INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.3 Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
So does WP1.3 replace Dukes Nades? i cant remember if i read that somewhere or if i imagined it.

The OICW is really tricky, i still can't figure it all out, and i can't remember what the readme said.

The scopes for the Barrett and the M14DMR are rather small, it would be good if they could be enlarged somewhat, and mabe made more controllable like the other sniper rifles. Although the new crosshairs are a good addition.
The bulk of the Barretts ammo is a little excessive, the RC50 ammo is 2 bulk for 5rds, so the Barretts ammo should be 4 or 5 bulk.

I don't exactly like the M14 synthetic stock, i would have rathered a wood one or at least make it a darker shade of green, and i would like a wooden fore grip on the FN FAL too.

Could you also remove the bi pod on the iron sighted M14 and maybe reduce the sway just a little bit, i find it difficult to hit much with irons over medium range where as its easier with the other 7.62 rifles. Also maybe make the iron sight version able to be hipped like the other iron sighted weapons. The sound for the M14DMR is awfully quiet, sounds like a supressed weapon, even without the suppressor, is it mean to be this quiet?

But on a good note, i like that the FN FAL's mags have been bulked up to 3, now the same weight as the 20rd 7.62 mags for the G3, PSG-1, and M14DMR.

I'm also a little bit dissappointed that the OICW only has Burst or Semi auto fire, i always thought it was Full Auto and Semi?

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
You guys are getting fancier weapons in INF every day, you guys are in hog heaven out there, do you understand, man? You had the big weapons catalogue opened up, "What's G12 do, Tommy?" "Well, it says here it 'destroys everything but the fillings in their teeth, helps us pay for the war effort', well ****, pull that one up."

*Pull up G12 please.*

*BOOM* *FLASH* *BANG*

"Cool, what's G13 do?"

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
OK. I'll take the time to reply to your post point by point as it basically resume all comments I get all day long :p

I could make an FAQ with those question.

Lethal Dosage said:
So does WP1.3 replace Dukes Nades? i cant remember if i read that somewhere or if i imagined it.

Actually, the INFMOD_Nades are duke nades. Dukenades became INFMOD_Nades. The latest version of the INFMOD_Nades are the same nades but updated with tweaked rolling effect (yes, now the nades do actually stop rolling at some point), new smoke settings, new shellshock effect and anti-cheat (mostly to block the anti-flash cheat). The some "goodies" have also been removed from the version that was found in WP 1.2.

The OICW is really tricky, i still can't figure it all out, and i can't remember what the readme said.

Read the manual again. The original version of the manual was pretty clear but I took the time to noob-proof even some more. So you should be ok. Just don't complain. For once you have something more complex then point-fire :p

The scopes for the Barrett and the M14DMR are rather small, it would be good if they could be enlarged somewhat, and mabe made more controllable like the other sniper rifles.

When I implement a weapon or attachement, I think about the following: what is it used for, how is it used, what makes it usefull (and good) and what doesn't make it usefull in other situation. Loosing track of any of those points makes a weapon boring, uber, unbalanced or what ever.

The main problem with scopes is that they reduce your field of view considerably. The higher the scope power, the smaller the field of view. Most scopes in INF have field of view very very large, which makes them very easy to use. The scopes I coded have smaller field of view to bring them closer to their real-life counterpart, although there again a compromise had to be made because of the inherent problem of playing the game on a monitor and not with a VR helmet ;)
Technically, the radius of the scope view should be even smaller. But they wont get any smaller, nor larger. The wobble/movement due to breathing/walking might be reviewed in future releases though.

Note that I have ZERO experience with sniper rifle, but I do a lot of photography and a lot with large focal objectives (>600mm), which leads to similar problems.

Although the new crosshairs are a good addition.

Aren't they? did you know that both are crosshair used by leupold and that their are on scale. That is, you can use them, just like the real ones, to evaluate distance using a person as reference. This works especially well with the Leupold SPR Tactical reticle (M14DMR). With some training they can also be used efficiently to evaluate bullet drop.

The bulk of the Barretts ammo is a little excessive, the RC50 ammo is 2 bulk for 5rds, so the Barretts ammo should be 4 or 5 bulk.

The barret is a huge mofo. Same goes with the 10 rounds mags. You have to remember that bulk is not just about weight. And if you double the weight or size of an object, it doesn't mean that its "bulkyness" will double. That, combine with balance (arrg) and an imperfect system, give the bulk that you have on the Barret and its mags.

I don't exactly like the M14 synthetic stock, i would have rathered a wood one or at least make it a darker shade of green, and i would like a wooden fore grip on the FN FAL too.

I don't like the synthetic look of my monitor. I would like a wooden frame that fits perfectly with my desk and the other fournitures in my room. If all the computer wiring could be invisible, that would be nice too.

Could you also remove the bi pod on the iron sighted M14 and maybe reduce the sway just a little bit

I wonder why the army used bipods on weapons to start with. They would get a lot less sway too without them. If only they knew ;)

i find it difficult to hit much with irons over medium range where as its easier with the other 7.62 rifles.

Yes. If I have time, I will edit the other 7.62 rifles to make them more difficult too. Good idea.

Also maybe make the iron sight version able to be hipped like the other iron sighted weapons. The sound for the M14DMR is awfully quiet, sounds like a supressed weapon, even without the suppressor, is it mean to be this quiet?

Yes it is quiet. My neighbours complained too much during testing so I toned the volume down... I was too lazy to find my headphones. But good news! Zeep™ is working on new sounds for all our weapons and even other weapons. He has no neighbours (I guess) or he is less lazy then I am and found his headphones so the next sounds will be perfect with good volume.

But on a good note, i like that the FN FAL's mags have been bulked up to 3, now the same weight as the 20rd 7.62 mags for the G3, PSG-1, and M14DMR.

ah! that's what I changed on the FAL... I didn't even remember :p

I'm also a little bit dissappointed that the OICW only has Burst or Semi auto fire, i always thought it was Full Auto and Semi?

Well the OICW never went into production and no variant was ever used by the military, so we can do pretty much everything we want, although you are right, at least one prototype had a Semi/Full group. bleh. I use only semi anyway... you should try it some day, it's fun too.

EDIT: ok this reply is way too long. We should make it a sticky or something. :D

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Geo, just had a clue of what caused that issue: the OICW smart grenade got stuck bouncing in somewhere in the ACB revised main building, that´s why the sounds disappeared when I spawned (get away from that building) and re-started when I got close to CD cap area... I figured that out when i fired a smart grenade and it bounced on the wall and kept kicking till got back to near my virtual feet, doing exactly that annoying giger meter sound... XD

And I make A. Sec. Squad my words: "good work and thanks for keeping INF alive"!!! (and Hope the UMP get released someday... along with NVG and Binoculars, hehehe)

CampersDaz

Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
geogob said:
Did you actually crash or lag a server that way?
It depends how many PDD rounds are stuck in a wall. To make the server lag just pump 2-3 rounds in a wall and shoot them. The game freezes for a few seconds. Yesterday i fired 4 or 5 PDD at a wall and everybody got disconnected.
The effect ist the same when you have exploding ammo activated and detonate 30 M67 at the same time. At a certain number the server says "goodbye".

I don't know how many rounds i need to crash a server. Any admin will surely kill me if i make a server crash ;)

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Lethal Dosage said:
[M14 w/o scope] i find it difficult to hit much with irons over medium range where as its easier with the other 7.62 rifles.
I experienced this too. I often missed a still standing target on medium ranges where it would have been a sure kill with G3 or FAL.
Even if you stand still for a while the M14 keeps swaying. I'm not sure yet whether I like it or not...

Also maybe make the iron sight version able to be hipped like the other iron sighted weapons.
This is a balancing trade-off made for one-shot-one-kill weapons and has nothing do with scoped or not scoped.

A.Sec.Squad said:
Anyway. Just want to say: good work and thanks for keeping INF alive. :)
True. But now reinstall INF and start playing again. We have a full DTAS server nearly every day now.
BTW. nice flag.... *copy*

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
CampersDaz said:
It depends how many PDD rounds are stuck in a wall. To make the server lag just pump 2-3 rounds in a wall and shoot them. The game freezes for a few seconds. Yesterday i fired 4 or 5 PDD at a wall and everybody got disconnected.
The effect ist the same when you have exploding ammo activated and detonate 30 M67 at the same time. At a certain number the server says "goodbye".

I don't know how many rounds i need to crash a server. Any admin will surely kill me if i make a server crash ;)

Thank you for the Info. I will investigate further. Same with the ACB issue.

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
@ PPD crash server
1 x 20 mm magazin (6 Nades) + 1 PD for heavy explosion = > 2 min freeze on AMD 64 3200 GHZ offline alone @ EP.

EDIT1: online 1 player @ Norwich INFGermany 1 x 20 mm magazin (6 Nades) + 1 PD for heavy explosion = > 10 second lag but server cpu usage form 8 % up to 100 %.

EDIT2: online 1 player @ Norwich INFGermany 2 x 20 mm magazin (12 Nades) + 1 PD for heavy explosion = > server 100 % load for 2 minutes and client = Connection timed out after 30.000000 seconds.

==> OICW disabled on infgermay (mutate disableweapon OICW)

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Hey cool Geo you are back from Brasil and back in business :) Good job!

My lack of time held me from playing INF for the last 3 month (and lack of populated servers prevented me from playing the few times I tried). Only 2 weeks to go till semester break - hope some will actually play then...

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
AFAIK the brazilian women inspired geo to finish off WP1.3 and make us as happy as he was... XD

Geo, look at the mess that 4 PDD stuck in a wall does when hit by a PD grenade... millions of debris and flaks... awfull! 30 sec lag during offline play at a AMD 2.4 1gigaRAM (FX5600 3d card)

But if the grenades get disabled after stucked, it wouldn´t happen... admins, DONT BAN MY BELOVED OICW!!!! XXP :doh: :flame:

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
well i've finally figured out most of the features of the OICW, just haven't figured out the NV and how the change the little red 100m thing, i'm not sure what it even does. Maybe i should read the manualagain... nah, i'll figure it out!

I find that the M14DMR's sway with iron sights is way too much, standing still with full stamina and health, the front sight sways around fully within the rear sight ring, where as all other iron sighted weapons barely move at all (including 7.62 and 5.56 weapons, sub guns and shotties). It makes it really difficult to hit a target at say 60m and i would rather the G3 or FAL for picking off targets, plus they have auto, so they would come in handy at closer ranges as well, all the more reason why the other rifles would be picked over the M14. This rifle needs to be able to compete with the other battle rifles, so it should at least be able to shoot as accurately

I still think the iron sight M14DMR should be able to be hipped, like all the other iron sighted weapons, or else it is useless for emergency hip shooting.

Most rifles didn't have bipods installed attached, sure the infantry MAY have been equiped with them, but it doesn't mean they were used all the time, for example, the M16a1 in Vietnam, all soldiers were issued with bipods, but 98% of them were ditched when the troops got in th jungles. Bipods are usually only used on sniper rifles, sure which the M14DMR is, but on the iron sight version its isn't necessary, or could it at least be folded up instead of out?

If you want a wood case for you monitor go ahead, but when your monitor overheats and frys, it will be your fault. Most M14's had wood stocks, and they looksed damn sexy in them. Only recently (last 10yrs or so) have they been in synthetic stocks, and INF needs more full wood stocks.

As for the Barrett, the weapon bulk itself i have no problem with, but the ammo is twice the size, weight and capacity of the RC50 ammo and so should be twice the bulk, not 4x.

In regards to scopes, when you look down a scope you see the magnified (for lack of a better word) area inside a black ring with the recticle, but you also see whats outside the scope. The average rifle scope has a eye relief of a few inches, having you eye too close to the scope (ie. incorrectly) produces the black tunnel, blotting out whats around the scope. I'll try and take a few photos using my spare 4x scope.

Its a pity with the OICW that because of what it is, it will probably be banned by most servers, like the AT4. Ohh well maybe i should concentrate on praying/begging for the UMP and the Steyr AUG.

And for those who ask what my qualifications about bipods and scopes are, i've used many scoped rifles (Accuracy International L96a1, Steyr Aug a1 and a2, Sako 75 7mm-08, BRNO Fox .22 hornet) although some aren't exactly military, scopes are generally the same, its just the minor features that set them appart. And as for bipods, this is from my experance in the army (2005 - onwards) and my fathers (1980 - 1985) as well as various veterans i know (1967 - 1993).

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
the m82 shoots to the bottom, right of the crosshair. but i still shoot it will accuracy. i hit someone (weed. abraxas, er w/e) at the 500m mark on training map while he was moving, just had to aim alittle to the top left with the crosshair. everyone thinks oicw is too good.... i will always stick to famas, although i still think famas needs a reflex sight or something. m14 isnt my favorite weapon but it is a silences sniper rifle. soo, i still like the WP, hope there will be more and if not then i hate you. :)

^ that dude makes a good point. you SHOULD be able to see around the scope like on a normal rifle, you wouldnt see around it if you stick your eye up to it, but if you could see around the scope will that area be zoomed as well? if so then the scopes need to just be larger so that you can "scan" with them. the oicw will probably be banned because it seems to be too powerful, the gun should have an OPTIONAL scope, grenade launcher and all that and the grenades should have a little more mass so the whores go away (lol). the at4 was just, stupid, so that really has no rellivance to this. but there is room for improvement, not saying it is all bad, but it could have been better. i wish i knew how to do all of that stuff (modelling, coding, ect.) because i could help. the only thing i can think of that i might be able to do would be the textures, not sure though, i havent done too much stuff like that. well anyway, hope to see more guns, i love guns...

Last edited:

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
lol geo... roflol.... i cant think of anything to say, i'll just say this, do not hold alt fire while aiming... this may cause accuracy and precision, that is not what you want...

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Well, in real life, you wouldn't need to 'hold your breath' to simply stabilize your view. That's the problem most people, including myself, have with the scopes.

Considering the new rifles have bipods deployed - I find it difficult to believe that there couldn't possibly be that much 'scope bob' while I'm laying prone with a supported rifle.

As far as the OICW having 'optional' accessories...

I'm fairly certain it was designed to be an 'all-in-one' death machine. Not so much 'optional' as it is 'the purpose of the design'.

As for it beating the shit out of every other gun (except for that magical AKM) - well, why wouldn't it? It's the future of weapon design. It has an on-board computer designed to make killing easier and more precise. Personally, I enjoy the hell out of, simply because of the complications of operating it.