UnrealTournament Extension Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Yes it is indeed, but an ambitious person like bites through any resistance ha ha.. and for the RL matter, currently I'm really playing anything anymore, the only thing I need the computer for is communications and suprise the SDK
LOL, I am also developing a project for about 1,5 years, and I am still in the 2nd stage of it (from 5), and I have to go back to stage 1 to improve some visuals and effects, as solving some bugs LOL :lol:

I don't really care, people are complaining about me since LSoNP
well nethertheless, even if the Demo is far less advanced than the Final, people could have used it to study things..
Not only study, as to give ideas on how to do certain things. For example, I saw your coronas, and saw in the properties you could make it 3D or HUD based. So then I checked some actor basic properties from UT itself (not from the SDK) and I came up with an idea to make the 3D spawning with the HUD effect. Of course, my way to do a dynamic corona isn't perfect, but is good enough for a nuke or other kinds of effects I made, and it works good enough online.
So basically, if people see the demo but with developer eyes and not consumer eyes, they can either see how you did it and improve, or just get ideas for the current effects to do new ones by theirselves (like I did in the corona case). :D

In the early stage of development I thought about module-wise release of the Pack, but many components rely on one another, so this isn't really possible anymore. The Pack only gets around 100 MB because of the extra media content I'll add (textures, sounds, meshes, programs), the (core)functionality won't go over 10 MB I think. So I may release a version with example stuff, additional media, tutorials and such (~ 100 MB), and just the SDK as-is (~ 15 MB).
Oh, then in that case, it's acceptable for any future mod for UT :)

Yeah I'll take my time and recruit 2-3 guys (not more) helping me
Too bad most people you could rely on are in the middle of projects, I mean, a mapper you can find somewhat easilly, but coders for that level of a project are either on projects now or simply quited this UT and the game entirelly. Good luck on your search ;)

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
News/Updates/Changes since November 09

• Plane Projective Texture Mapping (Plane Projector) finished
  • Testing Simple Dynamic Soft Shadows
  • Sprite Emitter finished
  • Mesh Emitter finished
  • Beam Emitter finished
  • Corona Emitter finished
  • Sprite Beam Emitter finished
  • Weather Emitters finished (Snow, Rain, Dust, Cloud, Wind Emitters)
  • Fog Emitter finished
  • Spark Emitter finished
  • Software Weapon Material Shaders finished (support for Environment Maps, Emissive Materials, Specular Maps, Opacity Maps, Detail Maps and CelShading)
  • implemented 2 new Light Actors, one with infinite Lighradius (aka Sunlight) and one with Lightradius exceeding the limit of 255
  • New Sprites finished (Sprites with indipendent Axis and Orientation, also dynamic Fading and Scaling)
  • re-worked and cleaned-up many old Class Structures
  • Organisation/Concept Work for the Sandbox Mods has begun
  • Recruiting Beta-Testers has begun
  • Current state of Progress: 80 %

Media

Weapon Shaders

A Shock Rifle with CelShading

A Shock Rifle with emissive Materials (Self Illumination Maps)

For the emissive Material I simply used 3 VERY small Textures to create the Effect:

sdkJrn_271209_xtAsmdt1.jpg

256x256 Pixels

sdkJrn_271209_xtAsmdt3.jpg

64x64 Pixels

sdkJrn_271209_xtAsmdt4.jpg

64x64 Pixels

Beam Emitters

Beam Emitter with a 32x32 Pixel Texture, uses 8 Segments, 2 Sheets

Beam Emitter with a 512x512 Pixel Texture, uses 6 Segments, 2 Sheets

Beam Emitter with a 512x512 Pixel Texture, uses 6 Segments, 2 Sheets

As you can see, a small number of Segments (around 4-32) is enough to draw cool Beams.
The first picture was chosen to show how it is made up out of connected segments.

Weather Emitters

Spark Emitter

Videos

New Sprites
Testing Simple Soft Shadows
Cloud Emitter Test
Spark Emitter

Last edited:

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
thank you, Blade_hunter ;)

SDK January Update

• Trail Emitter finished
  • Proc Sprite Emitter finished
  • Proc Corona Emitter finished
  • New Proc (Single) Sprites finished
  • New Proc (Single) Coronas finished
  • New Lensflares finished
  • Improved Mod / Total Conversion Support (Mods can be installed anywhere on your PC, if UT is installed, Mod Directory doesn't have to be derived from UT Root Directory)
  • Nearly all work on UScript based Emitters is finished
  • First build of the Post-Process System (Volume-, Script-, Trigger-, or Zone-controlled)

Media

Videos

The new lensflare video isn't yet approved at ModDB, sorry.

//edit (uploaded at youtube) :

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Wow, cool. Lens flares could do with some fading out, although not sure if it's possible. Trail emitters could stay until the animation is finished before getting destroyed, but otherwise it's all nice. Although it would be nice to get some examples of practical use for some of these.

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Yes I know what you mean. These are just simple example to show that this or that works. Lensflares do support fading, since color int Unreal Engine 1.5 luckily has an alpha channel (I just didn't show it in the video since the majority doesn't look at details)

You'll get and see extremely fine examples in the final

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
"Improved Mod / Total Conversion Support (Mods can be installed anywhere on your PC, if UT is installed, Mod Directory doesn't have to be derivied from UT Root Directory)"

Cool

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
My only problem is that it looks way too much like ASMD rings, looks kinda fake.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well, it should maybe change more, it looks way too static and somehow too artifical. I am not saying it is bad, but it's way too smooth or something....