MapVoteX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok, I had a look at Cratos's Dynamic Loader and that works totally different to what we are doing, it's another ball game.
That Mod works outside, in other words standalone.
That mod looks for when a level changes, the dynamically loads the package or actor and starts it up.
It does write it to the ini file but does not use it.
We cannot do that because we are inside the mod, so its a different ball game altogether.
We don't Dynamic load anything, we don't have to because we in in the game.
The only thing we dynamic load is the server logo and sound because that is outside the mod.
I think you have this word 'Dynamic' fixed in your brain without understanding what it actually does :)
The same as SmartDM, it dynamically loads the Scoreboard because it is outside the game.

Regarding the UWindows.
Here we are very lucky and gratefull to DrSin.
UT never catered for it's mods and mutators to have access to the UWindows.
DrSin and Mongo wrote the WRI (Windows Replication Info) for us modders to be able to have access to the UWindows etc.
This WRI is pretty limited in UT so doing other things besides a form/menu is not possible.
We really expected EpicGames to introduce a WRI for us in patch 436 but they did not.

Regarding anything to do with IpCountry flags etc, one would have to work directly on an outside server so you can test the code as you go along.
What you asking is possible but in my case I cannot get the IPCountry to work on either of my servers so trying to write a mod that I cannot test is a useless exercise.

The best way to do this is show the country abbreviated to 3 or 4 letters below the flag in SmartDM where the word Bot is atm for the Bots.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
I think actually Medor said that the DynamicActors mod , the other one.. works with MapVoteX..

must give that a try .. appreciate your efforts though.. sorry to be a time waster.. :\

ServerPackages it is I guess .. o_o

I'll see if I can get DPA to work.. not sure how that will work with the whole custom game thing although.. be interesting..

also thanks for the info on the uWindows :0

IPTocountry .. yeah very weird that you cant get it to work..

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
re: iptocountry if you got most servers and type "mutate iptocountry" you can see what countries ppl are from.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok I got to go out and only be back in about 10 - 20 hours so I put a rush job together here for you to check out.
It looks like I have got the ServerActors working as I now write to the ini about 1 second before changeover, then quickly save the server.ini file before ut gets a chance to overwrite me which I think was the problem.
Anyway I have put in 2 options and suggest you play with the Serverpackages first.

bSetServerPackages=False
bSetServerActors=False

Thers is also the:

[MapVoteX101k.MapVoteClientIntro]
bTransparent=True
ServerLogoName=
ServerSoundName=

Also 30 of: (not tested at all) (not in ini either I don't think but will create itself)
CustomServerName[0]=(bEnabled=False,ServerName="")

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/beta/mvx101k.zip

I will put together a better beta tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
nice work :)

I will test ASAP..

have a good break mate you really are a legend.

very very much appreciated

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
I will be honest here.. for me running servers 24/7 for 8 years and it's been Really Hard.. to say the least.. finding the money to keep them going continuously has taken its toll on myself and family 'Many Many Many Late Nights...

:lol:

By default I would recommend you put a link to your paypal as Like I said I would like to Donate for all the hard work you have done in this UTcmds and smartDM. However if you are "not kean" to do so then no worries (understand).
Me me, donate something to me too for SmartDM sake :p
Anyway its taken me like hours to write up this one.
*Added to this.. if you would like a professional website built I would be
happy to do so , My Websites are very powerful and feature rich , also idk the word 'Snazzy?' you will be amazed with what you can do
with my work.. normally I charge between $1500-$4000 for Website development.. for you my friend. FREE. it will be fully dynamic and work on all current devices (Responsive) as well as allow you to easily add content / track stats / so what ever you need to. even sell products / services.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks for not kicking me out earlier.. I really do appreciate that and what you have done
:)

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
One final consideration for the following please
==============================

Please don't Cringe...
read.gif
Yikes!

Welcome Splash Tab.. and Server Advertising Window.

custom_splash_screen.gif

This is for mainly Advertising for Admin's and for us with MapVoteX as by Default
we will have our own Embedded Images rotating on the "Welcome Tab Page" ^above.

Then Allowing Admins the option to either not load it by Default.. (Opens Voting Window instead)
or Change it to their own Customisable Visual (EyeCandy) Ability makes this valuable RealEstate for MapVoteX and increases it's "WE NEED THIS!".. Factor to about 9999%.. IMHO.

Admins will be able to Advertise Websites/Servers/Tournaments/Top Players and more through The MapVote itself. the Requirements for the logo will be 256*256*256 either Static or Animated.. This will be Detailed in Videos and Readme. Which I can/will provide. (have lined up my candles
download.gif
)

*Another Important 'feature' for Administrators would be the following [4+1 Buttons] on SplashPage;

[Website] [Forums] [Contact] [Donate]
[ VOTE ]

Code:
[B]WebsiteURL=[/B][url]http://www.proasm.com[/url]
[B]ForumURL=[/B]
[B]ContactURL=mailto://Proasm@gamil.com?Subject=MapVoteX[/B]
[B]DonateURL=http://www.paypal.com/ProASM/donate.php [/B]
re: [Donate] This one is very important because it costs Admins $20-$50 Month (on the cheap scale VPS) or $100-$300 (For Dedicated Servers) , People are willing to chip-in 'here and there' providing you make it Super Easy for them.. ie; a button in the actual MapVote SplashScreen makes it more likely they will donate and help keep the "Servers up Longer"...

I will be honest here.. for me running servers 24/7 for 8 years and it's been Really Hard.. to say the least.. finding the money to keep them going continuously has taken its toll on myself and family 'Many Many Many Late Nights...

Many are willing to help , but honestly .. its the 'players' who are 'Dumb' sometimes.. *shakes head* they find it 'Hard' going to a website and 'Registering' for starters.. let alone visit at all..

By default I would recommend you put a link to your paypal as Like I said I would like to Donate for all the hard work you have done in this UTcmds and smartDM. However if you are "not kean" to do so then no worries (understand). ~ leave it blank (Button Vanishes uWindows Magic :lol:)

Under these buttons have a [long vote button] which just switches Tab's to [main map-voting tab] so players can then vote ..

Note: if any of the Buttons variables="(empty)" then hide them from the Splash
Screen ;) ie; DonateURL="" ~ Don't show it on Splash Page :p some fancy uWindows
stuff goes here [-=#=-] ^_^

Code:
[B]bSplashPageDefault=False[/B]
[COLOR="Green"]; if set to false then 'show main vote tab' also Autoload "main vote tab" on open.
; still have welcome screen on separate tab and/or offer the following option[/COLOR]
[B]bHideWelcomeTab=True[/B] - Perhaps.
[B]CustomSplashImage=package.frame[/B]
[COLOR="Green"];Can be Static or Animated upto Admin , if ="" then display embedded one (we make)
;bHideMainTab=True
; Maybe better internally calculated based on the following rules-
; if bSplashPageDefault=True then Hide [Main Vote tab] 
; would force players to click the [Long Vote Button] to get to the Voting Screen
; Admins could Utilize the vote timer here to stay open longer. 50secs - 120secs
recommended.[/COLOR]

I know this is a HUGE ASK.. But HONESTLY with all my heart I believe that this
feature alone would "Blow Everyone Away.. Including myself."
I understand that you're not to kean on the idea.. But please Believe me , you
will be amazed by the feedback you will get for just "This one Feature" alone.

on top of all the other features that you have meticulously incorporated this
could potentially be a lotto ticket in itself. Actually I would Embed another
donate button into the [info] tab just for you. (please do I will be the first to use it!)

Anyway its taken me like hours to write up this one.. But I feel that it is
important and relevant to;

MVXlogo.png

^ will make a new Shiny Silver One.. and also Custom ServerSplash Logo as Well.
^ will Make ACE/Pure/SmartCTF/Etc Look Bland in Comparison.. ;)
Also need the Option please;

bMapVoteSplash=False
; Prolly for Admins who Run tournaments and stuff.. someone's always gonna complain.. the least we give them to complain about the better.

if this all works nicely without a Hitch .. I will stringently test it online.
Then get to work and do the ReadMe / Videos and if she goes well the readme will
be a Fully detailed MapVoteX.PDF with logo's and everything. (few days work there)
But well worth it!!.. the Logo's and Everything we can work on together
because I want them to be Sharp as nails and impressive..
Iam already thinking of a cool animated logo for the mapvotes Splash on the Main HUD.

in any case.. I leave it in your mind/hands.. As always , you have the ACE Card

thank you very much for everything you have put into these projects.. The Feedback
I have received has been Fantastic.. Still not one Gripe about the New Style.

Best Regards and Thanks for Everything.. including your Patience..
these projects have been a pleasure to work on with you.. thanks for not kicking me out earlier..
I really do appreciate that and what you have done.

AMAZING!. you have lived up-to your Name Mr ProASM..
hi.gif

the only other thing I could even come up with I think already mentioned was using that Splashlogo Class for all 30 Gametypes.

Code:
[B][MapVoteX101k.MapVoteClientIntro][/B]
GameSplash[0]=(bEnabled=True,bTransparent=True,ServerLogoName="MapVoteX.WelcomeLogo",ServerSoundName="MapVoteX.WelcomeSound"
GameSplash[1]=(bEnabled=False,bTransparent=True,ServerLogoName="",ServerSoundName=""
GameSplash[2]=(bEnabled=False,bTransparent=True,ServerLogoName="",ServerSoundName=""
GameSplash[29]=(bEnabled=False,bTransparent=True,ServerLogoName="",ServerSoundName=""

Instead of just the one;

Code:
[B][MapVoteX101k.MapVoteClientIntro][/B]
bTransparent=True
ServerLogoName=
ServerSoundName=

*In saying all this.... if you would like a professional website built I would be honored to do so , My Websites are very powerful and feature rich , also idk the word 'Snazzy?' you will be amazed with what you can do
with my work.. normally I charge between $1500-$4000 for Website development.. for you my friend. FREE. it will be fully dynamic and work on all current devices (Responsive) as well as allow you to easily add content / track stats / so what ever you need to. even sell products / services.

The least I can do .. + a Bottle or 2 of GlenFiddick on top.

BTW my only 'Gripe' with this whole thing atm is the fact that I think Iam going to run out of 'Gametypes' :\ lol @ Myself , Mr.. 50 GameTypes Fella
idk... I just really want to keep this game alive for as long as possible.. and show people that you can have 1001 mods/GameTypes and run a successful server.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Wuwz-d1Z0[/m]

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
mda.gif
Welcome Back Tosser..

Been wondering where you been hiding.. BTW..

Even as it is.. this thing will piss all over your SmartCrap and Cheaky Grins..

Also.. Your }IN{dian Friends need someone like you to build them a server...
parting.gif

punish2.gif

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Nice to have all the friendly and loving family together again :D

Just a couple of things here.

You got your Menu advertising logos, animations or whatever you like in a Welcome Menu.
Just a few drawbacks here.
a) There is no transparency option clientside
b) The text or textures will all be stretched over the menu size, no option on that.
c) The textures will not be transparent, no control on that.
d) I'm having a problem with the URL's to the website/forum etc.
e) It's the same with Button labels/names
The information cannot get from the server to the client fast enough to set these things up.
The menu is actually drawn long before this information gets there.
I'll continue prodding along on this but we may have to forfeit the website/forum URL idea.

Regarding a pro website for me.
Thanks for the offer but problem is if someone else does it I will never be able to change it and add things to it because all I know in html a little.
I tried C# and php, javascript and all that stuff but could never get the hang of it.
So thanks a lot but no thanks, this way I keep control even if it is an old skool website as all it needs to do is give url's to downloads :)

Are you serious about 30 different logon logos/sounds........

Hell, at this rate one is going to need a 1 gig connection and a terrabyte hard drive to log onto your server, not to mention a case of beer and a waiting room :D

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok I have won with the website url in the menu but had to 'hack' it.
Because buttons and basically all the stuff gets drawn and placed long before anything gets there I had to do a trick here and piggy back the Admin so to speak as that is also a very important item to get the Admin tab to open.
Problem is I can only hack one url and no more and even that only makes it 95% of the time.
Players with pings over 300 will probably not receive the url.
I have set the default url (as it cannot be blank) to http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102

So all the things you want like Contact, Donate, Forum you will have to make a small website with all those buttons on and just have the one website button in UT to send you there.
That's about the best I can do right now.
When a player clicks the 'Website' button, his game will switch to Windowed mode, and the website will open in his default browser.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Nice to have all the friendly and loving family together again :D
... nah just the kids have come back :lol:

You got your Menu advertising logos, animations or whatever you like in a Welcome Menu.
Big Thanks 10,000x I will Design up the animated Advert for MapVoteX today hopefully.. with about 4-5 Rotating images..

Wondering shall we Have the Actual 'MapVoteX' Logo above the Image or inserted into the 256x256x256 image window?
So .. where the Yellow MVX Title is replace that with MapVoteX Logo and if/when Admin's to their Advertising.. Ours is also there at the top?
Thoughts?

Just a few drawbacks here.
a) There is no transparency option clientside
b) The text or textures will all be stretched over the menu size, no option on that.
c) The textures will not be transparent, no control on that.
^ No Problem in fact no need for Transparency thats fine.. All I need is the Actual Window Height/Width.. and Proportion the image accordingly to Fit somehow.. anyway minor obstacle.

d) I'm having a problem with the URL's to the website/forum etc.
e) It's the same with Button labels/names
The information cannot get from the server to the client fast enough to set these things up.
The menu is actually drawn long before this information gets there.
^ have a look at my Sendto mod here: http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=Admin/&file=SendTo_v07c.zip

This is used on alot if/not all Major Server's currently.. and has a lot of Features.. to do with this.. it works fast regardless of ping..

- if clients can type !website clientside and it comes up instantly.. then we need to just link perhaps this !website to the buttons.

- not sure about "Custom Button Names.." but they could maybe jump on the same Train as the Maps/GameTypes to the Client... alternatively we just have the 4+1 Fixed Buttons ...

I'll continue prodding along on this but we may have to forfeit the website/forum URL idea.
Don't Give up just yet Mate :D ... "Where there's a Will , there's a Way"

Regarding a pro website for me.
Thanks for the offer but problem is if someone else does it I will never be able to change it and add things to it because all I know in html a little.
I tried C# and php, javascript and all that stuff but could never get the hang of it.
^ don't you worry about a thing.. My websites are 100% Dynamic and very very easy to use.. I will teach you 10years of Experience in max 1-2 hours.. I will show you endless possibilities and shoe you how to not only use it.. but build your own Websites in less then 30minutes with Mysql Databases , User Accounts , Emails , More... after we've finished with this mod (or during) I will setup a play site for you.. afterwards when you have a moment we can do some RC.. or I will just do some clips and Show you how to do the basics..

^ I'll teach an "Old Dog ~ Not only NEW tricks" , but Open up a whole new world that you always knew existed but could never get your head around.

I have 10 Years Experience in this field.. Alone. And rather then "just give you a website" , "I will show you how to make one in less then 30 minutes"

So thanks a lot but no thanks, this way I keep control even if it is an old skool website as all it needs to do is give url's to downloads :)
^ This stuff is very easy through the system that I will teach you.. also it will have the ability to count downloads , you will be able to setup groups of users and only give them access to certain parts of the site as well as downloads.. and much more.

the User ACL system I use caters for unlimited groups and an entire consortium of things that call all be easily done online via a back interface.

right down to 1 click backups and explorer like file-managers , and word like editors for your Latest Articles etc. I will teach you some more Photoshop Basics.. or Paint.net / Jasc GRR.. stuff. mainly optimisation of images for use on the web and any future mods you may make.

Are you serious about 30 different logon logos/sounds........

- Absolutely , that splash logo post @ UA.. I referred you to was exactly this but on a lesser scale 16 custom logo's/Sounds due to MVLA13's Max Custom GameTypes.. This way if admins choose to have say 3 CustomGameTypes..
then they also "Could have" 3 custom Logo's , one for each.. and Optional as well 3 Custom Sounds..

Hell, at this rate one is going to need a 1 gig connection and a terrabyte hard drive to log onto your server, not to mention a case of beer and a waiting room :D

- LMAO... perhaps now you can see why I have been Pushing so hard for the DPAL system?.. Only send whats relevant.. or.. the Whole 1GB ^_^

there are ways to do this... and I will detail these in the readme tutorials as well.. for example;

ServerPackages=Mylogos
ServerPackages=MySound or MySounds

Mylogos = 1-3mb and contains 30 logo images named image1-image30
; in the customlogo config the admin only needs to do the following..

CustomLogo[0]="Mylogos.image1"
CustomLogo[1]="Mylogos.image2"
etc..

^ 1 Package , 30 Images ;) or.. 30 individual images loaded via D-PAL.

CustomSound=MySounds.sound1
CustomSound=MySounds.sound2

or 30 Individual Sounds loaded through D-PAL..

:D

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The window size is actually 395 x 340 so a 256 x 256 texture will stretch nicely.

Do not worry about a MapVoteX animation or menu logo as I will have a Gamezone job on my site.
Having a special Mapvote job means an extra utx file to lug around and most admin with leave it out.
This advertising on the menu is dynamically loaded from the client using a .utx
There is no way in hell we could send a pic of this magnitude down the train as your server would just hang solid.
I have also changed my info MapVoteX screen logo to the one you made and its pretty cool now :)

- not sure about "Custom Button Names.." but they could maybe jump on the same Train as the Maps/GameTypes to the Client... alternatively we just have the 4+1 Fixed Buttons ...
This is the problem I mentioned above.
The buttons and stuff are drawn on creation so at that point is where the Names and URL's are needed and they don't get there fast enough.
You can update them like we do wit mapnames and stuff as that is a list which allows updating.
The buttons and URL's need to get their instantly and the train is way too slow.

mvxm1.jpg

mvxm2.jpg

;)

Gnite.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Just noticed what you said about the Image in the Splash Screen.

so it spans the entire window space?

thats cool :)

whats the width / height of the window?

also.. re: buttons..

if it's easier , would this work?

have the four buttons named [Website][Forum][Contact][donate] in the Splash Window.
we could even hide them all by Default :) on the clients.

in the MapVoteX.ini on the server have.. 4 Settings..

Code:
WebsiteURL=http://www.proasm.com
ForumURL=
ContactURL=mailto://proasm@gmail.com
DonateURL=(your link if you want)

^ Because only [Website] & [Contact] details are filled in.. Only those 2 Buttons show on splash Screen.

The Others hopefully can be hidden by uWindow Magic.

Under these Buttons of Course

.. Big [ Vote ] Button :D

Now when these buttons are clicked it just executes a !cmd.. which tells the server to goto the relevant URL etc.

Meanderthal the coder for Sendto has some pretty complex ways of achieving this.. perhaps for security reasons I guess..

also.. if that is a possibility add the following cmds to the MapvoteX as well..

Code:
[B]bEnableButtonCmds=True [/B]
[COLOR="Green"]; need this because may conflict with SendTo Mod[/COLOR]
!website
!forum
!contact
^ bHidden=true/false? for contacting Admin's perhaps?
!donate
if you need more buttons for the splash window another good one is [countries] = "mutate iptocountry" and or !wherefrom or !countries or something lol , 1 day does not go by without players asking.. where is everyone from .. ?.. that would shut these ppl up hopefully..

now i really like the way You've got the mod to minimize UT if/when players click on the
buttons.. this is something Sendto Lacks and it's frustrating to have to explain to players to press alt+enter to go into window mode.

Iam wondering , could you have somewhere simple !window , !fullscreen cmd's for players to Switch easily ?

Something outside of this which Iam working on is the ZRangeHack=True/False.. setting for GlobalUnreal. how could I make a !fixweapons mod which updates the setting for ZrangeHack (toggle) in the clients unrealtournament.ini?.. I doubt hat timtim will ever get it resolved.. and get sick of players asking why weapons are missing

thoughts on doing this?.. i know the usual BS.. but if they type the 'cmd' then hey it works doesn't it.

is a minor setting in OpenGL which is tricky to do for average Joe.D.P.. !fixweapons or !weaponfix be way better..

this brings me to another.. thing instructions for players..
in the 'info tab' if we have a [more info] button.. which in the MVX.ini MoreInfoURL=http://www.proasm.com/MapVoteX/Players.html

^ then I have more ability to better explain to them the 'players' through the website then advertising every 20 seconds ingame which gets monotonous.. severadds don't really work in game.. when playing.

I think I covered most things.. hopefully..

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Fisrt off, regarding the buttons on the splash menu, the client does not send the url to the server.
The server has no interest in the clients problems.
If we told the server to goto a url, it would close the game down, kick everyone off and send everyone to the same website that a particular player wanted :)
No, we don't want to do that.
The client must go directly to the website/forum or where ever and not interfere with the game.
Oh and btw, sending a ! command from a menu is dangerous, also a Mutate command is 10 times faster, and 100% safe if you do it properly.
All map/game votes, admin stuff is currently sent on mutate commands preceded with a special security code.
! commands might be easy for the player but they are useless for coding and other stuff.

Just noticed what you said about the Image in the Splash Screen.
so it spans the entire window space?
Yes that is correct, it spans the whole window.

whats the width / height of the window?
As I said in above post: 400 x 340 so you have to use a 256 x 256

have the four buttons named [Website][Forum][Contact][donate] in the Splash Window.
we could even hide them all by Default on the clients.
That's what I have done, if the URL does not reach the client, the button remains invisible.
Currently there is only a Website button as like I said we have problems in sending the url's

Big [ Vote ] Button
What do you want a vote button for here in the splash screen, what you voting for ?

Now when these buttons are clicked it just executes a !cmd.. which tells the server to goto the relevant URL etc.
No, no, no, ! commands are for wankers, pro's use Mutate, they are secure and invisible and get to the server 10 times faster.
SAY commands and messages has the lowest replication priority in the whole game.
If they don't make it to the server, nothing is lost :)

if you need more buttons for the splash window another good one is [countries] = "mutate iptocountry"
I'll think about that one, which means MapVoteX will have to dynamically detect if IpCountry is running and if not make the button invisible.
On the other hand it is a pointeless exercise as 90% of server do not use IpCountry.
The problem with having buttons invisible/visible, depending etc, is they are now scattered and not in any nice order and that looks immature and very unprofessional and the more I think about it the more I see only on button on the menu splash, 'Website' period.

now i really like the way You've got the mod to minimize UT if/when players click on the buttons..
LOL, I take no credit here.
It depends on your graphic card and how it is setup.
I use a nVidia GT520 and it does that for me :)

and get sick of players asking why weapons are missing
This is not the mods fault, it is something that the UT code does for some reason.
With ZPBasicWeaponsAddOnV210.SniperArena, often the Rifles are missing.
You log off, log back on and you don't start with a rifle but there are some lying around.
Sometimes, everything is there.
I have a similar problem with my Jopack utility, sometimes some weapons are missing.

this brings me to another.. thing instructions for players..
in the 'info tab' if we have a [more info] button.. which in the MVX.ini MoreInfoURL=http://www.proasm.com/MapVoteX/Players.html
Again, more buttons, more urls, more possible invisible buttons.
As I said before the train to the client is far far too slow for button information to get their on time to create the botton.
We will be lucky if only one button is visible, the Wesite button as that url I hack through the Admin route and it only has room for 1 item.

And 1 more thing I want to add.
Reading through your posts, I think you somehow want a client to open a certain menu or something, I may be wrong but anyways this is not possible.
The Maps,Info,Admin,Welcome are not windows, it is all 1 window with tabs and you cannot go direct to a tab, there is no way.
Also the tabs are created long before any information gets there, that's why earlier versions the Admin info went via the train so the Admin window (tab) only opened randomly.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Well firstly , let me say this..

It's taken me all day to setup.. literally *whew* what a ride.

and the DPAL works flawlessly.. boy is that some peace of work..

16 GameTypes about 110 ServerPackages/Actors (combined) all in Sync and working beautifully.. !!

Only thing that don't work is this;

CustomServerName[0]="Change my Server name"

something up with it perhaps or is there a hidden bEnableCustomName=true somewhere?

Server Name stays the same.. either way.

in respect to the Tab's and beng able to auto switch to the correct none.. IC very very basic interaction with these uWindows , so guessing that it opens the "Splash Screen" because it's the last one in the list or?.. thinking about it .. before it loaded the vote tab by default. on open?? not sure how that works

anyways.. perhaps reorder them like so?

[Welcome] > [Vote] > [Info] ?

Fisrt off, regarding the buttons on the splash menu, the client does not send the url to the server.

yes this was a typ0 on my part .. and was incidental , theres a couple in last post .. just been really busy today trying to make sure I set this thing up correctly.

and boy does she hum along ... it is amazing.

only select packages are sent to client pertaining to the Currently selected GameType.. and the System works Beautifully :D

A+++++ (you topped that class Dude) 100%

the [vote] button was supposed to be used to switch from the splash screen which had the buttons above (see screen shot ^^^) to the [vote] tab .. but you have explained already that this can't be done so no worries.

you really do understand this Engine Well.

No, no, no, ! commands are for wankers, pro's use Mutate, they are secure and invisible and get to the server 10 times faster.
SAY commands and messages has the lowest replication priority in the whole game.
If they don't make it to the server, nothing is lost

:lol:

theres a lot of Wankers in that case on our servers lmao... one of them in this forum actually .. jokes ;)

not you BTW.. cracking up.

interesting.. I ping in at 260-280 to our servers , never had a problem.. and is an easy way for 'wankers' :lol: to do things quicker then typing into the console..

in such cases it's a shame that !cmds can;t be converted to mutate cmds before being sent to the server...

This is not the mods fault, it is something that the UT code does for some reason.

hmm , with GlobalUnreal mod , it conflicts with Zrangehack=true in the ut.ini under the
[openGL.Renderer]

what I want to do here is have a basic 'mutate fixweapons' cmd which then changes the value for 'ZrangeHack=False' in the clients.ini , allowing their weapons to not appear weird.

most old/new players that come in immediately think that the guns are broke.. I play with hidden Weapon so don't affect me.. but does others who like to see their guns in action and have the deemer fill their screens etc.

I'll think about that one, which means MapVoteX will have to dynamically detect if IpCountry is running and if not make the button invisible.
On the other hand it is a pointeless exercise as 90% of server do not use IpCountry.

you got this around the wrong way.. 10% don't 90% do..
just not all server's have ... Scoreboards and/or dissable the flags from showing.
iptocountry is a very very very popular mod.. and is used for all security mods as well.

therefore even having that [button] would be advantageous I think...

Again, more buttons, more urls, more possible invisible buttons.
As I said before the train to the client is far far too slow for button information to get their on time to create the botton.
We will be lucky if only one button is visible, the Wesite button as that url I hack through the Admin route and it only has room for 1 item.
interesting.. I'm not getting it obviously :lol:..

so [buttons] can't be converted into Mutate cmd's clientside?

this thing rocks.. I will start the tutorials tomorrow.

wicked job!!

look forwards to the next beta..

with the extra bits n bob's..

also your default splash page looks good.. you getting good at this 'EyeCandy' Stuff :D

Understandstand what you are saying in respect to the buttons.. I thought maybe they had some way of being grouped / centered .. Together , so if one's missing (invisible) then the next one pulls into the first and so forth.. with some kind of spacing between.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
regardign the [buttons] on the splash screen I think generally all will be used and can they not be fixed.. and sent to client?

by fixed i mean fixed names [website] <skip forums use Website> [contact] at least.

then we could probably setup various links for the website for donations and stuff. like : www.website/donations.php or something..

in respect to all the advanced stuff in the .ini (no way of hiding that?)
like default.ini comes up with only basic stuff.
then if they set bAdvanced=True the rest pops up?

nm maybe too much mucking around..

anyways.. she's pretty much all there.. aside from the custom logo's/sounds.. and servername change each gametype she's Rocking man .. already got ppl on there..

and... I installed my SLV with it's 10mb's of downloads all separate from other GameTypes.. honestly !!!

This is a MasterPeace!!

Legend.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Another interestign revelation Ive discovered is that you can have odd sized logo's I think as long as to the power of '8'

for example you can import into UED 128x64 :)

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
anways if youre happy with it and ready to go .. do some cleanups and optimizations to the code and such.. and get ready for launch soon :)

I think .. maybe even as soon as a week.. depends on weather you come across any more problems..

?

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ohh and re: the animated Splash screen I was talking about.. for the mod.

what I was meaning is that I make up 2-3 256x256px .pcx's with the advertising on them like in screen shot.. but slower delay between each .. and we embed the .pcx's into the mod.. kinda marketing / advertising stuff .. :D for MapVoteX

being able to change that is going to be wicked.

I won't be shy to send through a .utx with 4-5 pages in it to the clients lol.. , can see it now.. is going to be Wicked.. just looking for a certain sound pack now for the startup to go with the logo's :)

actually ...

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
tested the size for the .pcx's they would be about <20kb in size each.. so rufly 60kb added to size of mod.. (nothing).. could even go 5 pages 100kb and not dent a server's rep or the mod's.. (not sure what the compressed size will be prolly even smaller) - all depends on the engines Alo.. for .pcx compression.. and seeming as most of the images will be just text on a background (black) it could maybe reduce them down to a pathetic 5-8kbs.

however I leave this upto you ..

what you'd need to do is embed the .pcx's and set a timer.. to change them every 2-3 sec's or something.. maybe set that controller in the .ini .. idk..

as for us we can let the .utx control the timedelay I assume..

Last edited: