1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fallout 3 Release 28th October

Discussion in 'Games' started by anaemic, Oct 28, 2008.

1. anaemic

anaemic she touch your penis?

[​IMG]
    Well the games released today, anyone got it yet?

2. Iron Archer

Iron Archer Holy ****ing King of Trolls

I picked up the PS3 version last night and played a few minutes, just enough time to be born and made it to age 10. Great graphics, sound, etc so far. Looking forward to leaving vault 101.

3. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

It doesn't unlock on Steam for a couple more hours :(

4. B

B Bee

Are the controls of this FPS style?
    I'm not sure if I should get this or not. Last week I got FarCry2 for the PS3 and I returned it 3 days later (for the PC version) because of the controls. I just can't aim with the damn controller. So if this game uses similair controls I'm not going to get it..

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  5. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Can I bash the game and company to hell in this thread? Because they are both ****.

6. Majik

Majik blargh

I'm excited as hell about this game. Preordered the PC version, should be in my mailbox on Friday. [Edit: Heh, I got an email litterally after posting this. They've shipped my copy today. I didn't expect that, looks like I'll get it a little ahead of schedule.]

Taken from Giant Bomb's review:

7. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

You'll be so ashamed of yourself once you've played the game :)
    I too feel dishonorable for ever believing this could be a mere Oblivion with guns...

personal 10/10, anyone know where I could score a collectors edition for pc sans german no gore crap?

8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

9. anaemic

anaemic she touch your penis?

so far im hovering abround a 6 out of 10 :s

itd be lower if i start going all fallout fan-y on it, but as a game on its own that has essentially nothing to do with fallout, it still doesnt rank very high in my books :/

really annoying combat (im basically using the run in face to face and then vats method described above) combined with random badguys wholl open minigun fire at you from the other side of a river and be hitting you with every bullet. are getting on my nerves, my guns are weak as hell, even with the laser rifle now which as far as i can tell is the second best energy weapon in the game o_O im having to shoot raiders four or five times in the head to get a kill.

speaking of which, whilst vats has special targeting for body parts on monsters, humans have no groin shot, or eye shot, and crippling a body part doest seem to affect people in any way.

ammo is really hard to buy, and really expensive, and im permanently running out, you get a mission to go clear out a subway full of flame ants, which you can only attack ranged, but then theres no ammo atall to be found anywhere in the whole dungeon.

children are invincible and unkillable, and friendly npcs die ridiculously easily and have stupid ai, even the brotherhood of steel just stand still in the middle of a field shooting with a pistol at a wall of mutants with rocket launchers, and surprisingly get slaughtered. instead of taking cover, or getting close.

ive already come across npcs with annying oblivion style, different voice actor for each reply speech.

so far, theres been nothing even vaguely adult on the pervometer scale, all people are permanently clad in at least a tshirt and shorts, theres a hooker in the first town, who seems to charge you for her to fall asleep in the same room as you, which by the way consists of you staying standing up and the lighting in the room blurrily changing forward a bit in the day.

loads of quests that are only completable with loads of points in certain stats, even from the first town.

forced assigning levels, the instant you level up. the removal of skills and attributes in general from the older games instead of the addition of more. i feel like i could bitch about this a lot longer but im pretty sure by this point youve either got my point or written off what im saying entirely so meh :(

10. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

okaysoft.de but man, that's one expensive buy.

That doesn't sound good at all. :\ I'll still get it because of the gaming whore that I am. And hope for patches.

11. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

Amazon.co.uk is pretty cheap with games

It has the CE for 35 pounds, or about 44 Euros

12. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop is cool

The game I can understand, but why the company, they've made some pretty damn good games in the past.

13. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Sounds like another DRM-infected, over-hyped marketing ploy fails to deliver. Surprising! D:

14. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

I have yet to do research about this for this game. Is that an assumption or a fact?

15. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Yeah, I think I saw as low as an 80/100. What crap....

Well, I suppose there was that review by Anaemic where he talked about how he ran out of ammo.

~Jason

16. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

Optional

17. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

You can blame people for playing FPS with controllers, I blame people for playing with VATS. :D

18. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Is there a demo out for this? Would like to try it since I have heard good reviews and bad reviews.

19. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Securom. Just like Mass Effect, Spore, Far Cry 2, etc.

20. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bought it, looking forward to playing it.