Fallout 3 Release 28th October

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Found a couple more bobbleheads. I'm up to 8 now.

In the Dunwich building and in Paradise Falls.

blargh, lv 20 cap. i havent even uncovered a third of the map and ive already reached my maximum allowed stats :(

Crap, I was afraid of that. I'm at lvl 19 right now and haven't even been to the northern part of the map. :(

You level up relatively quickly in this game and then there's no way of increasing your skill stats when you hit the cap (besides skill books and bobbleheads)? Considering how it was in Oblvion, that's kinda messed up.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I just followed a fleeing wastelander, saw a deathclaw he was fleeing from and killed it. As reward the wastelander after talking to him gave me a map to the Treasure of the Mirelurk-king close to the nationalguard armory. Neat, huh?

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
^
That was also one of the first things I experienced during my last session.

I'm at lvl 20 now. I wanted to max out my lockpick skill as I didn't want to get locked out of any cool secrets, so I had to use 18 of my last 21 points on that. If I had known there was a cap when I started, I'd probably have picked my perks a little more carefully. The lawbringer perk was the last one I chose.

I also found this friendly dog that'll accompany me and help me out. I can even tell it to go find stuff for me. Sounds a bit like that other game, doesn't it?

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/majik-/fo3/fo3_09.jpg[/screenshot]

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
well there are other ways of maxing your skills, with cheats :p

or you can start to power level a bit harder, making sure not to improve any stat above 90 no special skills over 9, not raising energy weapons above 70 if you like tesla armor etc. but yeah without cheats you cant 100 every skill :/ in fallout 1 and 2 you couldnt because even with every sidequest in the game you couldnt gain enough skill points to go too high. :| in fallout 3 you cant because theyre lazy ****s who turned half the quests into notes that do nothing and have no purpose or reward...

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Alright I'm gettin better at this now.

Level 4, I ran to tenpenny tower to get it on my map, disabled the bomb in Megaton, and I'm currently in Arefu. Had fun getting there - stalked a gang of 5 Raiders at nighttime. Still low on ammo, but I'm managing so far.

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Hmph.

I'm looking for the 'Family', cannibals I'm assuming. I've got all 3 locations on my map, killed the Super Mutant at the drive-in, and dicked around in that Hideaway cave. Definately liking the atmosphere of this game - much more tense in 'dungeons' than in Oblivion.

Those Radscorpions though... I dunno how far I got in, but it was up to like a curved tunnel with 4 or 5 of them. I ran out of flamer ammo, and I dunno how else to effectively combat them otherwise.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Family is in the trainyard, you need no guns in there, if you handle the situation right.
Actually if you go to Meresti Station (which is literally just to the northwest of Arefu across the river), it takes you right down to them. the worst thing you have to fight is a couple of Mirelurks.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
well there are other ways of maxing your skills, with cheats :p

or you can start to power level a bit harder, making sure not to improve any stat above 90 no special skills over 9, not raising energy weapons above 70 if you like tesla armor etc. but yeah without cheats you cant 100 every skill :/ in fallout 1 and 2 you couldnt because even with every sidequest in the game you couldnt gain enough skill points to go too high. :| in fallout 3 you cant because theyre lazy ****s who turned half the quests into notes that do nothing and have no purpose or reward...

Actually you only need to level your skills to 70 via skillpoints.

I think it'S the perk comprehension that doubles the points you gain for reading a book. there are books for all 13 corresponding skills and I believe there are 10 books for each single skill(I'm now keeping a list of what I've read to confirm this, brand new character too).
so books would give you 20 points on one skill, add the 13 skill bobbleheads that give 10 points on one skill and you're more or less safe if you only go up to 70 skillpoints per skill.

Also raising your SPECIAL attributes raises related skills... and maxing out intelligence soon and taking that perk(forgot the name) which gives you 3 more skill points per perk-level also helps maxing your character out :)

All in all working on a maxed out character should prove a fun challenge.

edit: ofcourse I am aware that assuming I find all books is kinda utopian...

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
moar

I just finished the main quest by mistake :(
The main quest needs to be longer meh. If I had known that was going to be the last mission I would have put it off for a while... gah

dub

Feb 12, 2002
If you say so. I wouldn't call my experience on the main quest "underwhelming" (in fact quite the opposite), but that at least you make it sound like my remaining side quests are going to be awesome too.