The WIP Screenshot Thread!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Well, SWAT 4, or CS:S. I dunno, it's just that UT to me is in those gothic and/or spacey looking arenas. Maybe I've been too tied to what I consider traditional to the UT brand.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I've totally changed the atmosphere of the map since last i posted:
1o.jpg

2o.jpg

3o.jpg

4o.jpg

Cryosis

Jan 19, 2008
I thought there was only one remake that was done.. and it didn't really look like morpheus (for UT3 anyways)

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Well, i have two on my pc, and my bro is making one aswell, so thats too much for me :p

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Eh, a lot of the maps that I'd remake for UT2004 or UT3 would be ones based on older games like Doom II, Quake, or Duke 3D that I may have either made, or maps that I've played so much, that it would be worth making into a more competition map for DeathMatch, CTF, etc...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Excessive overuse.
Even the first day UT3 was released I got sick of these packages. Actually there's some good stuff in there people don't use much, but FFS, lay off the god damn catwalk meshes.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
i was just wondering if someone might be able to help me out here. below are two screenshots i took in light complexity mode. since i assume that red = bad i guess i know where some of the framerate issues come from that i'm currently trying to get rid of :B
and those bits of black... even worse?

so if anybody knows what to do about that i'd be glad if you'd let me know.
also, if you know how to avoid this kind of stuff right from the get-go that'd be extremely useful as well :)

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
ah, ****... i solved the problem. i deleted all the dynamic lights i had in the map and now it's all green. gotta find a way to do what i used those dynamic lights for some other way now. that's what you get for choosing the easy way... or:

Yoda said:
If you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did - you will become an agent of evil.
:(

Last edited:

Crayfish

Jun 30, 2008
Gears of War - MP_Festung: WIP

This is my first map for Gears of War. I played Team Fortress classic & RTS games for many years, and have put alot of thought into good layouts for teamwork and role focused squad tactics etc. This map has a twin-forts type layout, vaugely akin to MP_River from Gears2 and MP_Goldrush from Gears1, with sniper towers and connecting routes that are (hopefully) ballanced by L.O.S, distance, cover, weapons etc..
The setting is a medieval Germanic Cog ruin, with a warm lighting scheme inspired by the more organic springtime feel of Gears2 MP levels.
[screenshot]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/8633/screenshot00035fa4.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4554/screenshot00032gv6.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4885/screenshot00027zw7.jpg[/screenshot]
Crayfish.