Why Map?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why Map?

• I wanna do it for money, how else to prove myself worthy

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I could do better than that POS that got a 9

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • I got this really cool idea, and want to be God

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • I don't have a social life and like the self-abuse

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I like figuring out software that comes without a manual and is prone to crashing

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
I'm hoping the MSUC gives mappers a kick in the pants.
I'm furiously learning 3dsMax to transform my bundle of meshes into a decent level for entering phase 1.
The meshes are all there, just hafta step back to Max and UV map em and create a light map for the level is all... then possibly pretty it up and like path it.
*sheesh*
It all seems harder now if you don't start with some basic BSP archicture, only because I didn't.
I figure this is the best way to become a better reviewer, be a mapper!

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Well I'm mapping now for my own enjoyment, it all seems to depend on my mood, what I wanna see and try. If I got an idea I'll try it. But ya my skills went down the drain from ued2 to 3. lol, but whatever I'll fix that. I always wanted to create my own killing devices. Anyways, better get crackin.

eastgate2

May 17, 2003
orbiting
Exactly:)

That's what I like about Ued...you have to "deduct" something in order to build something....kinda' reverse engineering to the mankind's system...

That's why I can never understand "adding" static meshes to make levels...

That's also why before big-bang, God must have maded a moving-subtracted brush which we call universe today...ever expanding...

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
I once had a rely cool idea,opened unrealED, looked at all the buttons,couldnt figure how to move the 3d veiw, and closed it.

Then one day, about a year later, while on the internet i found a tutorial for it.
Now i cant stop because i find it so fun.But the most fun thing Ive played around with is portals in unrealED 2.I was so anoyed(and still am)when they took them away in unrealED 3.No more endless pits of doom :(

Last edited:

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I have a dream. And that dream is Unreal Tournament 2007 with my name in the credits :).

HidingCriminal

Jan 16, 2004
Other than what everyone else has said,

god knows I suck at it, but it's....addictive...I still have a desktop icon..

because I just know one day....at some moment in time....i WILL click that icon...again..