INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.3 Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
cracwhore said:
Well, in real life, you wouldn't need to 'hold your breath' to simply stabilize your view. That's the problem most people, including myself, have with the scopes.

Considering the new rifles have bipods deployed - I find it difficult to believe that there couldn't possibly be that much 'scope bob' while I'm laying prone with a supported rifle.

As far as the OICW having 'optional' accessories...

I'm fairly certain it was designed to be an 'all-in-one' death machine. Not so much 'optional' as it is 'the purpose of the design'.

As for it beating the shit out of every other gun (except for that magical AKM) - well, why wouldn't it? It's the future of weapon design. It has an on-board computer designed to make killing easier and more precise. Personally, I enjoy the hell out of, simply because of the complications of operating it.
If you love real life so much why dont you marry it.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
I do not mind the oicw banned, its a pity a very nice gun design (even gameplay wise) has the little problems of being aimed far too easy in grendade mode (though someone explained to me that this really might be the way it works, so maybe even fully realistic).

Maybe someone can go and put a rangefinder into a scope and call it binoc :)?!

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
OK i took some photos of a proper scope view.
I had to zip the first one cus its too big

1. The proper scope view
2. "INF" style view caused by having the eye too close to the scope
3. the scope i used for the pics

Attachments

• _Real scope view.zip
    993.4 KB · Views: 23
  • _INF style view.JPG
    _INF style view.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 58
  • _The scope.JPG
    _The scope.JPG
    986.1 KB · Views: 38

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
That is very nice Lethal Dosage. And as much as I'd like to do that (a real scope implementation in INF) it is not possible. sorry.

And you know, that funny, the scope view in your picture (the actually FOV of the scope) isn't much bigger then the one I made for the M14 and the M82. Perhaps just a little bigger, but not much :p

Lethal Dosage

Yes i noticed that too, but the point i was making was that you can see around the scope, it isn't just all black.

The only reason i wanted the M14DMR scope widened is cus otherwise people will still take the PSG-1 because it is easier to snipe with, ATM the only thing the M14DMR has going for it is the supressor.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
In True Combat: Elite they´ve implemented this "true scope vision", and are the only mod around with this feature... that´s a pitty UT engine limitations don´t permit it, is really nice! Oh... RO have it too, but it makes the machine lag (TC:E is more efficient in this matter)...

I hope the next installment of INF (in 2016) features it too...

But right now I still don´t trade INF for any other, cus it stills have the other most realistic features and the best weapons around, ;-) (thanxs to IMT for that one)

Lethal Dosage

Attachments

• OICW broken down.jpg
    OICW broken down.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 33

Lethal Dosage

I found the pic of the US Army's planned XM-8 family, looks like the LMG variant has a Beta C mag, i wonder if one will be made for Dukes XM-8? And maybe fix his optical sight on it too?

Since the OICW is ingame can i ask that the Australian AICW be implemented too?

Attachments

• XM-8 family.jpg
    XM-8 family.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 32
  • aicw-2005.jpg
    aicw-2005.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Its not queer! its just ugly.

But just imagine how weird having a semi auto 3 shot grenade launcher would be, especially over the rifle, only the OICW is sorta like that. Amd this will be lighter, and it could be made that you don't carry any spare barrels to even it up gameplay wise, plus iron sights would be a possibility as would optics.

But i'll wait for the Steyr AUG first

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
INFGermany + Fool Server reativate IOCW but remove IOCW nades with checkloadout.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Ooooh Isee...thought it was a serverside only correction! So, it will come along with NVG and Binoculars? ;-)

BTW, practical question: could the binoculars be select in the QA menu? So we could toggle easely between it and a primary weapon? (you spot the target with the binoculars and then click, switchs to main gun and bang! XD)

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
Lethal Dosage said:
Its not queer! its just ugly.

But just imagine how weird having a semi auto 3 shot grenade launcher would be, especially over the rifle, only the OICW is sorta like that. Amd this will be lighter, and it could be made that you don't carry any spare barrels to even it up gameplay wise, plus iron sights would be a possibility as would optics.

But i'll wait for the Steyr AUG first

fine, it is ugly. it sounds like a whore weapon to me.

oh yeah, ugly=quere :p

Lethal Dosage

It may be a whore weapon, but if you read up on it, how the GL is reloaded is the whole barrel is removed, and a new one attached to the unit. If the barrel is like 8 bulk (3x 40mm nades =6 bulk, +2 bulk for barrel) not many people will carry spares. And the weapon will be fairly heavy, like 26 bulk or something, cus the grenade launcher unit is really heavy, not too many people will take it. The M4 and AKM will still be bigger whore weapons.

queer isn't ugly, after all heaps of chicks have the hots for Brad Pitt, yet they know hes gay. Just look at how he dresses most the time.