UT2Vote53 Beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Looking good sofar.
I found that if you become server admin and then admin logout, ut2vote will declare the next game/mapchange is being made by an admin even though it looks like it's following the placed votes.

edit - very cool gui work on the server messages.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok what exactly is it you want defaulted to UAdmins way ?
Regarding the Menu operations, it should take, although maybe only on the next level, the changes are made with an internal Mutate command and thats pretty reliable.
I'll have another look and see if I can stabilize it a bit more.

I'll have a look at the Admin logout - thats serious.
Thanks on the Server Messages GUI, that was a real 'swine' to do for some reason :)

Thanks so far guys ;)

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
i don't need anything changed...just think most that use this will be used to uadmin's settings. the only thing i know of that would be able to be set would be the position. Setting it @ 75% as default would make it the same as uadmin uses. not a big deal at all. also..on the colors..is it possible/easy to incorporate the B=155,G=211,R=255,A=255 type values? again, not a big deal, just more versatility.. i think the message capability will make lots happy that have been wanting to ditch uadmin..

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The problem with the B=155,G=211,R=255,A=255 is its length which is 23 characters.
You will notice the current colors, none of the first letters are the same as I only Replicate the first letter to save space and time then reconstruct the colors again clientside.
With 30 messages thats 30 x 23 = 690 characters versus 30 characters.
Replication is a problem in such big mods as this.
The GameNames also is only 1 character, a pointer from 0 to maxgames.
What I can do is add it in but make it undocumented if you need to have an odd ball color that bad :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Imaginos, please check that when you logout as Admin when you have that problem that it displays 'You no longer have Admin Access' on the screen bottom.
This is important to know.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
After playing around a bit this morning I find it not really feasible to use the B=155,G=211,R=255,A=255 method of setting colors.
So maybe frogger if you have some special colors you use let me have them and we can give them a name.
Also when you say the message editing does not take sometimes, do you mean in the menu itself or is it that it actually did not take and is still the same color in the next level.
The updating of the menu is purley a bonus and I'm surprised it works at all, hence the reason for the Refresh button as sometimes the menu will not update after 5 seconds and there is only one shot at it, so try hitting the Refresh button and see if that works.
Maybe its because my test server is on a Lan, but the editing takes every time here.

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
ProAsm said:
Imaginos, please check that when you logout as Admin when you have that problem that it displays 'You no longer have Admin Access' on the screen bottom.
This is important to know.
That's never displayed at all, actually. On my servers, I have it set for serveradmins to be voteadmins. All we see is "xxx became a server administrator" and at logout: "xxxx gave up administrator abilities".

Update on reproducing what I saw though:

1) Become serveradmin: adminlogin xxxx xxxx
2) Open the UT2Vote menu with HOME key
3) Close UT2Vote menu
4) adminlogout to give up your admin status.
5) Open UT2Vote menu and hit the games button
- all hidden games are displayed
- allows you to vote any of those games
- if vote passes, it says admin changed to game xxx

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
ProAsm said:
After playing around a bit this morning I find it not really feasible to use the B=155,G=211,R=255,A=255 method of setting colors.
So maybe frogger if you have some special colors you use let me have them and we can give them a name.
Also when you say the message editing does not take sometimes, do you mean in the menu itself or is it that it actually did not take and is still the same color in the next level.
The updating of the menu is purley a bonus and I'm surprised it works at all, hence the reason for the Refresh button as sometimes the menu will not update after 5 seconds and there is only one shot at it, so try hitting the Refresh button and see if that works.
Maybe its because my test server is on a Lan, but the editing takes every time here.

regarding colors..i think we should add some more..i'll werk on getting some..

regarding the menu..i was not talking after level change..it says 'it may take 5 seconds to update...etc.'..sumtimes i would see the changes inplemented..sumtimes no..i did not verify on map change (i would assume that would always werk)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
Just ideas....

Yellow
Red
Violet
Green
Blue
Cyan
White
Silver
Gray
-------
Pink
Orange
Ivory r: 255 g: 240 b: 240
Mediumslateblue r: 123 g: 104 b: 238
Frogwood R: 255 G: 211 B: 155 (or any other made up name)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes the 5 second update is just something I added which works depending the the traffic, lag, ping, etc.
You need to hit the refresh several times as it does exactly what the timer does only at will.
I will leave the timer update but wont say anything.
The colors are no problem, I see you want some pastel colors - wildo :)

Imaginos, mmm yes ok you using AdminLogin xxxx xxxx - why do you guys use this, its very dangerous in UT2Vote.
What happens if you use the UT2VoteLogin xxx
I cannot control what the ServerAdmin does, I do try but its very difficult.
AdminLogout is a UT2004 command and NOT a UT2Vote command.
The only thing I can do is revert back to what is was in earlier versions where the ServerAdmin only has access to UT2004 options and VoteAdmin has access to UT2Vote options.
When you do a UT2VoteLogout it logs out both the VoteAdmin and the ServerAdmin, but when you do a AdminLogout then ONLY the ServerAdmin logs out and NOT the UT2Vote Admin.

** Edit **
Just had a look what I do.
I have a Keybind - X=Mutate UT2VoteLogin xxxxx
Now thats all I need as I hit X and I log in, then I hit X again and I logout.
The UT2VoteLogin Password is a toggle :)

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
ProAsm said:
** Edit **

i do the same...except i use adminlogin....

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Colors now are:

Yellow, Red, Violet, Green, Blue, Cyan, White, Silver, Gray, Pink, Ivory, SkyBlue, Slate, Orange, Frogwood, Brown.

Also the global YPosition has been dumped and each message now has its own YPos=

Any Message can now be placed anywhere on the screen, at any size and 16 different colors.

I have also added an additional ServerAdmin logout check, but if there are more than one ServerAdmin then it is a problem but this is rare.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
No because they are replicated as follows:
Silver = S
SkyBlue = K
Slate = T
;)

Question.
Do you guys remember why we changed the Kickvote default from 0 to 99 ?
I remember this was an issue and someone here brought it up.
Check the post on the General forum as it now seems to be a problem.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
only thing i can find...

ProAsm said:
UT2Vote52 Beta 5

This beta is mainly code re-writes and organizing.

A. The total number of maps per game has been lowered from 255 to 250.

B. The manner in which stuff gets Replicated to the client has gone thru a total overall.
The Replication has been split into 3 sections and sections 2 and 3 are only "reliable" if they are actually activated.
1. Normal maps, votes, game variables, playercount etc (important stuff)
2. Mutators, Games, Alternate Maplist, Player kick stuff.
3. All Clanmatch related stuff.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Thanks frogger, I see the last 6 or so replys in UT2Vote52B1 says it all.
Basically I asked because this forum is and always has been very slow for me and most pages timeout 90% of the time so searching for something can take hours.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
ProAsm said:
Imaginos, mmm yes ok you using AdminLogin xxxx xxxx - why do you guys use this, its very dangerous in UT2Vote.
What happens if you use the UT2VoteLogin xxx
I cannot control what the ServerAdmin does, I do try but its very difficult.
AdminLogout is a UT2004 command and NOT a UT2Vote command.
The only thing I can do is revert back to what is was in earlier versions where the ServerAdmin only has access to UT2004 options and VoteAdmin has access to UT2Vote options.
When you do a UT2VoteLogout it logs out both the VoteAdmin and the ServerAdmin, but when you do a AdminLogout then ONLY the ServerAdmin logs out and NOT the UT2Vote Admin.

** Edit **

I have always used binds for both too. It's just something that seems to have popped up in this beta - never been a problem before. I've always preferred to allow serveradmins in with voteadmin privilages since there's no shared password that way.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UT2Vote53 Beta 2

Extra colors
Total colors now are:
Yellow, Red, Violet, Green, Blue, Cyan, White, Silver, Gray, Pink, Ivory, Slate, Orange, Frogwood, Brown.
I will improve the actual coloring though.

ServerAdmin Check
Added everytime someone opens or closes a menu, UT2Vote will now check if the ServerAdmin logged out and if he did then all UT2VoteAdmins will also be logged out.
However, if there are more than one ServerAdmin then this function will not work.

KickBan
The problem with the Banning with Levels now set at 99 are still the same as this is needed (Socke) so I have made it that if the Admin clicks it up to the next one past MaxLevel it will restart at 0.

http://www.proasm.com/files/beta/ut2v53b2.zip