MapVoteX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Hell this MapVoteLA is crazy or I'm doing something wrong.
Today and I spent a lot of time with another player on our server testing out MapVoteX, BDBMapVote3 and MapVotLA13 with all the same results which I do not agree with!

If there are more than 2 players on the server then all seems ok.
However, with only 2 players, and it even happens in mid game or anywhere in the game, in that if there are only 2 players, and one player makes a vote.
If the second player makes a vote any vote except the vote the 1st player made, the mod randomly selects one of the maps and it wins........ that sucks!

Especially mid game, the voting session should just timeout if a conses cannot be reached, surely, or am I missing something.
Well that's what I'm gonna do to MapVoteX ?

Anyway's I've fixed all the little bugs now, like it displays the number of votes in the right column now, it selects the correct game when you click on the voted game, it shows the Current game always as the top game in the list and it's highlighted yellow on green although the pic looks blue but it's a dark green.
If you try and vote for the current game it warns you.

I'm just busy altering this mid game voting bullsh*t then I'll have another beta ready :)

mvx2.jpg

sparK^

Aug 16, 2013
Hi all, my user on UA its ||sT||slash-, well, about your mapvoteX i have to say its an AWESOME mapvote mate! i like a lot, but i think, wises tell u something about it, it will be better if when u clic on a GameName automatic appears their maplist, and when u clic another gamename, automatic appears the respective maplist, i like more if they do that :p

about this, i test the MapvoteX101c and i find a bug, i test it on CTF, when each team have same flags like 1-1 or 5-5 then the time its end, the mapvote automatic open, no have the OverTime control, i think it will be better if u put an option in the MapvoteX.ini like bEnableOvertimeControl:True, because sometimes the teams are very very good, and whant to end the game with 1 team winner, and this its a several problem, because when its on overtime, the players are forced to vote and they can't end the game with a winner team.

Ps: sorry for my bad english lol i try my best, im a latin player, wises know me :p

sparK^

Aug 16, 2013
î have some servers and i can help to test some mutators, sure, if u want :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Hi, welcome aboard ;)

Don't worry about your English, it is 100% better than my Latin etc :)

The reason I made this mapvote is because MapVoteLA13 causes very big lag on distant servers and the reason for that is because it sends so many maps and stuff to the client so he can choose 4 games.

MapVoteX is fast, very fast and I want to keep it like that.
If I now send all games maps to client for 30 or so games, then it will lag like LA13 and sending the maps on demand as Wises suggests just does not work.

MapVoteX is designed for Admin who currently do not have any Mapvote or maybe BDBMapVote3, because with MapVoteX you at least have the option to switch to 29 other games, even if they have a default map to start the game.

I will see what I can do about the bEnableOvertimeControl in a vote :)

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
MVLA13 Don't lag for me .. and I ping in at >280ms to our server's
only time it does lag for all player's .. is if I do a mid game update.. [reload maps]
that is the only time.

Not sure why Trains can't be sent 'on_select' of 'GameTypes' but if you say they can't then..

Regarding the OverTimeVariable.. yes needed...

also somewhere perhaps a DefaultMutators=

then that takes it away from the Startup.bat file and into the MapVote.
therefore the mapvote has full control over what loads.

as for the 2 player's vote and random map get's loaded.. never seen that before.. is that a bug with MVX cause I don't have that problem with MPVLA13.
if I vote deck and he votes virdian.. then the mapvote randomly selects one of them.. deck||viridian not curse :)

however , if no one vote's then it autoselects after the timer elapses.. what ever map from it's list of played maps.

Last edited:

sparK^

Aug 16, 2013
so, its imposible to load automaticaly the maplist of the diferents gamenames? :C, and mapvoteLA13 dont lag, only lags when the server has a very lot of maps i mean, now i only play with 256mb RAM - 640x480 and the mapvoteX its perfect for all res, because on the mapvoteLA13 cant see all the mapvote nice for that ;), about the 1v1 when 1 player vote i test that with more players and its true, the first pick its not in the random only the 2nd and others and the 1 wins :(

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
With MVLA13, there must be only 2 players on the server.
During the game, not game end:
Player 1 votes for say Deck16][
Player 2 votes for say Morpheus

The game immediately chooses one of those 2 maps (randomly) and switches.
That is wrong.

Guys don't get me wrong but MapVoteX will not have seperate maps for all the game types, if you don't like that then use MVLA13.
Remember here you catering for 30 games all at the same time here not only 1-4 like LA13.

That's what life is about, choices :D

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
kean to try the ironed out version. and see what your system will do in respect to mapvote. I think I see what you are saying.. so what should happen?

deadlock and force revote?.. compromise.. until both players select the same map?

interesting.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Correct.
There is no way that in a middle of a game, a map should randomly switch.
With MapVoteX, the game end is still the same but during the game the vote percentage must be 51% or more, so with 2 players - both must vote for same map or game else it times out and cancels the vote, the same goes for any vote tie during the game, it waits the normal timeout, 50 seconds by default and cancels the vote and closes the windows.

I've also added a option: bAllowMidGameVoting, True by default but if that is False, Mid Game voting will be disabled.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok before I go too far, I put together another update for you guys to check.
It is very much refined and things just work better.
The RepeatLimits I have not done yet or the default Mutators.

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/beta/mvx101d.zip

Some dev info:

If bLoadMVGameNameAtStartup=True, your server will start the game that is listed in MVGameName=
MVGameName is also used internally and changes when a new game is voted.
So your server will always start whatever the last game was.

bAllowMidGameVoting=True allows mid game voting, defaulted True.

Mid Game voting.
If a vote is tied with 2, 4, 6 etc players, the vote will cancel after VoteTimeLimit.

Please check out the Game Tie.
I've added code for this but not tested it properly.

The current game being played is highlighed and always at the top of the game list.

bUseCommandOptions, if True then most ! commands will be available, including !D for feign death and !U for a suicide.

bSortCustomGameList, if True will alphabetically sort the GameNames in the votemenu display.
However sometimes I get a glitch with this and it drops 1 GameName.
I've searched all over but I will find it :)

The text positioning for the voted map/game has been fixed.
Clicking on the vote game will now highlight which game it is, same like it does with the maps.

Double clicking is allowed on the voted gamelist, but not on the actual Map or Game list.
Double clicking can and does cause multi votes to appear per person and happens frequently in LA13.

Long Map or Game Names will now also be limited to 25 characters in the voted status box (map image box)

sparK^

Aug 16, 2013
i tested, and the overtime works very good! when the game its draw, no open the mapvote, when some team wins, now the mapvote opens, nice work!! about the double clic, i do double clic on a gamelist and no change only select, but no changes, and the commands like !u and !d works fine! i only cant test "Mid Game voting.
If a vote is tied with 2, 4, 6 etc players, the vote will cancel after VoteTimeLimit." because i only test with 1 player (me) :p

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Thank you, I took a chance with the Mapvote Tie, hehe, I'm happy it works :)
The double click only works at the top image votes.
When more than 1 player is playing then the vote is displayed in the list.
Double clicking that vote will count.
Example see here:

dbck.jpg

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok done some tests , looking good

one problem I found is a continuous loop if invalid PREFIX entered into the .ini :\

this happened to me when I entered Prefix="TDM" into .ini by accident.

perhaps there could be some kind of check based on the error in the .ini

Code:
Warning: Failed to load 'TDM-Stalwart.unr': Can't find file 'TDM-Stalwart.unr'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file 'TDM-Stalwart.unr'

your code could check for that event and log

#### ERROR Failed to load blah blah
#### Switching to Prefix: DM
#### Reload using ^

that should sort that problem out as many people will probably have this happen coming from MVLA13 and BDBMV

now a couple of other minor thing's .. because we use SmartCTF instead of smartDM, as it is still in Beta..

I am wondering about the mutate smartDM forceend cmd
can we either move it or duplicate it to the mapvoteX?

also with respect to SmartDM (CTF) I think it would be best to hide the SPREE's/PICKUP's by default. Leaving the board slim profile for CTF Matches unless the individual wants to see that info.

I know this is better posted in other thread .. but it's all relevant.
CTF Matche's are more focussed on CTF STUFF , like those I showed you in the SS's (Screen Shots) from smartCTF.

Because players are used to these stats , it makes sense to at least cover those bases for the CTF side of SmartDM.

but that's just my oppinion.

you were saying how the code is quite bulky to achieve the stats which are displayed in SCTF.. perhaps you could rewrite this into a simpler form as you are experienced in this.

just stating here also .. that it would be very welcome to be able to use the one Mut for all of these gametypes. Too Make it fully Fledged of course would need to cater for DOM / AS as these are the only 'Stock' GameTypes missing from the Scoreboard.

of course the core doe's not cater for AS Type Scoring and that GameType in itself demands different things again.

as for DOM idk.. that would probably be easy to implement. again requires it's own stats collection.

with Assault I am thinking of setting up a LeagueAssault GameType.. for our Server's the difference with Assault I guess is that most of the info is displayed on the actual GameHUD.. something which SmartDM has not yet done.. and maybe never will do ..

1 thought here for example some of the on board stats can be moved to the player hud instead..

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
probably a hassle but could you maybe add [Admin Login/Logout] into the Mapvote and maybe if admin is ...logged in a button for [force end] / [restart] in a later revission

This thing (MapVoteX) is really quite cool :) getting used to it also haven't had any bad feedback which is also good :)

for the admin login , Ive seen mod's which can pickup on static IP's and automatically provide the Option / Button for that IP Address to login as Admin.
so what could happen perhaps is a sep tab @ top , could popup when an admin joins the server , for him only.
then on that tab there could be various things he/she could do.. like nexgen provides. *Ablility to change adminPW be a bonus of course..

but yeah.. that would be pretty advanced I guess.

things like ;

adjust various settings in the .ini like [BotPack.DeathMatch] , [BotPack.CTFGame] etc.

the mod could maybe read in these settings into a column and admin could click one.. then make a change like for example;

[Botpack.DeathMatchPlus]
TimeLimit=10
Minplayers=12

[Botpack.CTFGame]
bUseTranslocator=True
CapLimit=10

stuff like that.

also other things like we discussed re: bots..

[Add Bots] [ XX ]
[Remove Bots] [ XX ]
[Set Time Remaining] [XX:YY]

I think allowing players to vote in Bot's if they want to would be cool.. but yes could be tricky.

also the security repercussions of sending the server.ini information to a client could be problematic.
unless scrutinized and sent encrypted or something.

yeah :)

Last edited:

sparK^

Aug 16, 2013
i agree with wises about a new column for some admin settings like: max players, limit team score, addbots, time remaining, btw the most important settings of Nexgen Admin Options :p

i have an idea, idk if u guys like it, but, u can add a new botton on the mapvote to put something like ServerAffiliates like the nexgen111, it would be awesome something like that, the column u can called 'Server Affiliates' or simple 'Servers' there u can put the server name, IP and a botton called 'Join', when u clic there the server redirect u to that specific server, thats a good idea, because some admins have more than 1 server, and it will be cool to redirect with the mapvote :3 for that i have to use SendToWebsite and ServerAdds, then the player Type !insta or another command to join, and it will be more ez directly from mapvote, just with a clic! :D

Last edited:

sparK^

Aug 16, 2013
a column like Map Vote and Info, sorry for bad english again :p

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
I like the server affiliates and jump idea alot bro , you could be onto something there.

under a new [affiliates] tab perhaps?.. if somehow logged in as admin to the server you can modify it be awesome. ability to add server affiliates.. and a button for user's to add the server's direct to their ut.ini's if they choose. which would check then download the affiliates server's direct to user's .ini

interesting.

added to that and probably a bit hard.. but wonder if you can display user's and details from other server's via serverQuery.. which would collect and display country flag (of server) .. players etc.. like browser doe's. for the given server's as well. players , teams , scores. basically an ingame ServerQuery which can extend XserverQuery and IPServerQuery

^ they are separate Query tools. or even better bypass them and QueryDirect to Affiliates servers.

if not a sep [tab] then somewhere in the current display window.. ability to add maybe upto only 16 :lol: Affiliates servers.

I think this one is just about ready for release on forums pro working well.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Affiliates servers
========================================
[Flag] AUS 192.168.0.1:{16-Char ServerName} 10/12 Players DeathMatch
[Flag] USA 192.168.0.2:{16-Char ServerName} 06/10 players CTF
[Flag] UK_ 192.168.1.5:{16-Char ServerName} 01/04 players ComboShock+

[CTRL+LB select-multi & add to fav's]or[Add Single] and/or [ADD ALL to FAVS][Goto Server][Join as Spec]

Last edited: