UE3 - General The new "So what are you working on?" thread:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dogger

Oct 4, 2004
Heres a Skaarj Warrior I made for my uni project.

skaarjpersp.jpg

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
MSUC entry? :D
Looks a bit odd of a skaarj (Locust influence?), but damn it's detailed and sleek.

Slaughter: Lookin' good, do you plan on working the neck a bit?

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
They're gonna be rockets or something. Maybe. I'm making it up asI go along :p

It started off as a machine gun with twin barrels similar to the Unreal 1 minigun. Then I just added a longer main barrel and had the twin barrels become a loading mechanism. It is currently a heavy cannon / rifle type thing. Which will be mounted on top of a fairly mobile vehicle that will fit somewhere in between the Scorpion and Hellbender for size.

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Update!

buggy2.jpg

Any feedback would be great :)
I'm aiming to go with a style that fits in with UT3, without being too similar. I'm aiming to keep the body work quite simple, whilst underneath the geometry will be far more complex and give the impression of mechanical parts needed for the vehicle to function :)
This is the high poly version of the mesh for normals - so no need to comment on the polycount at the moment, a lot of the mesh is still quite rough too :p

Pyronious

Good morning vietn.. Unreal!
Mar 10, 2008
gun too small for the car? :p unless its a 40 story high car.
(made up out of the size of the grenade launchers)

Pyronious

Good morning vietn.. Unreal!
Mar 10, 2008
pbgunscreen2.png

pbgunscreen.png

pbgunscreenred.png

pbgunscreenblue.png

i wanted to make a little minimod for unreal infiltration, but my unreal cant compile.. it keps saying theres no UC file..

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
The_Head, I like your vehicle concept:) The part that looks odd to me is the long hood, and it doesn't appear that there is room for a driver.

Glad you like it Steven - can't wait to get it finished and in engine.

Numerous people have mentioned driver seating to me. But the idea is like many other UT3 vehicles is that there isn't an obvious window or similar, the vehicle is going to be approximatly the same size as the hellbender - so I just argue that a driver would fit ;)
I do need to tweak it slightly to make it more believable though :)

Currently unwrapping the low poly model so I can sort out normal maps!
The gun is going to take ages.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Update. Normal Map behaving itself fairly well now on the low poly model, still errors to sort out (glitches on the wheel arch I know how to fix, but I thought I'd put up some progress rather than remaking the normal map again)
Block colours at the moment just to break it up a bit. Any suggestions for texturing would be cool :) - not to mention any general feedback.

blocktextures.jpg

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Nice progress on the normal mapping:) I like the design, but the scale seems to be working against the model. From the scale of the front suspension, air intakes and gun, it seems to be a drone vehicle.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Interesting point, not sure how much I can do to it now to change the shape in time for the deadline I need it done by for my uni project :p

I didn't have the intention to make this vehicle look realistic when I started, just something that is believable. Think I've managed that lol.

ps- check your pm's - got a little request for you :p

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
The_Head, I just noticed that with the positioning of the gun and the hood, your weapon probably can't aim downwards in front. As it looks like that gun will be using some type of trace fire instead of a gravity affected projectile, that could mean a lot of real estate on the battlefield you can't reach.

Looking nice though!