Jesus bloody christ!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bah_Mee

No one escapes us!
one post from the Athiest!

had to say it,

Jesus save me from your followers!

by the way they found a planet in another solar system that had sodium in its atmosphere! Now how are the creationists gonna defend themselves hehe!

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"95% of people believe in God? you cant even say 95% of the worlds people have even heard of "our" God."

I didnt say which God. I meant 95% of people in the world believe in some form of deity, although this statistic is a few years old so it may be lower now.

This is not a gaming BBS anyway, its a mapping BBS, although many people here do not actually map, so there is nothing wrong with debating important things here...look at Cactus's two political threads for examples of mature debate...

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
"by the way they found a planet in another solar system that had sodium in its atmosphere! Now how are the creationists gonna defend themselves hehe!"

Sodium? Whats that got to do with anything? And anyway, that sort of evidence isnt going to stop creationists because there are already other planets in our own system, as well as well-documented ones elsewhere.

Bah_Mee

No one escapes us!
Sodium

the whole idea is having an atmosphere with any type of sustainable air or the idea of any form of gas or chemical compound. This makes it more plausible that there may be life out there since we evolved from the micro organisms(like it or not!). The creationists believe humans just appeared out of nowhere and only one man and one woman!?:rolleyes:

what makes me laugh is that humans and monkeys have almost the same gene code. When I told this to a bible thumper who was arguing about creation vs. evolution he acted like I insulted him! "I am not related to a Monkey!" What a ignorant man!

and by the way no offence! :D

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Re: Sodium

Originally posted by Bah_Mee
the whole idea is having an atmosphere with any type of sustainable air or the idea of any form of gas or chemical compound. This makes it more plausible that there may be life out there since we evolved from the micro organisms(like it or not!). The creationists believe humans just appeared out of nowhere and only one man and one woman!?:rolleyes:

what makes me laugh is that humans and monkeys have almost the same gene code. When I told this to a bible thumper who was arguing about creation vs. evolution he acted like I insulted him! "I am not related to a Monkey!" What a ignorant man!

so what if we are a hell of a lot like apes? we're also a hell of a lot different! maybe we came from apes, maybe god crapped us out his arse, or hell lets go a little farther and say some alien race are farming our sorry ass'................makes no difference how you look at it cause in the end everyone knows humans really dont fit in with the rest of the life on earth..............

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Frostblood
"95% of people believe in God? you cant even say 95% of the worlds people have even heard of "our" God."

I didnt say which God. I meant 95% of people in the world believe in some form of deity, although this statistic is a few years old so it may be lower now.

Oh, c'mon. That's cheap. You didn write "a god" but "God" and you know that means the Christian God. That's what people will understand at least, and you can't tell me you don't know that 'cos you are too intelligent, or so I thought.
I did notice a certain drop in some guys intellectual level after the move from PU though... :con:

Well, we had this discussion here as well, and as I said before: God just ran out of original ideas, so he started ripping off older designs. :p

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Oh, c'mon. That's cheap. You didn write "a god" but "God" and you know that means the Christian God. That's what people will understand at least, and you can't tell me you don't know that 'cos you are too intelligent, or so I thought.
I did notice a certain drop in some guys intellectual level after the move from PU though...

:) I naturally wrote it with a capital because I always do...sorry. But it wouldnt have been as punchy as "95% of people believe in God ( or Allah, or Buddah, ....etc ).

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Frostblood
:) I naturally wrote it with a capital because I always do...sorry. But it wouldnt have been as punchy as "95% of people believe in God ( or Allah, or Buddah, ....etc ).

Oh, well. But I still don't buy it. 'Cos the gods in Buddhism and Hundu don't count IMO. In those religions gods are just a higher form of life, not too special. :p

Oh, and Buddah doesn't count either. He's a man. A special man, yes, but no god. A human being. All he was came from within.

Last edited:

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Re: Sodium

If u believe science is God or God is God, it really dosn't matter...either way you have no point of beginning for creation, so believing we evolved from simple compounds on Earth begs the question "where did Earth come from?...or the stars?...or dimension itself?" the answer is the same as if you ask "where did God come from?" we don't know....so your sad following of a THEORY of evolution that never held water requires a leap of faith even greater than religeon, because it is far easier to believe that the complexity of life was engineered than it is to believe it simply "happened"

...many microbiologists are coming to believe this as they study how interrelated and mind-boggling complex even the simplest DNA is.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
If u believe science is God or God is God, it really dosn't matter...either way you have no point of beginning for creation, so believing we evolved from simple compounds on Earth begs the question "where did Earth come from?...or the stars?...or dimension itself?" the answer is the same as if you ask "where did God come from?" we don't know....so your sad following of a THEORY of evolution that never held water requires a leap of faith even greater than religeon, because it is far easier to believe that the complexity of life was engineered than it is to believe it simply "happened"

...many microbiologists are coming to believe this as they study how interrelated and mind-boggling complex even the simplest DNA is.

I believe in God and I believe in evoloution. Evoloution is no more a theory than gravity or the periodic table : it can be seen to happen, the fossil record shows it happened. Nothing is ever proven, but evolotuon is as sure as any other theory which is taken for granted today. DNA is incredibly complex, but think of this : a protein in your body may consist of thousands of amino acids in a massive chain. It has to fold up into exactly the right shape to work, or you'll die. Yet almost every time, it folds exactly right, because of simple electomagnetic forces between the different atoms. There are thousands of atoms, with only 5 or 6 different types, all interacting in very simple ways, and from this a protein can fold exactly into the right shape every time. Order can occour out of 'chaos' and does on a regular basis every day in your cells.

The question is not why we are the way we are, but why anything is at all.

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
just curous....when was the last time a religion admitted it was fundamentally wrong and re-wrote some of it's teachings ? .... ......
...any takers ?

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
The Pope admitted that demons didnt actually exist a few years ago. But they have no reason to change the fundamental religious texts as, apart from anything else, in many cases they are the main historical records on many events, e.g the exodus from egypt, which is an accepted fact.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
In a dream or a nightmare
When love gives way to hate
The quest begins
For the keys to the seven gates
Ride the wings of a locust
See the wizard cast his spell
Search for the keys to
The seven gates of Hell

In Heavens Hell
Where all evil dwells
And man and beast are one
Conceiled to all
Reveiled to none
Lie those infernal gates
Thoses damned infernal gates

The seven gates of Hell

Hear the cry of the zombie
Raid the body of its soul
The quest for the sacred keys
Has become its goal
Steal the wings of a hydra
Take the sword from the sacred shrine
The strength of the beast
Take the sinners mind

Unveiled in death to the sinner
Written in the ancient book of lies
Hear the demons call
>From the crimson waterfall
As the blood rains from the skies

When realities a dream
And every lie is true
In the day when you are me
And the night when I am you

When the flame of life grows cold
We chime the silent bell
And the unborn child is old
The seven gates of Hell

Going through the gates of Hell!

Oh, in Heavens Hell
So many died in vein
They never lived, their tales to tell
None shall find the keys
To set their spirits free
>From the seven gates of Hell
The seven gates
The seven gates
The seven gates...

The seven gates of Hell

I hear the creatures crawling
Oh let me out of here
Don't keep me locked away like this
ohh... nooo......

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
to bangout and the other naysayers

well, as the saying goes, if you cant stand the heat; Go Fuck yourselves you motherfucking sons of bitches.

no offense or anything.

oh, and re:the church changing its scriptures/official line..
they recently-ish admitted that mary magdalena and the whore who begs forgiveness (er, sometime...) are not the same person, but that mary magdalena was actually nearer to a disciple.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
No Frostblood, natural selection is real, evolution has never had any evidence to support it...the two are not the same....you cannot "breed" a cow from a paramecium.

and if the functioning of DNA were so simple, and could come easily out of chaos, then there would be spontanious creations of reproducing, happy little life forms coming out of amino acids all the time...yet even when we give them the best environments, we can't make it happen and have never seen it occur in nature or lab..

Sing me a song, you're a singer.
Do me all wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The devil is never a maker .
The less that you give, you're a taker.

So it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hell
Oh, well.

Lovers of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner.
The close you get to the meaning
The sooner you know that You're dreaming.

So it's on and on and on,

Oh, it's on and on and on.

It goes on and on and on. Heaven and Hell

I can tell
Oh,
ooh,
Yeah,yeah
yeah

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion.
For ev'ry moment of truth there's confusion in life.
Lover can be seen as the answer.
But nobody bleeds for the dancer.

And it's on and on and on, on and on and on and on and on and on

on and on and on and on and on and on.

say that life's a carrousel,
spinning fast you've got to ride it well.
The world is full of kings and queens
who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.
It's heaven and hell.

Oh well .
And they'll tell you that black is really white,
the moon is just the sun at night;
And when you walk in golden halls,
you get to keep the gold that falls.
It's heaven and hell.
No,no
Fool,fool

You got to bleed for the dancer.
Fool, Fool
Look for the answer.