UT2Vote53 Beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UT2Vote Beta

I am currently working on UT2Vote53 Beta 1.
This will be a very short beta and I will only be concentrating on major bugs that have appeared in 52, such as the Reject/Restore buttons which seem to have vanished of which I have now received quite a few mails on.
If there is anything you consider serious enough to be done please say so asap.
This release will hopefully happen fairly soon.

*** Edit ***
Just throwing some ideas and suggestions around.
Regarding the extra Map Prefixes etc.
What I have done (untested) is if AltMapPrefix has more than one Map Prefix, UT2Vote now 'looks' in an ini file called UT2VoteAltMapList.ini for any appropriate maps for this game.
It currently works like this.
[UT2Vote53B1.UT2VoteAltMapList]
MapList=(MapName="DM-Whatever",GameClass="Whatever.Whatever")

Basically this now becomes VERY powerfull in that this list can have up to 32000 entries.
UT2Vote will select the 1st 250 maps that have the GameClass= the same GameGlass thats currently playing or if GameClass= is nothing, ie blank.

Just think for a while just how powerfull this can be if we also do this for the Main MapList.
You could now have 250/500 DM maps or a mixture of any prefix map for a Deathmatch game, and a seperate one for a TeamDeathmatch game, or have different CTFGame maps to what you want in InstaCTF for instance.
The possibilities become endless in what you could do.

The problem is how do we implement all this and still remain compatible with what we currently have in 5.2
I though maybe adding a UseUT2VoteMapLists=False in all the GameTypes, and if set to True, then these Maplists are used regardless of any other settings.

Any ideas, opinions, suggestions, or am I maybe just barking up the wrong tree :)

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
from 52 discussion..

Super_Sonic said:
is it possible to have more than 2 dam prefices under the same game type? e.g for invasion i want to show dm,ctf,ons and br maps

is this same as you address with the UT2VoteAltMapList.ini?

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
if you want to be very ambitious...server messages ala Uadmin would be juicy..it's the only reason many peeple are still using that unsupported mutator..

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes the post by Super_Sonic is all part of the UT2VoteAltMapList.
Anyway this may have to wait a while as going through it now it is a MAJOR code change and I dont want that in this version.

Regarding the Server Messages ala UAdmin, please give more detail and perhaps an example and I'll have a look see.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
basically you add lines to the ini (in this case the ut2vote.ini) for example here are mine..

CustomMessages=You Are Playing @ Frogger's Arcade
CustomMessages=Powered by www.Ribservers.com
CustomMessages=Your Fav Tam Maps Found On 'FAV TAM' Button
CustomMessages=Visit Us @ www.fragaholic.net

These are displayed above the chat area..the settings are as follows..

bEnabled=True
bDspInChat=False
bMsgBeep=False
iMsgInterval=30
fMsgDuration=10.000000
MsgColor=(B=155,G=211,R=255,A=255)

the most critical and difficult (IMO) is getting them displayed outside the chat area. Serverext displays them in the chat area and the feedback i have seen is that this is seen as inferior as it is lost in the game chat.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Any chance of a Screenshot ?

** Edit **
Just looking now, I can do this 2 ways.
Serverside:
In this way each player will see each message at the same time.
This may cause lag, depending on th number of players on the server.
This way may have to go in the chat message area and cannot change color.
Personally I would not like to do it this way - ServerExt is done this way.
Clientside:
This would start its sequence from the time the player logs onto the server.
Because UT2Vote already has a ClientClass half the code is already done which is used for the loggon message.
This code already comes complete with coloring and fading and size.
I would recommend the display is somewhere on the left side so one does not have to calculate line lengths etc.
Options you can have:
1. Text size
2. Text color
3. Text position
4. Text fading time

Messages in the ini file could be in the form of:
2,y,30,60,Welcome to Froggers server.

2 = Text size (default)
y = color (yellow)
30 = position in % from the top left down the screen.
60 = fade timeout in seconds.

Cannot promise all these options but what do you think ?

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
this sounds perfect..i'll try to dig up a screenie of what i run.. i think text size could go away if you just make it the same size as the chat text..but i hate to take away any options from an admin..also..i think the settings could be moved to a global set if that helps..but again..more options is bettererer...

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
a couple patches ago..uadmin's messages began changing size every once in a while..so the one shown here is actually bigger (almost double) what it was intended..normal chat size i think should be default..

messages.jpg

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
i don't think its a big deal if they aren't...but i think uadmin continues to run after game end..

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok, anyways I've made it an option.
Should have a beta ready for you to test today, maybe tomorrow, just putting some final touches to it like an ingame configurable menu.

:)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
sounds good..i won't be able to test til tomorrow (GMT+2) with that silly werk thing..but i'll try to beat it up this weekend..

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
I've reread the first post several times and I still can't get the idea straight in my own head.

I'd like to see the gametype array rebuilt a little differently so that gametypes could be reused with ease - i.e. a vanilla, then plus mut, plus multiple muts, vanilla plus different maxplayers= value.. etc.

I know.. just wishlist stuff is all.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes we are getting back to the problem where UT2Vote cannot reuse GameTypes like the built in Mapvote can.
This is something I need to look at one day as currently the only way is several GameMakes to achieve that.
But to re-write all that is a mamoth task which currently is too much shlep :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Beta 1

UT2Vote53 Beta 1

Ok here we go :)

1. Reject/Restore
Fixed the Reject and Restore buttons and functions.

2. Server Messages
Added a Server advertising Message section.
To do this some unused functions such as configuring with WebAdmin console commands needed to be dumped to make space.
These messages will display in the Clients window.
NB. Messages will not be displayed in the players Scoreboard.

Options and setup.
All configurations can be done from the ingame Menu which can be reached from the Admin Menu 'SvrMesgs' button.

General Options:
Interval
The time in between messages.
Duration
The duration in which the messages is displayed.
YPosition
The Y axis position in % from the top of the screen where the messages will be displayed.
bFading
If set to True, then the messages will fade for the whole duration of the Duration time.
bVoting
If set to True, the messages will be displayed during voting processes.
bGameEnd
If set to True, messages will be displayed at Game End.

Individual Options:
Code:
MesgInfo=(Enabled=True,GameName="DeathMatch",Center=True,TextSize=4,TextColor="Yellow",Message="< Welcome to my DeathMatch server >")
Just copy and paste this line for more messages.
NB. a maximum of 30 messages are allowed.
Enabled
If this is False, the message will not be displayed.
GameName
Copy and past the Game name here from the GameType string to make this message appear only in a particular game.
NB. The GameName must be identical to the one in the 'GameTypes='
NOTE: Should you wish the message to be displayed in all games then set GameName="All" or just leave it blank.
Center
If this is set to True, the the message will be displayed in the center of the screen.
TextSize
The TextSize can be from 1 to 5, with 5 being the largest.
TextColor
Each message can be a different color.
Colors are: Yellow, Red, Violet, Green, Blue, Cyan, White, Silver, Gray
The actual message that will be displayed.
NB. ',' commas and '\' back slashes are not allowed and will be removed.

The messages are loaded twice at the start of each game as sometimes the client does not get them when he first logs on.
The second load takes place immediately after the UT2Vote Logo has displayed.

http://www.proasm.com/files/beta/ut2v53b1.zip

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
this is werkin great...fwiw 75% is the same position as Uadmin uses..may want to change this to the default value. Otherwise..seems to be werking as i had hoped..:)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
one other thing i notice..when using the ingame menu for messages..i have tried several time to make changes (color in particular)..and find it intermintent as to whether it sticks or not.

Last edited: