1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

If UT4 was announced...

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Arnox, Nov 29, 2010.

1. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

And do the same every 10 years or so? That makes little sense, especially since you can mod almost everything.

By the way, there is a button next to Quote that lets you do multiquotes in a single post :)

Of course it's possible. It's the Unreal Engine, if you have full access to it, everything is possible. Heck, they even made a real time strategy mod for it. Twice.

2. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Kinda enjoying the single jump, don't really miss the double jump when using it.
    But I am missing the dodgejump, it's not as insane as in UT2004 which had an insane dodge-speed and is much easier to do.

Think I'm gonna start working on a mutator that has single jumping + dodgejumping. That's a fair compromise? Without dodgejumping UT feels just so limited.

3. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

So UT-99 was limited?

4. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Yes, it was very simplistic. I would almost say...
    "Casual"

5. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Just note that I forgot to change the gravity back to 1.0(from 0.9) in the config. So it's gonna feel a bit floaty and off.

6. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Go play hardcore or turbo mode. Then come back and report.

7. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Hardcore mode and that mutator I posted feels exactly the same...
    Apart from the weapons, that shock rifle and sniper rifle in UT99 feels kinda OP.

Anyone got the exact numbers on Turbo Mode and Hardcore Mode?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  8. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Do you mean that people may choose monkey movements for Deathmatch too? That would be extremely disappointing :>

I don't get why the UT2k4 movements have to be brought back; keep them in something like UC2, where they were fun and right in the contest of that game. UT never needed this stuff to be cool - just build it up from the features and balance of UT3, focus on DM/TDM/CTF, make an unique set of maps for Greed because it really needs it (instead of having a boring clone such as Bombing Run). The best way to improve Warfare is not to downgrade it to ONS but instead by making good maps.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  9. Al

Al Reaper

Hey guys. I think Hideinlight made a mutator that changes movement in UT3 or something.

I think. Maybe.

10. xxxx-fail

xxxx-fail New Member

Did I read here that jumping your own body height, and higher, with body armor and carrying multiple weapons, including a rocket launcher, is more realistic than a double-jump?

11. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

I think you should be able to dodge jump and wall dodge and double jump when you're in a vehicle. I mean COME ON epic... come on. It's UT4: Pinball tournament!

12. xxxx-fail

xxxx-fail New Member

Realistic Unreal Pinball Tournament 99-2 ?

13. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Epic Pinball 2? :D

14. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Hey, now there's a smashing idea!

That volcano would look so ominous with today's technology ;-)

15. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Ok Dodgejumping and singe jump didn't work out too well, mostly because of walljumping -> dodgejumping. Could modify it and try something else but I don't think it's worth it.

Double jump is essential for dodgejumping basically.

16. Arnox

Arnox UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Wow. I really didn't think this thread would get that many posts. :D

17. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Going for the "dead horse beating" record !!!

18. WHIPperSNAPper

WHIPperSNAPper New Member

It makes as much sense as people continuing to play football, baseball, soccer, hockey, basketball, and chess even though the rules haven't changed for decades. Why? Because UT99 was more of a cybersport than an ephemeral computer game. I think people would continue to enjoy UT99 style UT just as people enjoy playing basketball.

19. WHIPperSNAPper

WHIPperSNAPper New Member

If that's what people wanted. The player population would ultimately decide which movement style they preferred.

UT 2004 has many fans who never played UT99 and they're happy with the UT 2004 movement--at least for Onslaught and Invasion RPG. I think that not including a UT 2004 movement style option would alienate many of those people.

I don't disagree with you that Warfare's problem was not the UT99 movement style. I think the biggest problem was the feel of the vehicles movement and the lack of first person view and the stupid Nightshade spider mine vehicle. I can't say I was ever real thrilled with UT3's grungy looks either, but that's not what really kills Warfare. Warfare with UT 2004 vehicles would rock IMHO. It did introduce some good ideas with the hoverboards and countdown timer nodes.

20. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

But those sports don't get any graphics updates now do they? :)