UE3 - General The new "So what are you working on?" thread:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pyronious

Good morning vietn.. Unreal!
Mar 10, 2008
Nice work all :D

I just started with modelling, and with all the knowledge i have I made a few models, view this page.(<---------- The P90 inst mine, Qtit made it!!)

And the following screenshots have never been publicated before.. :p so i geuss you are the first persons who see this.. you all will think its a crappy model, it is, but still, for someone who just started and only knows the basic features of Max9 :p

m16m4a1te3.png

m16m4a12ae4.png

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Not bad at all for someone very new to 3dsmax.

There are numerous areas that could use far less polys whilst looking the same.

-The butt of the gun could be simplified with far less divides along it.
-Some areas of the barrel are quite poly intensive, despite being very small. For example the tip of the gun could just be textured on to show that detail.

Should get you started :)

The more you model the better you will be!

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
Update to my weapon arsenal:

screen3jr3.png

screen2zy0.png

The first one who geusses what weapon this is and who geusses right, gets a cookie :D
This is for StargateUnreal mod for Unreal227.. soon website will come, there will be all our screenshots :p

ng.aniki

Apr 25, 2008
The model is nice !

But.. The texture AND the model look really low (res and poly).

For the texture, maybe it's from the 3Dsmax viewport, but we can't see any details.
And for the model, you can easily go further, and add some tris.

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
it shud be low poly, unreal227 :p so I cant go too deep into detail.. and yes, the textures may need an update :)

tnx for reply anyways :)

Last edited:

ng.aniki

Apr 25, 2008
Oh.. The prefix of the thread is UE3 Others, and I missed the line where you say it is for Unreal227, then I guessed it was for an UE3 mod :p

.:CM'].[Diablo

Apr 9, 2008
it shud be low poly, unreal227 :p so I cant go too deep into detail.. and yes, the textures may need an update :)

tnx for reply anyways :)

Hi mate,

When you work your texture, past directly some real pictures if you can, the result is really better!

----

Work in progress...
112.jpg

For info, I work in a "GTA" mod for Red Orchestra OstFront 41-45 with all that...
3d work with low polygons in the unreal engine.
I have past others pictures here : http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=174558&page=2

Last edited:

Selentic

Out of your mind.
Jun 9, 2008
Hey, Im new.

I used to mod for HaloCE, and after pushing that engine to the limits I figured it was time to move to a newer one. Having seen crysis I was planning to get a better computer and move to it, but seeing the massive failure the multiplayer was, I decided to move to the UT2 engine.

/intro

This is some of the older stuff I have sitting in my photobucket, I havent really gotten a render of some of my newer stuff.

pillar-1.jpg

textured.jpg

That model was designed for a 7 year old engine, so I guess I didnt get to add as much detail as I could have to put it on par with this engine, but whatever Ill run with it.

And for those who are interested in how it looked ingame (Do note these are all in Blam!'s engine, not UTs because I havent learned how to use UnrealED yet :| )

ingame1.jpg

ingame2.jpg

Heres another model that I never got a render of but did get ingame
lolbluebabies.jpg

lolnotbluebabies.jpg

And some other newer models.

This stuff was actually my first attempt at human style modelling, so I guess its not all that amazing compared to some of the stuff being posted but here I go anyway

bridge2.jpg

bridge-1.jpg

Also designed with halo in mind, but I might go see how it looks in UT if I ever finish it.

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
nice :D Hurray, another great modeller inside the UnrealEnige!!
me <3 halo :)

I made a quick mp5.. i was bored :p
mp5scrn3yd6.bmp

mp5scrndk6.png

mp5jtgsrj8.jpg

Dont mind that scope on the real image, too lazy to model the scope :p

Selentic

Out of your mind.
Jun 9, 2008
nice :D Hurray, another great modeller inside the UnrealEnige!!me <3 halo :)

I made a quick mp5.. i was bored :p
*Pics*
Dont mind that scope on the real image, too lazy to model the scope :p

I have to learn it first
ssh.gif

As for your gun its a good start, but I see some weird parts that dont look all the right. Smoothing errors maybe? I cant really tell.

My advice would be to practice following references more ; you have the basic shape down, but it needs more refining. Good start though.

Also if youre using 3ds max your rendering could be improved. Try these tutorials to improve your rendering.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6173
http://modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8146

Selentic is obviously better than I at Halo structure making.

Thanks
awesome.gif

Last edited:

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
Thanks Selentic, for the links :) That weapon is just for the SGU mod, so ALL my models are ugly/low poly/low-res :) the SGU mod is for the good old Unreal1, with 227 patch :)

visit www.stargateunreal.com (its still in progress.. pff :p) soon ull see what weve done so far.

And yes, my skins really are bad. that doesnt matter, its for Unreal1!(my standard excuse :p).

Thakns anyways, i can use the links for an school project :) All the kids in my class must draw somekindof monster or alien on paper, or create it in 3D with clay, metalwire etc, im between it :p i do it on paper in 3D :O:)

At Slaugther: nice model! XD u did enjoy making the tits didnt ya ? :p Hey uhm can i probably ask you for something? ill PM u ok?

Last edited: