Why Map?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why Map?

• I wanna do it for money, how else to prove myself worthy

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I could do better than that POS that got a 9

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • I got this really cool idea, and want to be God

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • I don't have a social life and like the self-abuse

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I like figuring out software that comes without a manual and is prone to crashing

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
I start maps like it's nothin, but finishing is the hardest thing to do yet that's what pushes me further. And I like to show off my stuff to my frends who map like noobs, hehe

It took god 7 days to finish the world and even with all this technology and software he still beats me!!!

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Well whats the shape of the majority of rooms people see and exist in?
I don't like outside maps all that much,lets see you make somthing that isn't outside.
You still posting zeros too,you just can't help it can you .)H(

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
im posting 0 for map who don't need to be there

a lot of pll may like them but this is ther choise
u like Sniper ass map? i respect it , but don't ask me if i want to join ur server!

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Kantham said:
im posting 0 for map who don't need to be there

a lot of pll may like them but this is ther choise
u like Sniper ass map? i respect it , but don't ask me if i want to join ur server!

No I don't like sniper maps very much,but still ,lets say it has been done good,or crappy,you should judge it on the map,or don't judge it bad just because you don't like those big ass things.
I actualy hate those maps,because if you took out the teleportes it becomes useless.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
KingMango said:

WHAT!

EDIT: ho , i see

on nalicity i have seen ur previous work ,,

CONGRADULATION , you won the UPC ! (unrealplayground contest)

whit ONS-Coldfusion][

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ReD_Fist said:
No I don't like sniper maps very much,but still ,lets say it has been done good,or crappy,you should judge it on the map,or don't judge it bad just because you don't like those big ass things.
I actualy hate those maps,because if you took out the teleportes it becomes useless.

Great , i only play in Equilibrateds maps

somme ppl need to refert to ORIGINALS MAPS! that comming whit the game , or , Read tuts!

hey , did you ever seen a tutorial for Kitchen - room- bathroom map? :zzz:

actually i don't , they are bad so tuts are not needed for these

Kantham said:
WHAT!

EDIT: ho , i see

on nalicity i have seen ur previous work ,,

CONGRADULATION , you won the UPC ! (unrealplayground contest)

whit ONS-Coldfusion][
boy. I'm a bit late on this. Thank you Kantham.
I map because UED is my anti-drug. I'm anal-compulsive and I have a very pronounced masochistic tendency.
I never finish anything anymore. I always wind up learning so much with each map that I want to constantly start over (I typically start the same map from scratch at least twenty times) and then I eventually get stuck trying to do something impossible with the current engine.... :mad:
(ok prolly not impossible, just beyond my skillz.... but I like to blame the technology. ;))

fragnbrag

Good news everyone!
Nov 12, 2002
Ottawa,Canada
sites.google.com
KingMango said:
...anti-drug. ...

phew, ...i ...am ...not... alone ... . .. .... . ... . . :eek:

i think mapping contests with a strict focus and limitations are good ideas for a lot of peeps - it's worked for u mango, your published product has usually been the result of a competative push - given a short-term goal and constraints, u seem to do pretty well - and cleaning up things afterwards is always easier (ala "][" etc - perhaps it's time for another comp-o, eh?
:D

#4 - i have a social life, but the abuse bit fits, that must be it ...

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I map because...

One day my friend and I were playing Face and we had volitile ammo on. I kept shooting the rockets above the opening when he went in his tower and it killed him most of the time. I wanted to put more rockets up their and tried to figure out the editor but couldn't and my freind said you couldn't add more things to maps. Later (ok, about 2 1/2 yrs later) I thought I would make another pass at learning the editor because I had already mapped for some strategy games. I looked at tutorials all over the internet and alot of other stuff and started making stuff. This was also because I wanted to get more people at the LAN parties I go to to play UT some instead of Quake III: Arena. What keeps me mapping is that 1.Houences and CliffyB have inspired me and 2.I'm addicted to mapping and am learnig new things every day about it. I'm currently making 2 maps at the same time and redoing my first major n00b map.

Last edited:

KALABASS

May 6, 2005
I started mapping because i'm very interessted in graphics and games and i like the game's UT99'/2004' a lot