It lives...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I don't want to degrade the quality. Plus, I don't know of any good open source that can keep around the same output as OBS.

Neither do I. I do know that Lightworks is a free video editing program that you could use to strip the audio after the fact and still get good quality, though you'd have to test to be 100% :eek:

Can I be a star in your movie? What do I get paid?

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Neither do I. I do know that Lightworks is a free video editing program that you could use to strip the audio after the fact and still get good quality, though you'd have to test to be 100% :eek:

Can I be a star in your movie? What do I get paid?

Thanks, I will look into it.

Why yes you may! I can pay you in Pita Chips! Cool?!

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Osk that was pretty good.

Rip, you focused too much on him and not the flag. I've had those moments in console FPS games online. Start going after one guy because they seem to have your number. Never ends well. Stick with the objective :p

Ugh, I could have done a lot of things better, it was my last game of the night and I wasn't feeling it. I always play worse after any drink. But with the layout of that flagroom, you can't just get in and out. :-\ Maybe with practice, but even one rocket will get you into trouble. I was never good with the Ripper, that would have been the tool for the job, still would have been hard though. And if I linger outside for any time Dagger gets me from behind. Not just the flagroom but the whole base.... to get back I'd have to keep my weapon out and kill the enemy every step of the way. Wasn't happening lol.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
That might be the first time I've seen my and Sonic's EO version sprees with the changes in a real game..... it certainly lended you a hand when you didn't need one Osk lol but I thought it was cool! Very cool. Rah didn't agree though heh.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Ugh, I could have done a lot of things better, it was my last game of the night and I wasn't feeling it. I always play worse after any drink. But with the layout of that flagroom, you can't just get in and out. :-\ Maybe with practice, but even one rocket will get you into trouble. I was never good with the Ripper, that would have been the tool for the job, still would have been hard though. And if I linger outside for any time Dagger gets me from behind. Not just the flagroom but the whole base.... to get back I'd have to keep my weapon out and kill the enemy every step of the way. Wasn't happening lol.

With rockets I've found it best to get out of that room by hitting the wall right in front of the flag. Charge up 3-4 rockets and you can get into the middle room on one shot, that is of course if you are alive long enough.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
That might be the first time I've seen my and Sonic's EO version sprees with the changes in a real game..... it certainly lended you a hand when you didn't need one Osk lol but I thought it was cool! Very cool. Rah didn't agree though heh.

I have been trying to figure out what EO2.0 was :lol: - Dagger had mentioned the spree bonuses to me but I hadn't yet seen them. The only thing I (think) that I noticed that's also different is there is no shock ball limit? I think the version that became the norm (1.4pa) back in the day had a 3 ball limit. There may have even been a faster primary shock fire rate but I don't really recall. 0_o

My goal is to go godlike on osk sometime in the next few weeks. It won't happen, but it's a goal.

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014

I would have loved to see the TeamSay chat :p

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
I have been trying to figure out what EO2.0 was :lol: - Dagger had mentioned the spree bonuses to me but I hadn't yet seen them. The only thing I (think) that I noticed that's also different is there is no shock ball limit? I think the version that became the norm (1.4pa) back in the day had a 3 ball limit. There may have even been a faster primary shock fire rate but I don't really recall. 0_o

My goal is to go godlike on osk sometime in the next few weeks. It won't happen, but it's a goal.

I probably shouldn't be saying this but didn't sniper get a slight nerf in 1.4pa as well?

Rip

Nov 12, 2014

*eyes flash* Sparky! Gah. I tried to keep my changes subtle enough to not affect gameplay or change the experience much for anyone. BUT STILL! -_- How can you not notice that EVERY item in the map except the boots and invis has received a huge buff?! lol. As single-mindedly as you go after those boots, I thought you would appreciate the improvements to the other buffs hehe. I doubled ALL the values of Belt, Health, Thigh and Chest armors. At the least. And OF COURSE my EO has a shockball explosion limit. 3. The primary has been slowed considerably also. Truthfully, it needs its damage scaled up some to compensate. The Enforcer was changed. Something might have been done to the primary, but the secondary is explosive. I think it was tweaked some. The Mini may have been tweaked a little. The Sniper I don't believe was touched, with the Rocket Launcher I attempted a minor change to make the secondary useful but it still needs more. The Pulse secondary had its ranged increased drastically. Of course the Translocator wasn't touched. :p The Impact Hammer, I feel I did do something to it. It will instagib from outside melee range. I think I made the Redeemer explosion, but not the Impact Hammer explosion, a little bigger. Did I add that explosion? I don't remember. Believe I gave the Flak secondary more explosions? Not a good solution. Flak needs reworking. I don't think I did anything to the Ripper or the Goo. Oh actually I did decrease goo ammo. And as you know, I added the Spree Bonuses. I wanted to reward good killing and add some more coolness. It starts off with the Health Keg at Killing Spree, then Rampage gives the Health Keg and the Shield.... so on so forth - it gives you the old gift again and a new one each time to sweeten the deal. I had actually completely forgotten about that! Until the game which should also be forgotten. lol. It's been a while, and I wasn't the one that made the changes, awesome Sonic the man would just show up and offer to do a little from time to time.

I respect Dagger's EO versions, much more was done with them, and done well. And there's things I like in them. Namely his changes to the Ripper. But there's things I personally don't like in them, so as long as it doesn't become an issue, I'd rather keep my version. But if it does, if enough people ask for Dagger's version, I'll put it on - I'll give the people what they want. :p Hehe. But for the most part I liked the original EO. The balance of the damage, health and regen that it had which made it so deadly and fast moving. What always bugged me was how so much went unused, unfavored. I wanted to improve upon EO, how I thought Cicero the original creator, might have done. Honestly, there's still a lot more I'd love to do, but because I was a 'backseat driver' I know nothing about how to make any changes to the Excessive files. You know, I feel guilty, and really appreciative, to Sonic for what he did just out of pure generosity. I've been looking at the file, but it's a lot harder than figuring out Wordpress CSS lol. But if I could, I would continue to improve upon the other weapons and modes until they were in the right place to be favored but not overbearing upon the existing triangle of Sniper, Shock and Rockets. It wouldn't hurt to give the boots a little love either, though I know some really appreciate them already. And I think that the other buffs could still use a little more. Rather than decreasing the damage of any weapons, I would increase the value that map buffs would have on that. But there is one change I'd make that would not be taken well. In my charge to make everything useful, I'd also want to make the AMMO and AMMO REGEN useful as well.... that would mean decreasing max ammo pools. I don't want to force any one to play any differently, I think my changes demonstrate my light touch on existing gameplay, but if someone is using one weapon, and using its ammo far more than is necessary to do the job, they should run out of ammo temporarily. ;-)

Last edited:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
*eyes flash* Sparky! Gah. I tried to keep my changes subtle enough to not affect gameplay or change the experience much for anyone. BUT STILL! -_- How can you not notice that EVERY item in the map except the boots and invis has received a huge buff?! lol. As single-mindedly as you go after those boots, I thought you would appreciate the improvements to the other buffs hehe. I doubled ALL the values of Belt, Health, Thigh and Chest armors. At the least. And OF COURSE my EO has a shockball explosion limit. 3. The primary has been slowed considerably also. Truthfully, it needs its damage scaled up some to compensate. The Enforcer was changed. Something might have been done to the primary, but the secondary is explosive. I think it was tweaked some. The Mini may have been tweaked a little. The Sniper I don't believe was touched, with the Rocket Launcher I attempted a minor change to make the secondary useful but it still needs more. The Pulse secondary had its ranged increased drastically. Of course the Translocator wasn't touched. :p The Impact Hammer, I feel I did do something to it. It will instagib from outside melee range. I think I made the Redeemer explosion, but not the Impact Hammer explosion, a little bigger. Did I add that explosion? I don't remember. Believe I gave the Flak secondary more explosions? Not a good solution. Flak needs reworking. I don't think I did anything to the Ripper or the Goo. Oh actually I did decrease goo ammo. And as you know, I added the Spree Bonuses. I wanted to reward good killing and add some more coolness. It starts off with the Health Keg at Killing Spree, then Rampage gives the Health Keg and the Shield.... so on so forth - it gives you the old gift again and a new one each time to sweeten the deal. I had actually completely forgotten about that! Until the game which should also be forgotten. lol. It's been a while, and I wasn't the one that made the changes, awesome Sonic the man would just show up and offer to do a little from time to time.

I respect Dagger's EO versions, much more was done with them, and done well. And there's things I like in them. Namely his changes to the Ripper. But there's things I personally don't like in them, so as long as it doesn't become an issue, I'd rather keep my version. But if it does, if enough people ask for Dagger's version, I'll put it on - I'll give the people what they want. :p Hehe. But for the most part I liked the original EO. The balance of the damage, health and regen that it had which made it so deadly and fast moving. What always bugged me was how so much went unused, unfavored. I wanted to improve upon EO, how I thought Cicero the original creator, might have done. Honestly, there's still a lot more I'd love to do, but because I was a 'backseat driver' I know nothing about how to make any changes to the Excessive files. You know, I feel guilty, and really appreciative, to Sonic for what he did just out of pure generosity. I've been looking at the file, but it's a lot harder than figuring out Wordpress CSS lol. But if I could, I would continue to improve upon the other weapons and modes until they were in the right place to be favored but not overbearing upon the existing triangle of Sniper, Shock and Rockets. It wouldn't hurt to give the boots a little love either, though I know some really appreciate them already. And I think that the other buffs could still use a little more. Rather than decreasing the damage of any weapons, I would increase the value that map buffs would have on that. But there is one change I'd make that would not be taken well. In my charge to make everything useful, I'd also want to make the AMMO and AMMO REGEN useful as well.... that would mean decreasing max ammo pools. I don't want to force any one to play any differently, I think my changes demonstrate my light touch on existing gameplay, but if someone is using one weapon, and using its ammo far more than is necessary to do the job, they should run out of ammo temporarily. ;-)

It would be nice if head shots were introduced :)