let you all know") and if its stated that the next "cleansing" will be in the form of fire, and not water. why hasnt it come yet? and when it does, who gets to survive and who gets to die? i would find it impossible for every christian to build somthing to survive a worldwide blaze.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Goat : David killed goliath because he would have killed more people had he not done so. Net effect = lives saved.

All those other things you mentioned are answered by free will : Had He not given us that, there would have been no point in creating anything at all because there would be noone to appreciate it.

There is actaully medically a possibility that mary could have given birth to a child without sexual intercourse. It relys on genetic disorders and a massive element of chance but theoretically, it could happen. Of course, the chances of it happenening are miraculously small, but the point is it doesnt require any contravention of the laws of nature to acheive. Why would God break his own rules?

By the way GoaT, there is more evidence for much of the occourances in the bible than in much accepted historical facts. Theres no such thing as proof anyway, only evidence.

But I agree with prophet, these threads are ultimatly pointless and we've had far too many recently. Leave it a while before starting another one, if you have to at all.

Vendetta

bNasal Implant=True
Dec 6, 1999
the real world.
www.quadshot.com
things didnt start out complex. just like our technology we had very humble beginings. but we have time, lots of time for nature to try different ways of building things. you start out small and build upon what you know. its not like humans and other higher life forms were here the moment earth was created. it had to start with single celled organisms and became more complex from there. so complexity is not a confirmation of a God. Why is it animals dont give a crap about the concept of God? We are the only beings who have a concept of God. That doesnt mean there is one.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
How do you know animals dont have a concept of God anyway??? And did you know that if gravity was one millionth stronger the universe would have ended before it was a second old...the point is this will never be resolved. For every argument on either side there is a counterargument and it will never be proven either way. And its been discussed to death on these forums.

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
Originally posted by Cat Fuzz
scuse me whilst I bash my head into a wall. Gotta make sure theres a stud there for maximum effect.

I KNOW there is a God. I've always known. Universes don't just happen by accident. Way to complex. My body, to complex to be an accident. Nature, to complex.

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!! I'm done for real. You losers just want someone to pick on. I'm not gonna play anymore.

weak

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
I KNOW there is a God. I've always known. Universes don't just happen by accident. Way to complex. My body, to complex to be an accident. Nature, to complex
im going to try and reply without being a dickhead :lol:

first of all you DONT know god exists, thats where faith comes in. And if you think the universe is too complex to happen by accident then what about god. He is a LOT more complexed than this ****ty universe, does htat mean HE has a creator???

and I really wish people would do a little research on the word "virgin"...........in those days the word virgin DID NOT mean you havent been ****ed it ment a woman that hasnt given BIRTH, so yes the whore mary was a virgin, but I'm sure joseph ****ed her brains out daily.............

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
With her title "Holy Virgin," Mary joined the ranks of many other Goddesses with the same title: Athena, Asherah, Astarte, Aphrodite, Venus, Anat, Ishtar, Diana, and others. Clearly, since many of these Goddesses are also "Love Goddesses," the ancient meaning of the word "virgin" differs from our modern conception. "Virgin" indicated an independent autonomous woman, a woman not required to answer to any man or child. The title had little to do with abstinence from sexual intercourse

The word often translated as "virgin" in biblical texts of Hebrew origin was "almah," which actually meant "unmarried woman." Yet early church fathers translated this as "a sexually chaste woman" in the days of the early church, entrenching that meaning in Christianity. "The interpretation of the virgin birth as the moral sanction of the goodness of sexual chastity was the overwhelming and distinctive contribution of the Christian religion to the ancient mythological formula"

As noted earlier, Love Goddesses were often entitled Virgin. In addition, Virgin was a common title for sacred temple prostitutes, also called "The Brides of God," another title Mary came to share (A).

This may seem shocking at first, but perhaps not quite so shocking when we realize that we are back to the ancient definition: Virgin indicated an independent autonomous woman, a woman not required to answer to any man or child, a woman free to take lovers as she so chose (A, B, *). So many of us have been taught to view sex as such a sinful, negative, violent or lustful act that it is difficult to get our minds around the concept of sacred sex.

Yet sex was sacred in ancient times. "The function of such 'holy virgins' was to dispense the Mother's grace through sexual worship; to heal; to prophesy; to perform sacred dances; to wail for the dead; and to become the Brides of God".

In the Apocryphal Book of James, Anna, Mary's mother, promises her to the temple, and Mary is taken there when she is three. "And she danced with her feet, and all the house of Israel loved her" (Book of James 7:2). The Jewish temples did not accept girls, but the Goddess temples did. Accounts such as this give rise to speculation that Mary was dedicated to a Goddess temple.

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
scuse me whilst I bash my head into a wall. Gotta make sure theres a stud there for maximum effect.

I KNOW there is a God. I've always known. Universes don't just happen by accident. Way to complex. My body, to complex to be an accident. Nature, to complex.

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!! I'm done for real. You losers just want someone to pick on. I'm not gonna play anymore.

what you mean to say is.. you believe you know... right ?
believer

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Mister_Prophet
Wow u losers still practice these "religious debates".
(...) Take your pic, but leave the religious b.s. to God and science.

Seems like religious debates share some attributes with black holes; you don't like them, especially not up close, but still you're attracted by them, or what's you post doing in this thead? :con:

Besides, I think that in the end, you can just leave everthing to someone else really. I care more about science than about some stoopid game console, so I guess posting here is OK for me :p

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site

1. Maybe it helps :rolleyes:

2. I hate to say it, but they do. complex? Bah. Think about atoms. A huge core, whose massive force holds the smaller elecrons around it together. Most of it is really empty space. Think about solar systems. A huge sun; it's massive gravitational pull holds the outer planets in their orbits. Most of the solar system is really empty space. Think about galaxies. A black hole (likely, or another mass if you don't take my word on it :rolleyes: ) holding the solar systems in an orbit around it. How original. Always the same principle, with slight variations. :p

3. STOP POSTING IN THESE THREADS!!! I'm fed up with your pointless remarks. You loser just voice religios propaganda. You'd make a very, very poor preacher. Stop fooling around. :rolleyes:

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"i have never heard one animal tell me it believes in God. and they dont seem overly concerned with good and evil either. animals are only concerned with feeding, fighting, and ****ing."

My cat never tells me shes an aetheist. Therefore, by your logic, she's a fanatic, secret worshipper of some evil cat god :lol:

Also, as you yourself have stated, from a distance we must look like all we care about is feeding, fighting and ****ing. Which in fact is true of many people. But 95% of people believe in God so this logic doesnt hold true either.

I'm not saying that animals do believe in God* but merely that you cant be sure they dont, and demonstarting that the religious argument cannot be resolved.

* although maybe my cat thinks of me as God. Maybe we are all the pets of some giant cat in the sky. Maybe i should stop now.

Vendetta

bNasal Implant=True
Dec 6, 1999
the real world.
www.quadshot.com
my point was that animals dont have the mental capacity to have "ideas". God is an idea.

if animals were capable of higher thought and the idea of God, they would have already made it evident.

So your theory of "maybe they do" is surely lacking.