Unreal 95 / 97 Alpha Research

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Since I just received a package of old unreal screenshots/videos and other stuff, I thought of uploading this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yHh35ghbuw

Also, really really old preview shots, earlier than the famous 95 tech demo it seems:
3.rar
It seems it has Gargoyle too. It wasn't dragon then at all, unlike what some thought.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Lool wow, is the Gargoyle the grey winged demon? It really looks like the Crypt.utx demon.
If the Warlord was supposed to be its final version, then it undergone some serious changes then.

ALSO that Nyleve in the video. It looked amazing.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Lool wow, is the Gargoyle the grey winged demon? It really looks like the Crypt.utx demon.
If the Warlord was supposed to be its final version, then it undergone some serious changes then.

ALSO that Nyleve in the video. It looked amazing.
Yeah it seems it is Gargoyle.

That's actually how I remember nyleve to be more like, when I played the beta back in 98, although it was a bit different build obviously. But it also reminds the E1L1 from upsx.

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
That pictures are interesting. In that video Na Pali is called Griffin and Sliths are called a variety of the Skaarjs.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Na Pali was supposed to be called Gryphon; it was already known before, even mentioned in Deja Vu. Na Pali was something else (moons? no idea).

And the Slith are supposed to be cousins of the Skaarj.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
2qipjep.jpg

in4ugk.jpg

:D

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw can someone mention at the UnrealSP thread that I recovered that beta stuff? Nobody mentioned that lol. But I am hoping more will come out, however I got the editor in the 97 beta demo work, together with Gizzy's help and input. I have found out that the UNR stored the unrealscript code, myleveled, that is if you used some actor in a map it would get automatically myleved. But the editor required the source file called unreal.ucx, it contained all the script classes, but I don't have that file, yet that is. I hex edited the map file and renamed to unreal.ucx and now the editor works, but it only has the classes that were used in the FRED.UNR.

However you can't extract the textures beacsue it doesn't give you the field for naming the texture, I guess the only way is to use command instead.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Exported skaarj skin, it is in two files instead of one.
skaarjskin.rar

Look at that. Also has txt file which includes the command form needed to export.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Wow, that looks great. Thanks for working on this! :)

Shame it won't work for the final Skaarj model, though.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I could change the final model's uvw maps to work with those two textures.
That would be great if you did, or if someone applied it on the mesh and then exported it as one skin, in the same way of normal Skaarj skin.

I beleive Turboman would be able to do that too, to make the one skin out of it. Can anyone ask him for that?
EDIT:
Exported rest of skins, tried to export meshes but it crashed the editor. Maybe I did it wrong though.

betaskins1.rar

EDIT2: Btw the Woman2 skin has the red skin variant part of the dragon skin and dragon2 has another variant of woman's legs, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.