Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I had to forward ports in BL. It was using stupid Gamespy and if you didn't it wouldn't work. I guess it's possible some people got lucky...

I haven't had to change anything for BL2. It worked out of the box. AFAIK the matchmaking uses Steam. How do you sign up for a Shift account?

Hey Mozi! Do you know if the game uses Steamworks for matchmaking? Also, limited storage is my biggest problem. Limited backpack space I can deal with but I need space for mah collecshun!

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I had to forward ports in BL. It was using stupid Gamespy and if you didn't it wouldn't work. I guess it's possible some people got lucky...

I haven't had to change anything for BL2. It worked out of the box. AFAIK the matchmaking uses Steam. How do you sign up for a Shift account?

Hey Mozi! Do you know if the game uses Steamworks for matchmaking? Also, limited storage is my biggest problem. Limited backpack space I can deal with but I need space for mah collecshun!

Yes everything is steamworks. It should work out of the box to join in. The only thing is that if some times it will say bad match if you are level 1 and the party is at level 40 or something. You can join but at your own risk of dying a lot.

Sanctuary also has a place to store your excess guns.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Mozi come on man why are you using an IGN watermarked version of an image from your own game, man!

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Yes everything is steamworks. It should work out of the box to join in. The only thing is that if some times it will say bad match if you are level 1 and the party is at level 40 or something. You can join but at your own risk of dying a lot.

Sanctuary also has a place to store your excess guns.

Everyone I tried to join was either optimal match or good match. This game has MW3 syndrome and I really don't have the patience to troubleshoot this game when 98% of my titles that have lobby systems work without port forwarding.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I wish to know only one thing, how PC friendly is this? I hear gearbox has this new PC friendlyness fashion thing going on.

Is this bearable for an oldschool backward thinking PC gamer? No FOV adjustment, no buy.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I wish to know only one thing, how PC friendly is this? I hear gearbox has this new PC friendlyness fashion thing going on.

Is this bearable for an oldschool backward thinking PC gamer? No FOV adjustment, no buy.

Ohhh threatening post thar.

Chill bubs it has a FOV slider. Goes up to 110.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
People on the steam forums are saying you have to sign up for a shift account. This does not bode well with me as I thought preordering was good enough, but now I need to remember yet another username and password?

Le sigh
BestBuy emailed me the code earlier
As for Shift, if you sign up you get an additional Golden Key, tho I don't know how/where to get the code for it yet
How do you sign up for a Shift account?
Ingame under Extras
Set up ingame, hit the confirmation email, go from there
Chill bubs it has a FOV slider. Goes up to 110.
It does? Must have looked right past it

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I don't think there's any accel, but shooting does feel a bit weird. Shots that I figured would hit miss completely, but I'm not sure if it's something weird with the mouse or if the weapons are all projectile

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Lots of them are. I haven't had any aiming problems, though. The menu is kind of goofy for PC, the BL one was a bit better I think.

Also, a better question...

What the crap is Shift for?

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I mean it feels like all weapons are projectile, even the standard bullet ones

Oh, if anyone remembers the "baleted" grenade launcher weapons in BL1, they have returned
Got a purple Maliwan incen shotty from a random drop, turned out it just lobbed a single grenade, I was disappoint

As for Shift, look up a few posts chief

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
For those who are denying that there is any sort of coop issue I present to you these threads

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960771709778057/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960797518109977/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960797518193377/ This one needs more info but it is weird.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960719631303430/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960797516473752/

And there are many many more. Check back in a few hours and you will have another new thread. I am serious Gearbox needs to look at this if they aren't already.

Nothing is wrong with my setup as I stated before all my games with the exclusion of MW3(that games lobby is garbage) work just fine with no port forwarding or firewall hassle. I even double checked my router settings. Open NAT, Upnp enabled, it is about as open as you can get. If the answer is to make my pc a DMZ then you are out of your damn mind.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
For those who are denying that there is any sort of coop issue I present to you these threads

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960771709778057/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960797518109977/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960797518193377/ This one needs more info but it is weird.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960719631303430/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/882960797516473752/

And there are many many more. Check back in a few hours and you will have another new thread. I am serious Gearbox needs to look at this if they aren't already.

Nothing is wrong with my setup as I stated before all my games with the exclusion of MW3(that games lobby is garbage) work just fine with no port forwarding or firewall hassle. I even double checked my router settings. Open NAT, Upnp enabled, it is about as open as you can get. If the answer is to make my pc a DMZ then you are out of your damn mind.
First, Steam discussions suck really bad. Horrible.

Second, no one is arguing that you are not having a problem. If you weren't why would you say you are?

Third, I have done zero configuration of my setup and everything works, so the system IS functional, you are simply having a problem with it for some reason.

Fourth, I'm sure that Gearbox is looking into it. It would be silly not to at this point, but that doesn't mean there will be anything they can change or fix on their side.

Fifth, it would really be worth setting your machine up on DMZ just to see if it works. That would point towards a routing problem within your router itself and not a problem on your computer specifically. Troubleshooting, fool.

Sixth, what kind of router do you have?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
First, Steam discussions suck really bad. Horrible.

Second, no one is arguing that you are not having a problem. If you weren't why would you say you are?

Third, I have done zero configuration of my setup and everything works, so the system IS functional, you are simply having a problem with it for some reason.

Fourth, I'm sure that Gearbox is looking into it. It would be silly not to at this point, but that doesn't mean there will be anything they can change or fix on their side.

Fifth, it would really be worth setting your machine up on DMZ just to see if it works. That would point towards a routing problem within your router itself and not a problem on your computer specifically. Troubleshooting, fool.

Sixth, what kind of router do you have?

First. Yeah I agree but just posted to show that yes it did exist.

Second. Yeah no one here has specifically denied it. just those pull the whole "I work so it must be your system" bullshit

Third. Believe it or not I have done zero configuration on my end as well. Port forwarding is the only changes I have made. I guess I could try turning the routers firewall off, but again 98% of my games work.

Fourth. We will see

Fifth. You know I might just try that, but if it does work I would still wonder why this game would be the exception. And I am not leaving myself open for just one game. UPDATE. Made myself DMZ and could not connect to 3 friends but I could connect to Jackal. So no DMZ did not make a difference and it seems to be random. So now I wonder what is similar between my setup and his?

Sixth. Netgear WGR614v9

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Fifth. You know I might just try that, but if it does work I would still wonder why this game would be the exception. And I am not leaving myself open for just one game. UPDATE. Made myself DMZ and could not connect to 3 friends but I could connect to Jackal. So no DMZ did not make a difference and it seems to be random. So now I wonder what is similar between my setup and his?
See, now you're getting somewhere. Haarg was having the same problem and the only person he could connect to was Jackal as well.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
See, now you're getting somewhere. Haarg was having the same problem and the only person he could connect to was Jackal as well.

So what does this mean exactly? We don't exactly have the exact same hardware otherwise I would gladly pinpoint the issue as being that brand. Plugging directly into the modem is not an option given the environment that I live in, and I have seen posts of people who have with no results.

Heres the deal. Torchlight 2 comes out this Friday and if I have the exact same issues with that then I will admit defeat. If not then well I know the problem isn't exactly with me.