[Zombies everywhere] Pick your weapon(s) of choice

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I shall slayeth the zombies with my...

• sword, axe, machete, knife

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • chainsaw (or lawnmower) mayhem

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • shotgun, pistol, automatic rifle

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • flamethrower barbeque

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • cake/spoiled food/rotten tomatoes

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • my eternal wit/hamsters/cattle/

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • mexican flu

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • other methods of mayhem

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
nuclear-explosion-761791.jpg

^^solution.

I thought we were talking about dealing with zombies, not dealing with North Korea

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
200px-Minsc.jpg

"Full plate, and packing steel."

"I grows tired of yelling battle cries when fighting this mage zombie! Boo will finish your eyeballs once and for all so he does not rise again! EVIL, MEET MY SWORD! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!!! "

"Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!! "

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
MacGyver? He'd attempt to blow open a door using the filling from several bullets, fail miserably and then try to escape on a microlight he'd built out of bamboo before plumeting into a ravine and dying.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I guess it all really depends. I would think that a flamethrower would be the most effective, but it depends on how the zombies react to fire. In L4D you don't have to worry about most zombies after they're on fire. However, it may be the case the fire just doesn't stop these guys until it's burned them to a crisp. In this case a flamethrow might not be quick enough to save you like a quick shot to the head.

However, I think you're screwed either way. You're just not going to have enough ammo to take on the zombie hordes. With the chainsaw and flamethrower you'd probably be more likely to find some fuel. However, chances are you'd probably end up at a gas station. Somehow I just don't think that would end too well for you.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
I guess it all really depends. I would think that a flamethrower would be the most effective, but it depends on how the zombies react to fire. In L4D you don't have to worry about most zombies after they're on fire. However, it may be the case the fire just doesn't stop these guys until it's burned them to a crisp. In this case a flamethrow might not be quick enough to save you like a quick shot to the head.

However, I think you're screwed either way. You're just not going to have enough ammo to take on the zombie hordes. With the chainsaw and flamethrower you'd probably be more likely to find some fuel. However, chances are you'd probably end up at a gas station. Somehow I just don't think that would end too well for you.

Which is why Biotics is the way to go.
Or a Lightsaber.
Or create a terminator. (but then it might kill you)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
How about using a helicopter motor and planting it in the garden ?

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
To my mind circumstance is irrelevant. There are two types of zombie we can expect, lumbering, classic ones and runners. The method of survival for both is the same. Batten down the hatches and hope.
It's never clear whether zombie invasions ever end, if the zombies eventually decompose or whether it's possible to survive long enough to live freely again and you never know where you'll be and what your doing when it happens. We can only assume then that if were asked what weapons we'd use it's be a personal preference and not complicated by scenario. A flamethrower would be little comfort in a wooden cabin in the forest, etc.

Also if the zombies can fly I'd suggest it was less a zombie invasion and more a full blown visitation of he'll on earth.

(sorry for grammar, posted on iPhone)