UT3 TITAN PACK DETAILS REVEALED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
As stated before, Epic could easily use stuff from the community. Wasn't there a pack that included MSUC winners for UT2004? And it's not like they couldn't change the art style; they did that with 2004 (slightly), right?

I think you're thinking of the Mega Pack right? That was released after the MSUC competition was complete. Phase 3 just started so it'll be a while before they do anything like that.

Gan Xodos

Feb 19, 2009
It's better when epic makes stuff as opposed to mods because it is more stable, more polished and immediately accessible for anyone that has an updated game.
Community Stuff not everyone has or has the time and will to look for...

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
The Stinger Turret isn't new. Eight of the maps aren't new.

The rest of the content looks alright. I'm looking forwards to the new maps, and the fixes.

The Eradicator is a new turret (SPMA). The Slow Field is a pickup (like UDamage), that surrounds the player.

I can't find a use for the Link Station or X-Ray Field. They seem to be useless or non-working?

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I can't find a use for the Link Station or X-Ray Field. They seem to be useless or non-working?

The link station heals nearby vehicles and nodes for you. The x-ray field (afaik) increases both damage dealt and damage taken.

The stinger turret isn't new in the sense that it sits on the leviathan. What's new is that it's now a deployable.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The Stinger Turret isn't new. Eight of the maps aren't new.
Five of those eight maps are new to the PC and Epic hasn't put the Stinger turret in any maps previously so it is new in that sense.
These aren't functional in the beta patch. They are missing models and code.

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
Just a question about the stinger turret. Is the one they mention the one that fires like the driver seat of the undeployed Levi? Or is it the crazy fast one on one of the passenger Levi turrets?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Retail is dead anyways. Have you seen the PC section at your local GameStop recently?

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
All that said, there's still plenty of software at my Walmart. Not quite as much as there used to be 4-5 years ago but hardly dead.

Miker

Master Mullet
I haven't been to a GameStop in probably half a year or so, seeing as how I don't have a console, so I definitely see the point about a new retail SKU not making much of a difference, especially when Steam is around. Having said that, it wouldn't hurt at all.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Retail is dead anyways. Have you seen the PC section at your local GameStop recently?

Have you seen the PC section on online retailers?
Also, PC sections here in Europe are often larger than the XBox360 and PS3 sections combined.

Anyway... re-releasing UT3 in physical retail is expensive. Specially considering Midway's current status.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
Also, PC sections here in Europe are often larger than the XBox360 and PS3 sections combined.

Uhm, I don't know in the Netherlands, but here in the UK the PC section of every shop is about half the smallest console section :(

PC games are sold mostly online nowadays...

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
The new weapons mentioned aren't the normal "hand-held" weps like the enforcer, bio, shock, ect?
I read Stinger Turret i thought about something like a giant stinger that you had to mount to shot...

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
rAt.8^].bAg;2256339 said:
What "status"? I've heard Midway has recently gone tits up and filed bankruptcy.

It's just chapter 11. The company is not dead until they file for chapter 7.
But that doesn't change the fact that Midway has a status.

Uhm, I don't know in the Netherlands, but here in the UK the PC section of every shop is about half the smallest console section :(

PC games are sold mostly online nowadays...

What!? Suddenly the UK wants to be included with the europe moniker? (just kidding :p )