UnrealTournament Extension Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Arf, I thought you gave some help, I consider you are talented for that second the mods you did.
I thought he accepted some collaboration, too bad :(

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Hm. What shall I say ? I understand your disappointments, I promissed an update weeks ago. I got terribly sick by a summer illness followed by a minor pneumonia (coughing blood isn't fun at all). Well believe that statement or not, I don't really care. All I can say is: There is progress, even if it's slow. Live with it ! Lately I've been really thinking about cooperative work, I can't do it all alone (yes I might, but not in time until Unreal Engine 5 is out ? lol). I have to decide whom I'll ask within the next days.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Hm. What shall I say ? I understand your disappointments, I promissed an update weeks ago. I got terribly sick by a summer illness followed by a minor pneumonia (coughing blood isn't fun at all). Well believe that statement or not, I don't really care. All I can say is: There is progress, even if it's slow. Live with it ! Lately I've been really thinking about cooperative work, I can't do it all alone (yes I might, but not in time until Unreal Engine 5 is out ? lol). I have to decide whom I'll ask within the next days.

Weeks? Make it months! LOL :p

No problem man. I mean, the main problem is that project is too damn big for a man only, since we're talking about tools to make mods, and not mods, and it's way harder to make tools (and I know it, have been developing new stuff for mapping by Creavion's request, as you know, and it's really harder than make a full mod). Also, you first just wanted to released what was done in the original project, and then you kept want to add new stuff, but RL is a bitch and got in the way, and also doing a project like this alone, during years needs patience and full dedication, and I think most people here don't realize that.

Also, people are complaining and such, the only people that could complain are Creavion and a Single Player campaign that has a special support from this SDK, and they rely/relied in it to develop stuff. Other people that didn't even started with anything or started thinking to use the SDK, if they need their projects finished fast, why don't you try to learn a bit of UScript or just search more often the internet for stuff. A few "features" of this pack were already developed or are in their "prototype" levels.

For example, last year I was waiting for this pack, but then when I realized that it would either take long or never be finished (due to RL or other things which no one unless Shadow has to do about), so I moved on and I did my own stuff, which were supposed to come from this pack, and I still am developing my own things, until Shadow comes here and post something like: "SDK Light Version Released!".

So in simple words, Shadow, don't continue because people want so, I mean you're not paid or anything to force yourself doing something you don't want or feel like to do. Just do it when you want to, and even the work will come out better.
Another advice is maybe starting to divide the whole SDK in more little versions, like a package for particles, another for physics, another for native stuff, etc. Even because I am not really seeing a single person place +100Mb of a SDK just for a mod that takes only 20M or less. Dividing it will get more people interested in using a certain feature for their mods.

And I know you already divided it some sections, but maybe to release something soon you should divide it a bit more.

And by division I mean a main pack (which people have to download anyway since it will have most math functions that the SDK will use, and that you can patch later with the updates and bug fixing), and then other little packages like I said above.

However, like I said, take your time, I am not relying anymore in this pack to say the truth, but in case you decide to start to release some stuff, by stages and little patches, I will use those instead since it will save me a lot of damn work.

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Weeks? Make it months! LOL :p

No problem man. I mean, the main problem is that project is too damn big for a man only, since we're talking about tools to make mods, and not mods, and it's way harder to make tools (and I know it, have been developing new stuff for mapping by Creavion's request, as you know, and it's really harder than make a full mod). Also, you first just wanted to released what was done in the original project, and then you kept want to add new stuff, but RL is a bitch and got in the way, and also doing a project like this alone, during years needs patience and full dedication, and I think most people here don't realize that.
Yes it is indeed, but an ambitious person like bites through any resistance ha ha.. and for the RL matter, currently I'm really playing anything anymore, the only thing I need the computer for is communications and suprise the SDK

Also, people are complaining and such, the only people that could complain are Creavion and a Single Player campaign that has a special support from this SDK, and they rely/relied in it to develop stuff. Other people that didn't even started with anything or started thinking to use the SDK, if they need their projects finished fast, why don't you try to learn a bit of UScript or just search more often the internet for stuff. A few "features" of this pack were already developed or are in their "prototype" levels.
I don't really care, people are complaining about me since LSoNP
well nethertheless, even if the Demo is far less advanced than the Final, people could have used it to study things..

So in simple words, Shadow, don't continue because people want so, I mean you're not paid or anything to force yourself doing something you don't want or feel like to do. Just do it when you want to, and even the work will come out better.
Another advice is maybe starting to divide the whole SDK in more little versions, like a package for particles, another for physics, another for native stuff, etc. Even because I am not really seeing a single person place +100Mb of a SDK just for a mod that takes only 20M or less. Dividing it will get more people interested in using a certain feature for their mods.
In the early stage of development I thought about module-wise release of the Pack, but many components rely on one another, so this isn't really possible anymore. The Pack only gets around 100 MB because of the extra media content I'll add (textures, sounds, meshes, programs), the (core)functionality won't go over 10 MB I think. So I may release a version with example stuff, additional media, tutorials and such (~ 100 MB), and just the SDK as-is (~ 15 MB).

However, like I said, take your time, I am not relying anymore in this pack to say the truth, but in case you decide to start to release some stuff, by stages and little patches, I will use those instead since it will save me a lot of damn work.
Yeah I'll take my time and recruit 2-3 guys (not more) helping me