Jesus bloody christ!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"It does matter if Jesus is the Son of God and He is. Ooops! I've prolly said too much already. "

OMG u belive in god ur a sad loooser LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Just a simulation of the expected response...

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
this isnt about wether or not he is the son of god, its about wether it really makes a difference.

surely his message is what should be important, surely the mear fact he has a famous dad shouldnt make any difference about whether his message is a rightfull one or or not.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
Originally posted by Ulukai
Gosh, that's interesting too. Perhaps the military should consider making armoured personnel carriers out of those trees. I'll 'fire' off a quick e-mail to Colin Powell.

Fire... get it? LOL ROFL LMAO HAHHAHA

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
Originally posted by mister_cope
this isnt about wether or not he is the son of god, its about wether it really makes a difference.

surely his message is what should be important, surely the mear fact he has a famous dad shouldnt make any difference about whether his message is a rightfull one or or not.

Ok, if His message is important, tell me what that is.

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Cat Fuzz

Ok, if His message is important, tell me what that is.

your the christian, if even you dont care about his message, how can you expect anyone else to give a damn? lol

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Frostblood
OMG u belive in god ur a sad loooser LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Just a simulation of the expected response...

We just love our prejudices don't we :p

Vendetta

bNasal Implant=True
Dec 6, 1999
the real world.
www.quadshot.com
misc. ramblings

people want the message jesus gave to be from God so that they can ease their minds with the feeling that something would take care of them. if jesus was just another dude with a way with words then we could never fully believe in his message cuz people arent perfect. with God as his father he could attain perfection.

whats wrong with the idea that we evolved from scum. that the entire universe "just happened"? or maybe the big bang was the work of God.

whats wrong with not seperating "the creator" from "the creation"- they could be one and the same. which would mean we are all a part of God.

whats wrong with not seperating good and evil? structure and chaos? they are both necessary for the universe to exist as it does. and if God created the universe he created evil/chaos along with it.
What God gave us over animals is the ablility to choose between good and evil in our actions. Jesus was relaying the message. personally i cant say i believe in God, but i cant say i dont either.

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Re: misc. ramblings

Originally posted by Vendetta
people want the message jesus gave to be from God so that they can ease their minds with the feeling that something would take care of them. if jesus was just another dude with a way with words then we could never fully believe in his message cuz people arent perfect. with God as his father he could attain perfection.

whats wrong with the idea that we evolved from scum. that the entire universe "just happened"? or maybe the big bang was the work of God.

whats wrong with not seperating "the creator" from "the creation"- they could be one and the same. which would mean we are all a part of God.

whats wrong with not seperating good and evil? structure and chaos? they are both necessary for the universe to exist as it does. and if God created the universe he created evil/chaos along with it.
What God gave us over animals is the ablility to choose between good and evil in our actions. Jesus was relaying the message. personally i cant say i believe in God, but i cant say i dont either.

the idea that god made us somehow better is nothing but a conceit. were just mokeys that got lucky.

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Re: Re: misc. ramblings

Originally posted by mister_cope

the idea that god made us somehow better is nothing but a conceit. were just mokeys that got lucky.

the "god made us special" bit is one of the few points that really make me doubt in christianity. course, lots of it doesnt make sense or sound right, but this is one of the things that really stands out. :p

Vendetta

bNasal Implant=True
Dec 6, 1999
the real world.
www.quadshot.com
...were just monkeys that got lucky...

luck had nothing to do with it. neither did God. a larger brain gave us better chances at survival and therefore perpetuating the species. that larger brain just happens to want to believe their is something "out there" that is bigger than it.

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
...were just monkeys that got lucky...

luck had nothing to do with it. neither did God. a larger brain gave us better chances at survival and therefore perpetuating the species. that larger brain just happens to want to believe their is something "out there" that is bigger than it.

im not entirely convinced. humans, or at least, the humans we evolved from, where kidna the runts of the pack. sure the brain helped, but having dogs to help us hunt didnt hurt either. far as being the dominant species goes, we dont really deserve it. big heads or not, most animals out there could take us 1on1 and out run and outlive us in a good few enviroments.

we happen to have pulled an evolutionary wildcard though. the opposable thumb, which effectively allows us to "cheat" and use tools, create clothes and weapons etc...

Vendetta

bNasal Implant=True
Dec 6, 1999
the real world.
www.quadshot.com
why do you consider our big, tool using brains cheating? was it given to us unfairly? we are not fast, big, strong, tough, or covered in thick leathery skin or fur and we dont have fangs and claws. if we had any one of these we wouldnt need the brains to keep us alive. but what we do have makes us infinitly more dangerous than anything that has lived.

and honestly would you want to be any fierce animal with its limited imagination? i like having a brain.

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
why do you consider our big, tool using brains cheating? was it given to us unfairly? we are not fast, big, strong, tough, or covered in thick leathery skin or fur and we dont have fangs and claws. if we had any one of these we wouldnt need the brains to keep us alive. but what we do have makes us infinitly more dangerous than anything that has lived.

and honestly would you want to be any fierce animal with its limited imagination? i like having a brain.
in a survival of the fittest kinda sense, walking softly and carrying a big stick as opposed to being in some way faster or stronger or something is cheating.

think evolutionary camping :) but im not complaining about being on top of the foodchain lol. and i like my pc :)

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
Plunge into one of the greatest science fiction sagas of all time -- now at a reduced price.

In Emperor: Battle for DuneTM, you command any of three unique armies in a battle to control the universe. Political intrigue, social upheaval, and all-out warfare unfold before you in glorious 3D!

Emperor is now available at a reduced price, just in time for the holidays.

Visit your local retailer, or shop online at the EA Store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2001 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Terms of Service Legal Notices Privacy Policy
Unsubscribe

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"the "god made us special" bit is one of the few points that really make me doubt in christianity. course, lots of it doesnt make sense or sound right, but this is one of the things that really stands out. :p"

I dont see how...all it says is not that we are better, greater or more intelligent than other animals, but that we have the knowlege of good and evil ( and that to get that, we had to disobey God so if anything, we are worse than them.

I agree with Vendetta that when religion trys to deny science or close the minds of followers, there is something wrong, but it doesnt have to do this. Just because some people choose to be ignorant ( imo ) doesnt mean the concept is a bad one.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Cat Fuzz : Jesus's message is simple, love thy neighbor as theyself. "Love is the fulfilling of the law, for love does no harm" ( or something like that ).