Your Most Memorable Moment on Off-Topic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
What's your most memorable moment on here?

I have two.
The forum crash of either 08 or 09, and when somebody made that thread complaining about me posting boobs.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Being an immature shit.

(Oh, you said moment, singular. Uh. Hm.)

There were lots of memorable moments, but I think when stallion (Chris Lambert) Shanghai-ed the PlanetUnreal Forums and created BeyondUnreal...that was a fun time.

Reactions: Morety

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
My best moment is going to be when that psychotic little shit-head Leo gets banned for good from these forums.

This was the worthless little fuck that told people here: "I hope your family are murdered by terrorists." (His, at least I assume it is a "he", but let's say "its" to be clear; its words).

Why isn't "it" banned yet? Or should I just report that incident to the FBI/Homeland Security?

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
My best moment is going to be when that psychotic little shit-head Leo gets banned for good from these forums.

This was the worthless little fuck that told people here: "I hope your family are murdered by terrorists." (His, at least I assume it is a "he", but let's say "its" to be clear; its words).

Why isn't "it" banned yet? Or should I just report that incident to the FBI/Homeland Security?
Seriously.
Are you OK?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Seriously I'm fine but I meant what I said.
I'm right there with you M-core. His toxicity, especially in the OU forums, as well as the general tolerance for it was a main deciding reason for me to completely leave the community. I appealed to the staff to reel him in some and stop his thread hijacking, threats, pointless story posts, etc as it wasn't at all in the scope of why OU still is relevant and useful.

I still can't understand why nothing was done. I was a content creator, source code poster, ran servers, made things for people. I guess the game is so dead that shitposting has a higher entertainment value than more mainstream use. Oh wait....<looks around BU>....Yep, guess that's how it is.

My favorite moments were the long, rambling political and gun discussions. None of us saw any of today coming though. Can you imagine if I had posted that "Trump would be president in 2017 and he would be staunchly pro-gun." I'd have been eaten alive by the group. Real life is indeed stranger than fiction.

Hope you guys are all well. Have a good summer! (Except for Leo, I hope he stubs his toe....while falling off a cliff face.)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Tell me, where have I posted such a thing? I don't see it.

You can call Mulder and Scully on me Manticore for all I care, just do it. But you have to show them something too. So where is it?

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Here's the quote:
,,,,,,,,,,then by god's sake I hope that muslim terrorists will blow you up and that state of things will return to normal.

Here's the page:
https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads/yesterday-in-paris.204122/page-4#post-2619640

And that's not the only instance of that delusional arsehole wishing violence on BuF members. There are others but I'm not going through endless pages of his (her or it's?) shit-posting to find the others (they could have been removed by the mods as I'm sure some of them were reported).

The fact that he would wish that to start with is sociopathic and now to lie about it just indicates co-morbid narcissism.

But hey; that's obviously o.k. to have around here; I really think not and like GoPostal said nothing has been done about it.

What GoPostal said. Fuck off and don't come back.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
I'm right there with you M-core. His toxicity, especially in the OU forums, as well as the general tolerance for it was a main deciding reason for me to completely leave the community. I appealed to the staff to reel him in some and stop his thread hijacking, threats, pointless story posts, etc as it wasn't at all in the scope of why OU still is relevant and useful.
Well GP I'm sorry to hear all that but I'm sure I asked Neonite to get rid of the psychotic, pathetic little fuck.

I'm glad to see you here GP but I'm sorry to see that the only reason you came back was to comment on that trolling little shit.

That's the one million dollar question isn't it GP? Why didn't the moderators and administrators for BuF do something about him and ban him before it was allowed to get so toxic and foul because of him?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The whole move from Puf to Buf, the forum crash of 2008, the insane endless threads with worf and simplycosmic etc. had a lot of fun reading those (piles and piles of popcorn, mountains), making fun ofthe 2004 noobs, the "darkpulse is wrong " and "kantham is mad at" tags are unforgetable (where are they now). Monsterhunt mappers releasing their content, people such as derdak2rot pumping out quality stuff back in 2005. The times of the Zd (zandbakdraken) and dux threads. The ferocious battle threads of Ci and Rsu.
Someone joining a clan just because it was his birthday and creating a thread on it. He didn't even have the game.
Many good times here at Buf.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I'm asking you to stop.

First of all that happened more than two years ago and I honestly forgot about it. Second, I have been banned for about half a year in case you didn't notice. Third, you're taking me too literally and out of context.

I am getting all kind of shit and you are attacking because you are jealous of what I'm doing for the community. But because of people like you, it's possible that you ruined my chances of getting the Unreal 2 expansion pack released.

Congratulations crusaders. But at least it all falls into the picture now.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
You're not being attacked, Leo, you're being held accountable for your truly awful posting habits. If you weren't so horrible, people would be appreciative of a lot of your efforts.

And let's be honest, there was never any Unreal 2 expansion to be released. You were just going to have other people do all the work on whatever you had in mind. That project isn't going to fail because of what anyone here says, it's going to fail because it's a niche within a niche, and nobody cares enough about Unreal 2 to be willing to deal with you.

On topic, I remember the funny pictures thread having some pretty great stuff. Too bad so many links are down.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
You know nothing. There was an official expansion pack to be made that was to be assembled from the stuff they cut for the final release. The Shian were going to return.

I don't have other people do all the work. The ideas come from me, for instance you and your terrible crediting habits didn't even have me credited for resurgence despite that some of the stuff used in it were my ideas. On the other hand I always credited you. You are the terrible person alca, you are.

I did an awful amount of work on the unreal psx rework but you act like everyone's doing the work for me instead. Sometimes I forget to credit myself even because I find it important to credit other people.

You even claimed npscript was from onp which wasn't the case at all.

EDIT: and if you again claim that my rework is bastardized, I kept having the lead level designer updated about the status, fact is the part im having most difficulty with is the most unfinished part of the game that was rather neglected and some of it wasn't recovered. The design doc clearly stated some of those things and plan for including custom pawns and all that. It is still within the general vision of the project and I am mostly using the new things in sections that were simply not created or in very terrible state of things.

BTW I wasn't even talking about the thread I made asking for model help, lol. I meant something entirely else, something that obviously has dire consequences but time and time shows that the community itself is toxic and you just accuse me of your own misconducts. Like you acussed me of not crediting you, then it turns out you don't credit me. What a big surprise.

But all the time when you see project leaders asking for help who do far less work than I do, it's perfectly fine, rite?

Last edited:

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
You don't have any ideas worth taking, Leo, but that's beside the point, which is that if you didn't keep starting shit, you wouldn't get shit thrown back at you.

Sorry for continuing the derail, guys, that's all I'll be doing.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Lololo

This is so "toxic" that Britney Spears wouldn't even dare to challenge it.

Do you dare to challenge BritneyToxic.unr?

Status
Not open for further replies.