Ground Branch (by Blackfoot Studios)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Same here Zeep, I miss you all. :D
By the way, we played some co-op with Stinkmarder yesterday again, I know you essentially moved away from INF (co-op), but maybe you can hop on again, as long as it lasts.

@Nukeproof:
To mention, the animations were mocapped by a special force veteran (known under the nickname Hatchetforce on the forums), but you probably know that already. Point is, these anims are as accurate as it gets and John said that he preferred to not tweak and work around on them to much, to keep the sorta natural look of these animations.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Ground Branch needs experienced programmers, if you are interested please ask Jsonedecker through PM on the BlackfootStudios.com forum (he's the head of the project).
You wont get paid though I guess, but perhaps receive some kind of compensation and mentioned in the credits (don't take my word, am not the one to decide).

Sadly Beppo had to leave the project because of personal reasons. I hope he will come back, because without exeggeration nobody is better suited for it as Beppo, but for now they need programmers to push the project further. So if you feel up for the task, you can support this great project.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The Donators "could" eventually be able to participate in some sort of testing of something somewhere soon, sort of. I probably risk a forum ban alone by telling this, so I can't tell anything more. Just stay tuned (some longer), things are still moving behind the curtains.

I played a bit Raven Shield the past two weeks, while the game has some good things and with the right players it delivers, it still pretty much sucks, I really felt like I was gonna to explode wanting Ground Branch so badly. ArmA II doesn't really give me what I want and everything else is dead (or if it's worth something it's to old to run on win 7). Gotta try Ghost Recon if it works.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
So in other words, check back in a year maybe?
Hard to say really. I think you will know when there is something to play soon enough, through me on these forums, or somehow else. But I guess a year is a good estimation (why do I feel uncomfortable to state this? lol).

John just says how things are slowed down into unbearable SIMPLY BECAUSE he can't find a programmer, for god sake! He had 4 coders in the past and all jumped the ship, Beppo had to leave, too, and he simply can't find a reliable programmer to finally raise up the development speed to a necessary level for the project to finally move on. That seems really to be the main problem there.

Just install the Trueview mod and the ShackTactical movement addon. You'll have a lot smoother movements. I fight in house now ^^
Do the mods also work for the ArmAII:OA demo? Would like to try.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Seems Steven deleted himself. INF keeps me frustrated sometimes, I thought to do the same often. :D

Ground Branch. Well, it is still in development, but it might aswell still be in development in two years, or three, or *insert unthinkable value*, which is less than little of use for us, those who are waiting.
Not sounding negative, I knew what the project situation was and I still 100% believe in it (to be something good), but I mentally step away from holding my hand out for it (I kinda did on these forums here, I guess). I still visit the Ground Branch forum, but not participating, even if I have suggestions what's the point discussing?
What I mean is I just let it go. If it happens now, great, if it gets released in 5 years, fine. I just not focus on it as the only thing that I need (computer game wise) anymore, even if it is (I'd need no other games if I had only one, single good tac-sim).

So my advise is, don't give up, but don't hold your breath for it. If it happens, you'll find out soon enough.

Oh well, back to crappy Raven Shield... :shake:

@zeep:
ArmA2, I... try... but... can't... sry. Maybe I give it a go, like... next year. Not like we are in a hurry or something.

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Haha, ok no worries. I'll say this in closing: I'm sure that if we played my fav missions in arma you'd have a lot of fun. But you're right, it's not like we're in a hurry.

www.Arma3.com is up and so far i heard good news, they're revamping the CLUNKY animation system. If we're lucky and get at least i5/i7 quadcores we'll be able to play it next year.

On the shorter term there's Red Orchestra 2 coming round december i guess.

Our best bet at this point is a mod. Either Crysis(2) or UDK. Would be good to have a community (payed/hired) coder working on it so we can have some say in it. There's coders in this community even but no-one has stepped forward yet.

Though in reality our best bet is Beppo.