1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weapon suggestions.

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Lidzsvars, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

YEah, but there is not WW2 games quite like INF. However, what i would like to see is a WW1 FPS game, anyone know of one? Preferably released in the last few years too, not too old.

2. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Congrats Lethal Dosage, they is a WW1 mod, called 'The Storm of Steel', even for HL2.
    Most cool feature about it (byside ironsights) are horses as 'vehicle', now that is awesome.

They is also a second (much earlier started) WW1 mod for HL2 (I'm sure it is HL2), called Over the Top
    They also have a more flexible loadout system.

Hmm, both aim on realism, who will win?

-edit-
    OMG, they is even a third WW1 mod for HL2, called The Somme Valley. My god, it starts to grow.
    This one will have ironsights too, but seems overall less realistic to me, cuz they stick to crosshairs when unaimed aswell and they have fixed classes.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  3. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Neither.

WW1, if done 'real' would be incredibly boring. The word "realistic" in games today just means the names of the weapons are correct.

Edit: I can't wait to see a trench charge into a machinegun where everybody bunnyhops

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  4. flamingknives

flamingknives New Member

I believe that your appreciation of WWI combat is flawed. While taking part in a major offensive wouldn't be much fun, that goes for nearly any pitched battle involving machineguns.

Trench raids, stormtrooper attacks and patrols would all fall into the game type seen in Infitration at the moment. That's just on the Western front, not counting Africa and Russia.

5. Eric220

Eric220 New Member

A VERY inaccurate Automatic sniper would be nice, as well as a chrome Desert Eagle .50 :D and possibly Tear gas which could blurr your vision or have a watery effect. :D

6. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Inaccurate sniper. Riiiiiiight.

UN17 has already made a chrome DE.50.

7. flamingknives

flamingknives New Member

There are plenty of Modern games too. Infiltration pwns them all

8. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

9. Eric220

Eric220 New Member

lol? Your saying a semi AUTOMATIC sniper is accurate?

For those of you who play CS, I'm refering to the Krieg 550 or the D3, that sniper.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  10. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

INF has a semi-auto sniper rifle, the PSG-1. It is very accurate, but useless when you would be better off with a rifle.

If you really want a full auto gun with a scope, the FAMAS is ACOGable.

11. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

No, I'm saying it's not much use as a sniper rifle if it isn't accurate. Don't use CS for examples. Just... don't.

12. gal-z

gal-z New Member

If it's inaccurate it's not a sniper rifle. It's a rifle with a scope. :eek:

13. flamingknives

flamingknives New Member

How about a British Light Support Weapon (LSW)
    Scope? Yup
    More powerful than regular 5.56? Longer barrel says yes.
    Full-auto capabilities? Certainly.
    Inaccurate? If you've got that hankering, model the A1 variant.

14. Eric220

Eric220 New Member

lol CS:S claims to be real. And it is to a point such as their good ragdolls. But 1 grenade between the legs does 20 damage / 100. :mad:

15. Gnam

Gnam Member

LOL. You do know that the Kreig 550 is actually supposed to be the SIG SG 550 right? There is allready an SG 551 in Inf. Just stick and ACOG on it and set it to semi, and there you go. The 551 is even less accurate than the 550 (14" barrel vs 20" barrel), though because Inf is realistic, it's still not as innacurate as in CS, and you're probably not going to notice any loss at most distances in the game.

16. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

FarCry isn't much better...
    Fire a launched grenade(from the AG36/OICW, names unsure) in someone's face, and I do mean in their face, and... nothing... they are alerted to your presence and start shooting at you like they just got bit by a mosquito

I don't care how thick your kevlar vest is, a nade to the face is supposed to be lethal

17. The_Super_flingueur

The_Super_flingueur New Member

I think most important to add: Steyr Aug :) . Add too: Glock 17 (yes). FN Scar or FN F2000. And mobile MG42/MG3 (it will be interesting I think :lol: ). And last SA-80 or M1 Thompson no?

18. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Now the big question. Can can you justify why these weapons would be most important to add ? :p

The only one where I really agree are the the MG42/MG3, and then again, I don't agree on that specific choice.

19. The_Super_flingueur

The_Super_flingueur New Member

I don't know. It's just a idea.
    We can keep, for moment, MG42/MG3.
    We can also add: AICW
    or: XM-26 LSS for a M4A1-M16A2? :)

20. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

I don't think adding the MG42 (who the **** uses it nowadays?), MG3, MG74 or how all enhancements of the MG42 are called, would be a good idea (I know you wouldn't add it anyway ;) ) because the MG42 is a crew served weapon. At least two people are needed to operate it in a usefull way. Yes you can play the gunner role, but who would be the ammo-guy, who helps you with the barrel-change (~every 250 shots), who helps you while changing places, who looks for targets ...
    And after all including a weapon that can only be fired reliable while lying is imo not the best idea. I like the idea of supressive fire, yet I know that you would have carry too much for a guy being alone especially in INF.
    Additionally I'm not sure if there are ammo-boxes (for 200 shots) existing that you can "clip" at the lower of the weapon. We were issued with small "boxes" containing only 50 shots, the ammo-boxes containing 200 shoots were carried by the ammo-guy and then placed near the gun.