Unreal 95 / 97 Alpha Research

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
A new leak.....

something that was withheld from me since 2011.

Another Unreal prototype, a little disappointing on itself but having something major...it is a 1995 version with the original UnrealED in it

UNED95.rar

This is the original Unreal ED 1995. Scize notified me of some old files appearin in his repository and I came over to check and unpack it.

EDIT:
For completion sake I am uploading/uploaded already a full installer version of this:
UNED95INS.rar

Though this is much bigger archive in size...

I only hope that I got anything left in the quota afterwards...

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
DATASSFORDELACROIX.jpg

Screenshot taken especially for Delacroix in behindview mode (hit C)

95MESHESPart1.rar

The 1995 meshes part 1....the UMA/UMS are acording to the original macro import, the maps are not as those are hacked onto yrex's hack....but with adjusted macros instead...

Well, now you have another file format to the list, UMA and UMS

Also make sure you possess the "Dragon" pawn before doing this, as that one has the mesh assigned....

EDIT:
95MESHESPart2.rar

PART2

EDIT2:
A batchfile for the BIGLEVEL map so you can play it again after using the 95meshes maps:
BIGLEVELbatchfile.rarr

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Ever since I saw the weird posed skaarj model in the second strategy guide for Unreal I bean asking questions where did that model came from. I couldn't find it. Until I realized it is the mysterious A17.3d from january 1996 that works as alternative animation file for the other old skaarj....
Here is with the later 1996 skin:
oldskaarj.jpg

And here I tried to combine it with the data file of the final skaarj.
oldskaarjtest1.jpg

oldskaarjtest2.jpg

However that obviously gives the messed up skaarj from some old test screens, so here it is with the mid 1997 data mesh of Skaarj:
oldskaarjguide.jpg

oldskaarjguidea.jpg

AH MUCH BETTER!

Skaarj1997

Above is the download link for the actual meshes...

That last one is identical to the strategy guide pictured skaarj model! YAY! Finally! The mystery is solved!

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
UVMAPSOLD

The old UV Maps from the late 2011 archive of the recovered james schmalz editor stuff. This was big news back then but now there are new discoveries with it.

I exported the UV maps using yrex's tool. Now skins can be made for the stuff that we didn't have skin of...

EDIT:
uv97special

The UV maps of some special 1997 meshes which had skins missing (except for the skaarj).

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It's a different model. The skins were re-implemented for the new uv mapping that happened during 1997. Before it had two 256x256 skins instead of a single one and it had different animations/lacked the decapitation anim etc.

EDIT:
UVMAPS78
Read the text file!
EDIT2:
UVMAPS0864

The 97 tech demo UV maps...the text file is interesting too.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
YES! YES! YES!

This was a bit tiresome but thanks to yrex's knowledge and tools I was able to put the monsters with meshes into the actual map. Forget about the realwizard/woman/gargoyle maps.

Those I made using importing the meshes using macros using the mesh test template map which was applied on the dragon pawn. So each time it was the dragon pawn but using different mesh.

THIS IS NO LONGER NOW.

BIGLEVELMESHES

This is the meshes being applied on the correct classes and all four are in this level! You can posses them and roam around the level and what's more! The wizard doesn't glitch out and the woman walks around only when you move, there was some realism code done here! This is amazing! It's better than any of those other unreal versions!

Use C for behindview!

This uses the original and proper mesh and meshsprite and teture names just as they were always referenced by the game dlls that were so long a mystery!

Now it's no longer! Of course!

EDIT: September 1995 map with meshes (I imported the tex resources from the 95 sep map directly except for dragon which glitched out shown in a separate version) :
SEPUNRMESHES

The HORSE mesh was also added though only the wings are visible because of the old "meshenviro/whatever" flags not working.

EDIT2:
biglevelm.jpg

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I can't believe this but I accidentaly discovered the very first Krall skin, the DeathAngel skin.....

deathangel

It fits with the old Krall models before 1998 or very late '97 technically...

How do I know the name of Krall was deathangel when it was first created in april 1996?

Because of this:
Code:
   Here is the status of the Intel version of Unreal

-- Content --

* 10 levels: Crashed ship, Sky city level set, Muck castle set, Pyramid set.
  All of the levels exist in some form (some architecturally finished, some
  need design work, all need enemy/pickup placement).

* 7+ enemies: Skaarj, Baby Skaarj, Minotaur Skaarj, DeathAngel, BigMan, Manta, Beholder,
  maybe the alien dragon.  All of the meshes are done.  Most of the animations and
  artwork are done.  Much AI programming remains.

* Lots of special items: Health pickups, armor, shells, bullets, etc.
  Mostly done.

* 6 weapons: QuadShot, AutoMag, Napalm launcher, some fireball shooter, and two
  TBD's (not to be confused with BFG's). Minor work needed on first 4, major work needed
  on remaining 2.

* Music: 5+ songs.  These are done.  More songs would be nice, more variations would
  be nice.  Optional.

* Sound effects for everything.  Major work needed here.

* All levels will need to be played and tweaked carefully once the bulk of the AI work
  is complete.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
LEVELSMeshes.rar
Just finished doing the 1995 december demo levels with meshes/pawns added to them. Now the set is complete. Some have been changed a little with extra rebuild of lighting or added lights etc.

Enjoy.

I've also made a screenshot to demonstrate:
GargEric.png

And here something else:
dragold.png

This is the older dragon mesh that was found, making it the earliest ever and one of earliest meshes created for Unreal dating to late 1994 even! The animation file is missing and this messed the mesh a little but the other dragon animation is the only file I could get...even though this messed up his tail and also his head too (its even worse from the other side).

it's clear the older one had different animations or even had just static bind pose...

One difference is that he's not masked yet in his older version...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That's all amazing really. I want to note that the skin for the alpha male is partly inspired by makemeunreal's one which he made for my unreal psx rework project for the unreal maleone, but this thing by bryan and trevor is actually using the original mesh just skeletally reanimated for ut using the ut skeletons that came with milkshape.

So it's using the original UV maps of those alpha models still...the wizard is particulary interesting and reminds of the xcom alliance content (whatever the hooded enemy was called that appeared in it).

Looking forward to its release.

xBRYAN2000x

Betatester
Jul 2, 2013
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2jqfpyu7wfahzay/UnPlayer-1.zip

A Big Release including Alpha/Beta Characters & Ported Player Models.
includes Source Codes for the .u files

Character Includes
* Duke Nukem 3D (by Triaxis2002)
* Postal Dude Redux (by Triaxis2002)
* Postal 2 Dude (by Triaxis2002)
* Postal 3 Dude (by Triaxis2002)
* Postal Clown (by Triaxis2002)
* UnBeast (by xBRYAN2000x)
* UnExtermin (by xBRYAN2000x)
* UnMale (by xBRYAN2000x)
* UnWizard (by Triaxis2002)
* UnWoman (by Triaxis2002)
* UnWoman95 (Skin by xBRYAN2000x & Mesh by Triaxis2002)
* USkaarj (by xBRYAN2000x)
* Zack Ward (by Triaxis2002) (from the POSTAL Movie)

EDIT : Please delete the file UnWizard.u & UnWizard.int files (it's the outdated & glitch version of the model). Here's the Update for the Wizard

EDIT 2 : Had to update the texture which has the outdated on the files and now it's reuploaded ->> https://www.mediafire.com/?p1633lj9hxaswsj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.