Best Comments Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChromeBallz

Ballz of Chrome
Aug 10, 2004
chromeballz.fluxxnet.nl
Ok, lets let this be a bygone, ok?

Redfist, your atrodecks are certainly not worth zero's. They are also not worth tens. Look beyond the rubbish ratings everyone gives, decide wether you want to use the tips and criticism given to you in a comment, and let it be. Everyone can comment on your maps, that also means some people who don't agree with you can do that.

The internet is a synonym for anonymity. That means that you can't stop this behaviour. Simply read the comments, if you like them, use them, if you don't like them, let them be. I trust user ratings as much as i would trust broccoli-man guarding my sausages.

Don't react on comments with either arrogancy or bluntness. Put forth your arguments, and go in discussion with those you want to discuss with. Flaming leads to this kind of situations, which no one wants but the most disturbed people who have no social life, apart from camping forums like this.

Hidra, ghostwheel, there are people who disagree with you. Deal with it. Disagreements come with the job. If you disagree with someone, tell them why. Don't use redundant arguments ("ie: you suck, you n00b | my maps are better | i got a gazillion downloads, so i rule (w00tabulous anyone?) etc etc). If you want your map reviewed within a reasonable amount of time, don't trust the review queue. Go to IRC, ask one of the reviewers there if they want to review your map. This gets it done quite a lot faster than putting your map in the review queue, for the simple reason that reviewers generally don't want to review a map whcih ahs been requested impersonally on the site. That implies in most of the cases the mapper wants a quick self-esteem boost instead of him wanting to learn anything, let alone people who upload a map, want a review, don't get it afrter months and flame the forums why their n00b map hasnt been reviewed yet.

Shao should stop commenting al together if he continues to make utterly useless comments on every map that has been uploaded since 2000, diverting attention away from the maps of designers who want to get some tips on how toi improve their work.

This last comment applies to everyone who ahs been flaming lately. New mappers simply don't get a chance for their constructive criticism, since the last comments are filled with flames and low ratings from those socially deprived people.

Please, simply let this entire matter be as it is, and forget it. Just think of the future, accept each other's opinions and react accordingly (ie: no flames or trolls!). Get along, be friendly from now on. Don't chew on the past and simply forget everything here, it's been a total waste fo time fro everyone involved. I think everyone agrees with this.

Now that that's been said: Group hug? :)

ChromeBallz

Ballz of Chrome
Aug 10, 2004
chromeballz.fluxxnet.nl
Ok, time to revive this thread to what it originally was meant for.......

Let me present to you the new quote of the month, by the previous poster, on Redfist's latest map:

--------------------------------------------------
Kantham
10-14-2004 03:46 PM EDT
this is a bad place indeed

well , maybe redfist will like this one , -MAYBE-

[Admin: Redfist made it.]

EDIT : LOL :need to sleep:

Sorry Kantham, but this was just too funny to be ignored ;)

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7863

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ChromeBallz said:
Ok, time to revive this thread to what it originally was meant for.......

Let me present to you the new quote of the month, by the previous poster, on Redfist's latest map:

Kantham
10-14-2004 03:46 PM EDT
this is a bad place indeed

well , maybe redfist will like this one , -MAYBE-

[Admin: Redfist made it.]

EDIT : LOL :need to sleep:

Sorry Kantham, but this was just too funny to be ignored ;)

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7863

nha nothing about alcool , i Was just realy tired!

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
OH YEAH HE'S BACK FOR SOME HOT NC LOVIN. Now someone go find DavidM ;)

Deathbliss
10-20-2004 09:37 PM EDT
Is it just me, Mr. Prophet, or have you gotten even dumber than usual over the years? Just about every friggin' map for UT 2003 and UT 2004 are cubes filled with static meshes! Except of course the terrain ones, which you guys generally bash for being outside. My gosh dude, I think you need to take a break from the community, get laid, and come back with some proper spelling, grammar, and attitude. Oh and no, this isn't a comment on the map. The map looks interesting, although my PREFERENCE (notice I used the work PREFERENCE instead of stating something as fact) isn't Egyptian maps. That doesn't make Egyptian maps bad, same as having a bunch of static meshes in a cube doesn't make a map bad.

To most of the reveiwers here: Please stop finding some new thing to complain about in maps. First it was outdoor levels, then it's static meshes in a level, next it'll be some other stupid preference that has no bearing on how good or bad a map is at all. These things definitely shouldn't be in a level's score; it's not fair to the mapper among other things.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
This gets my vote as the best comment of the day, week or month....

ThaKillaTwinz
10-29-2004 12:00 AM EDT Rating: 1
HORRIBLE. Makes FrogTownStump look like the Mona Lisa.
Funny and well said. It's a shame the map:DM-Killbox didn't get packaged with a screenshot.

On the strength of the comment I'm not going to download it; even out of curiosity.....

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Another one of the snood greats from
Cursedsoul;

""""this map deserves 'the finger'""""

frickin punks killing nalicity
wish him and chromeballz or any other elite big pimple head needs to be popped around here.

They don't do mapping all talk no action,so I rate you a zero hehehehahahahaheheheh...
dumbasses anyway
the elite attitudes abound,getting sick of it,
why don't the rest of you guys start fricking complaining or somthing.

bagh.....

RF out...............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.