Weird Poll: Do you cheat in INF online?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you cheat in INF online?

• Yes - All the way

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Yes - But mostly wallhacking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - But mostly using radar or similar

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yes - But mostly minor tweaks

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • No - But I am considering it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - and I never will

Votes: 54 84.4%

• Total voters

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
Sorry Geo but i find this poll very absurd...

If anyone cheat realy extrem wallhack and / or aimbot and other stuff he won't vote here because otherwise it would have to fear more against it is done.

... is most interesting what other guys use for tweak but not more.

@ UTDC work and stop most public cheats. (That you not kick from server with cheats meant not that UTDC not work, infgermany and other server log cheater at first only)

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Believe it or not there are hacks for Inf, I have seen one in action (which thankfully UTDC does detect). However UTDC has a major flaw in that it only works on Windows... theoretically, people using Macs or Linux could use such hacks and remain undetected.

Nea I don't see why it is absurd, people's votes are hidden from others and they don't have to post what they voted if they don't want to.

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
Crowze said:
people using Macs or Linux could use such hacks and remain undetected
Yes but all can see that i am using other os. I will not say that linux and mac user cheater but the player which can do public cheats is less (only player with display he use incompatible os) and windows external tools work not by linux / mac.

Crowze said:
Nea I don't see why it is absurd, people's votes are hidden from others and they don't have to post what they voted if they don't want to.
:rolleyes: ... Why should cheater vote here ... serveradmins could come on the idea make more against cheater.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
nea... as the title said it's a weird poll... actually I just wanted a good discussion on the subject ;)

As for server admins... if the did not realise yet that their is a cheating problem in general in gaming and that they need to use all tools they can to stop it, probably they shouldn't be server admins or should get some serious help doing it. I mean, this is not a new discussion. Not at all and especially not in the FPS community nor in the INF community.

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
ZING. :p Considering some recent events of mine, I'd be interested to see what UTDC logs and what it doesn't and how it really works. Of course, to make that public knowledge is a little haphazard. ;)

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
UTDC detects any hack that is based on manipulated INF/UT files and all *known* hooks...

Any event could be set on either report or kick. If you are interested in specific testing etc. I suggest to get in touch with Neabit.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I want to know why you haven't publicly ostracized the cheaters you say got logged on your server by UTDC. I see no reason to keep it a secret that a certain player cheats. Everyone should know about it and ban the player from every server in the community IMO.

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
I think because people who are logged/reported by UTDC aren't necessarily cheaters. ;) Also, isn't there an "admin forum" where admins can talk about said cheaters and ban them en masse?

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Yes, there is an admin forum set up for this specific purpose, among others. Two of the stickied threads are called "Players to watch", where we talk about and share information on players supected of using any kind of cheat. The other is called "Banned IP's" where IP's and playernames are posted. It is however up to the server admins what they do with the information.

There hasn't been much activity there recently, which might indicate that cheating on the servers is down to a minimum.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Is there still an admin forum... is it still used... is the admin list having access to it still up to date? Is it advertised to server admins?... maybe that's why it's down to a minimum.

What the list of the current admins?
-Odie
-Neabit
-Cleeus
-Shan

who am i fogetting? Maybe you could consider adding one sub-admin per server to this forum (one recommanded by the actual server admin). Start advertising that tool again, etc.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Geo, I have several times encouraged admins to sign up for the forums since the first one saw daylight about four years ago.

And yes, all of those you mention have signed up and have access, along with their co-admins. A handfull of team members, including Beppo, also have access.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Well why should the server admins be the only ones who get to know who the cheaters are? I think the entire community should be aware of who is cheating and who is honest.

Nuke and Neabit keep saying that they have caught cheaters on their server with UTDC, I am sure that everyone would like to know who they are so we can protect ourselves.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I have an eye disease called Keratoconus. It makes all light (sources) smear across my view. I.e. When driving at night i see every single light maybe 20 times. Anyway, because of this i see very bad in the distance and in maps with bright skyboxes i hardly see whats going on below. So i may turn my brightness knob up/down a lot during matches. Coronas i switched off too.

I voted No, never will. Radar blips would blind part of my view anyway ;)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Neabit said:
We wont publish any log because everybody can fake nickname.
But they can't fake the IP address can they? Don't most players have a static IP address because they use broadband?

If the player thought he'd get away with it you'd think they would use their real nick names since they want credit for kicking everyone's ass (with a bot).

Plus, couldn't you cross reference the logged player's nick name and IP with IP's from other logs on other matches or other servers? or even from the forums?

-- IMO we should make every effort to know the true identity of all cheaters and ban them from the entire community (even forums etc.)

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I agree with Neabit on that one. I've been accused of teamkilling on these forums after some asswad took my nick and went berserk on the servers. Those who cheat will hardly ever use their own nick. Making IP's public isn't the way to go either as an IP can easily be faked too. There are also privacy issues to consider.

I think it's fair to say that server admins are among the most dedicated in the community and would not allow their server get a reputation as a free haven for cheaters. I think we can trust them to do what they can to keep cheaters away. Making nicknames or IP's public won't change anything, certainly not as long as they can be faked.

Last edited by a moderator:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I agree with KW on this one. Not enough effort is made to take cheaters out in INF (even if we show off with all our nifty anti-cheat tools)... displaying them is one thing, using them to actually remove cheaters from servers is another. That my be for many reasons. I for one am very reluctant in doing this because I fear for our small community. Then again, is keeping cheaters among us any better?

I strongly think that UTDC, for example, should be set to kick immediately, no question asked. If someone has an issue of getting kicked for no reason, they should contact the server admin and get things cleared up.