Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Heh, that reminds me. Some Gamespy owned website gave BL2 a horrid review and there was a comment that since GBX dumped Gamespy for Valve, that's why it's getting a bad review, GS is butthurt

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Stupid questions below. I preordered this game knowing nothing about it.

Does multiplayer follow the same campaign as single player? When you join a multiplayer server, do you just jump into a campaign in progress? In other words, you may join a random server and find yourself at the beginning, middle, or end of the campaign? And what happens when everyone quits? Does it just pause the game at that point? Is it a persistent game world as long as the server is up?

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Stupid questions below. I preordered this game knowing nothing about it.

Does multiplayer follow the same campaign as single player? When you join a multiplayer server, do you just jump into a campaign in progress? In other words, you may join a random server and find yourself at the beginning, middle, or end of the campaign? And what happens when everyone quits? Does it just pause the game at that point? Is it a persistent game world as long as the server is up?

Not withstanding any changes from BL, it uses matchmaking and listen servers. If it was a competitive game it would be considerably feature starved but this method works very well for linear coop (see also: Dead Island). It's more of a persistent character. While the host's progress delegates what missions are available, completing any get passed to clients as long as they're not skipping sequential missions (main arc).

Zer0

Jan 19, 2008
So Mozi, you named one of the characters after me. Do you have a forums crush on me? I can't blame you, it's hard not to fall for my posting.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Lobby system is broken. No one can join me nor can anyone else join anyone :( Mozi get off your ass and fix this shit.

Love Toilet :)

EDIT: Lol so apparently some of my friendos got in by forwarding ports. Of course that didn't work for me but the point is didn't Gearbox say no more port forwarding? You guys are lucky the game is badass going solo or I would so TP your house.

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
There's also issues with the Premiere Club/preorder bonuses
Some are seeing them listed in Steam while not ingame. Others are getting them.
I for one haven't seen jack but supposedly BestBuy is supposed to email me the code for the bonuses in the next day or so
Facking hope so...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Totally.

Freaking.

Awesome!

I don't know why you guys were having issues with people joining. I had someone in my game before I ever even started and we played for two hours. I also had Mozi join and some other dude Mozi knows.

So far my only complaint is the menu. It is a bit streamlined from BL, but it is still ridiculously confusing to use. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Also, limited backpack/storage space :((((((((((((((((((

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
There's also issues with the Premiere Club/preorder bonuses
Some are seeing them listed in Steam while not ingame. Others are getting them.
I for one haven't seen jack but supposedly BestBuy is supposed to email me the code for the bonuses in the next day or so
Facking hope so...

People on the steam forums are saying you have to sign up for a shift account. This does not bode well with me as I thought preordering was good enough, but now I need to remember yet another username and password?

Le sigh

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I don't know why you guys were having issues with people joining. I had someone in my game before I ever even started and we played for two hours. I also had Mozi join and some other dude Mozi knows.

It isn't just us Brizz. Check the steam forums and Gearbox's. They obviously didn't test the matchmaking system and it is showing. If they stated in their little "love letter" that we shouldn't have to forward ports, then we shouldn't have to forward any damn ports. Its funny because I didn't have any ports forwarded for the first game and I was joining that just fine.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Totally.

Freaking.

Awesome!

So far my only complaint is the menu. It is a bit streamlined from BL, but it is still ridiculously confusing to use. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Also, limited backpack/storage space :((((((((((((((((((

Yeah joining in and out is very easy. You cans see who all is playing BL2 and on what quest on the main menu.

Back pack upgrades can be bought in Sanctuary. Patience young grasshopper.