Why the low UT3 adoption?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeStinkBAD

Lurking where you least suspect...
Dec 26, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
I still go back to the fact that when lan parties are thrown how many geeks show up with their consoles for them? hehe....

Bottom line is IMO PC's blow doors on consoles and are superior in every way except fanbase (i've said this before; the obvious console inadequacies lead to the false fanboy bravado, some are fooled into thinking it's actually true, kinda like the sociopath who believes their own lies or a mass hysteria) the biggest thing consoles have over PC's is a larger (mostly kiddie) fan base, in my neck of the woods most of the adults prefer PC gaming on mid-range to upper end rigs, (not necessarily top of the line) while the youngsters crank away on the consoles. Most of the game review sites know this too but they're paid (sponsored endorsements) to keep quiet about the incredible superiority of the PC platform, in case everyone hasn't nailed that one down yet. ;)

This is typical of PC gamers, whom are feeling more and more insecure about their platform. You never see console gamers comparing their systems to PCs. It's irrelevant.

Instead of making blatantly misinformed statements about console users, just stick to what you know please!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Why would a console owner care about the PC? Their market is thriving and they really have no reason to compare their favorite console to any other platform period. That doesn't stop them from doing it, though.

LordFarqWad

Dec 16, 2009
This is typical of PC gamers, whom are feeling more and more insecure about their platform. You never see console gamers comparing their systems to PCs. It's irrelevant.

Instead of making blatantly misinformed statements about console users, just stick to what you know please!

LOL If you say that console gamers don't compare consoles to Pcs then you must be posting from the moon. :lol:

I have seen unlimited arguments (in certain places, this is PC haven here)about this most of the time ppl saying how consoles are so much better for gaming. I own almost every console you can think of (well the wii won't be opened til friday) but I would way rather play this and most other games on my PC. In fact this franchise was almost ruined when they decided to make it into a multi-platform. I have played this game since the very first just plain ole Unreal came out and love the game, but when I installed this one I was almost done ( I actually went back to playing 2004) until there were some patches released.

ArcheryGenious

Also known as Decepticon
Jan 15, 2009
Buy it! This game is worth it as long as your computer meets the recommended specs. It's pretty much almost free now anyway. There is so much great custom content available. This is a great online and offline game as well, so much better now with patches than the first months.

I never had crashing or any real problems or issues at all. Most problems peeps had were due to having the vista OS and video drivers for certain cards like the HD1900, most new cards, and SLI setups. Drivers really sucked for newer cards, ati and nvidia totally dropped the ball for at least a year on drivers for vista and all the newer high end cards. Having a fresh install of XP or at least a clean setup is very important due to the mess that is called windoze.

Sounds like I'll be ok then :lol: I've got an ATI Radeon HD2600 which has had quite a few driver updates now I think.

I think you can get it for only £5 now, the original release (the £5 is a PC gamer re-release) for only a couple of quid more, which is great! This i why I usually don't bother getting games when they come out, they rarely maintain their full retail price, the only two I've encountered that do are Modern Warfare and Shadow of the Colossus.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Moddable PC games are superior to non-moddable console games. End of story.
Derived from this statement, if UT3 fails on PC, then UT3 will fail on consoles for sure. People on forums usually lack any quality in means of relevance, they just speak their mind and it's referred to as creativity.

If UT3 was released today everyone would be playing it for years to come. Now it's just water under the bridge, a game that never raised above it's own expectations on a large enough scale.

This is merely another bashing thread asking everyone "What's wrong with UT3?" when a more constructive approach can be found elsewhere. Yes, the "What would revive the UT franchise?" thread, but then again, what would really make a difference? Thinking, writing, reading and then some more thinking? Instead of doing that 164 times we could have played 164 matches each, or at least 3'552 total already. Playing the game would revive it.

It's like touching yourself, every time, you discover that you still have your sex drive intact, even thou most of us live in constant denial after the fact.

Play the game! It's good for you!

Use UTComp, find a nearby server, gather the gang and make it a habit.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
It's like touching yourself, every time, you discover that you still have your sex drive intact, even thou most of us live in constant denial after the fact.

ha . what

Moddable good PC games are superior to non-moddable console games. End of story.

Fixed.

Anyway I think I'm going to play UDK. It's a much better tool than UT3.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
You all know that your fathers are motherphuqers, right? Nothing wrong with that, because that's the sole reason for your existence.

I never expect people to agree with me when I am ironic, only when I am right.

If we all started playing tonight everyone would be playing and keep on playing instead of going to the nearest forum to bitch about nothing mostly because there are more players here than in the game.

Epic misplaced their trust in mindless whining nitwits, also known as the PC gaming community.

LordFarqWad

Dec 16, 2009
You all know that your fathers are motherphuqers, right? Nothing wrong with that, because that's the sole reason for your existence.

I never expect people to agree with me when I am ironic, only when I am right.

If we all started playing tonight everyone would be playing and keep on playing instead of going to the nearest forum to bitch about nothing mostly because there are more players here than in the game.

Epic misplaced their trust in mindless whining nitwits, also known as the PC gaming community.

Wow just wow

I'm surprised you haven't been banned from these forums saying stuff like that. This place must not be moderated

Nutjob. Why don't you go find some console forums to troll.

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand

The whining probably just seems like a big factor because people like to complain. It's a bit like the news, most of the stories are negative because that's what people are interested in looking into. Even the most popular games attract more whines than praise.

What's a bit of a shame is that we don't see more analysis of technique and game play for the maps, but that would be more work than fun.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
I installed it for about 2 hours, unpatched.
I was like WTF did any one test this game before they put it in a box.

I just reinstalled it on my new laptop, patched it, then added the bonus content.
Epic must hate people that play Off Line. I have to re-edit all the server settings if i close the game.

PS. Best OS is 98SE or XP.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Epic failed to put their trust in PC gamers, so I don't know how they misplaced their trust with that group. Using Gamespy as the multiplayer backend was basically stabbing the community in the eyeball while sawing off their reproductive organs with a rusty lumberjack saw.

1x.

UT99 Instagib 'ladder' champion
Oct 25, 2009
U.S.A. (West)

Actually its all over the net, pretty much constantly. (where you been?) lol

You've got it all backwards stinky, its the consolers that always do this, we were having a mature hardware discussion and some others made some comparisons to price, power, and other uses, don't let my opinion, experience, & habits upset you, its just my point of view, i respect your opinion even if its the complete opposite of mine.

Blanket statement: Never take reality personal. ;) - or even someone elses for that matter.

On a little sidenote;this place is a frick'n riot.. plenty of good humor here even with the all the spamming and differences of opinions.