I just wet myself

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Based on what I know, next to none on console support. Also seems it won't be something pushed off on the community.

Makes sense. Epic isn't going to attach the UT name to just anything. It does seem that it will be Unreal Engine 4 community related, but we're jumping to too big of a conclusion saying the community does all the work. There are certainly ways for them to make a full professional game, and still let the community participate through the Unreal Engine 4 community.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Um but what if all this isn't about new UT game? What if it simply meant what it meant, a future for the old Unreal Tournament, I mean they reinstated the master server. What if there's something more.
What if we are all just a bunch of fools now.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
What on earth for? Is EPIC scraping the bottom of the barrel? I think not.

I was kidding actually, but it can be a viable option.

But hey, it's all conjecture and rumor until we get the actual word.

I'm beyond excited :D

You can tell me. I'll even sign an NDA. I won't tell a soul, as all those others suckers can bite me.

Last edited:

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
If it was to be a real UT game, I guess they would probably be looking at a UT2003/04 sequel this time. UT3 was an attempt to return to original UT values - a successful attempt in many regards - but was widely rejected. I wouldn't think they'd try that again, although they are teasing with classic UT elements...

I want another UT2003 so bad, a solid UT game as technologically progressive as that game was on release.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
hearing things from an Epic employee doesn't exactly fill me with excitement.

Where's the demo? Where's the game? Where's anything?

It's just a bunch of non-information.

mark rein is a front man.

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
hearing things from an Epic employee doesn't exactly fill me with excitement.

Where's the demo? Where's the game? Where's anything?

It's just a bunch of non-information.

mark rein is a front man.

Yep...its all a lie. Nothing is coming. On the 8th, Mark will post a big twitter razz and then watch TV.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yep...its all a lie. Nothing is coming. On the 8th, Mark will post a big twitter razz and then watch TV.
My guess is that on May 8th they will announce that in at least two weeks they will announce something.

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
My guess is that on May 8th they will announce that in at least two weeks they will announce something.

That had better not happen. I don't want to be getting up at 6am (if my calculations are correct) to watch this live stream for nothing.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
When UE4 was announced there was multiple groups talking about a spiritual successor. My bet is they are setting up a UE4 project and giving it to the community to make with full permission to import assets from previous games. I guess I need to get my UE4 subscription now.

I'm pretty sure a few years back they updated the EULA to allow modders to import old textures etc from previous games.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yes, the stuff in Unreal games(even betas apparently) can be freely used within Unreal engine games. I remember Flak telling me about that.