1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal XP

Discussion in 'Unreal' started by Clavius, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Delacroix

Delacroix Successor of Almarion

Hmmm... maybe you got something overclocked in your PC... Maybe your hard drive causes a conflict?

2. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

Well, whatever's causing it it's evading me.

Hmm, changing the subject slightly, did UT2K4 come with most of the original Unreal u. packages like UT did?

3. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

no, none of them.

4. Delacroix

Engine change, bro... 2004 is based on UE2.5!

5. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

Oh yea, forgot about that...

...Wouldn't be too hard to import maps from Unreal though, would it?

6. Delacroix

Well, actually it would.

1) Either you wolud have to create your own single-player code or use an existing one with permission - single mods for UT2004 DO EXIST.

2) You would have to resize all levels - in their original size they would be to small for UT2004. (MOST IMPORTANT)

3) You would have to fetch the S3TC textures from UT99 CD2 as well as additional textures from RTNP (Castle.utx is the file that new RTNP tex's got into) and revamp them a bit...

4) Weapon GFX would also have to be updated.

5) You could use monsters from the UT2003 Bonus Pack - they got into UT2004 if I remember correctly.

6) This remake of Unreal would be ready to use. :p

7. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

Hmm, one for the back burner until UT2007 is released methinks.

8. Lynxx

Lynxx New Member

Just now changed my v209 unreal.ini to that and still need cd ..

9. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

Methinks you need to patch the game to 226f before it'll run without the CD.

10. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, you need a closing \.

So it should be C:\Unreal\System\

11. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

Hmm, was I thinking of Unreal or UT about that patch thing disabling the need for CD? I know it was one or the other.

12. Delacroix

Really, No CD patches are needless for U1, UT, UT2003, UT2004 - the official patches remove the check. You still need one of you don't like searching through your CD collections for: Unreal II (even if patched) and XMP Setup file, as they have not been officially released from this curse. I believe this is a form of punishment for having the original disc - the warez guys already have this unwrapped. I'll tell you something. Although i DO HAVE all Unreals in their legal versions, I still use cracks for U2 and XMP. I will NOT search through the entire CD collection for those CDs unless I need to just INSTALL the games. That's it. Screw that protection crap - I have a clean conscience no matter what does the EULA say (and EULA prohibits using cracks for whatever reason). Of course, people who use cracks for pirating games are just idiots cutting the branch they're sitting on - but if one has a legal version (like me, you all the others that appear here), one can use cracks freely - as long as one does not use these for illegal purposes.

Slim Vision - if you are searching for No CD 209, or sth like that - try special crack-sites. I'm not going to give you any URLs here on this forum.

13. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

Actually when I mentioned the patch I was refering to the official updates for th egames (I couldn't remember if either one or both of the last patches for Unreal & UT removed the CD check - haven't played either of them for a loooong time).

I do agree with you though, about no cd cracks. I find it highly irritating how these game developers spend thousands, if not more, on copy protection so pirates have a hard time pirating the software which comes back and hits the gamers who are playing perfectly legally right in the arse. Sure, okay, they can spend all their money on stopping pirates by implimenting cd copy protection, they can impliment serial numbers, cd checks whilst installing... All that I'm fine with. But do they really have to force you to pu the CD in the drive everytime you play? That's just annoying. And, let's face it, if a pirate wants to crack their smelly game, they will, and they do. All this copy protection is basically useless in the long term anyway... So what's the ****ing point? /rant

14. BarneyGumball

BarneyGumball Just Another User

My most FAVOURITE factor of Half Life 2...

but yes it does end up being kind of pointless...

15. Delacroix

Damn right, Slim Vision. That's why I don't play without a NoCD unless there isn't one. Quite simply, because I don't like being ***ed in the arse. Serial numbers - fine. CD Checks, even starforce on the setup... fine. CD Checks when running game - SOD OFF. That's exactly what I have to say to game developers. If they really wanna call me names because of that - be my guest. I'll keep doing what I'm doing. As long as I own the original discs, they shouldn't ***in' care.

16. dinwitty

dinwitty DeRegistered User

go get yourself one of these disc scratch grinder thingies and smooth the CD out.

The burned data is INSIDE the CD, not on.

There are for sale now these CD gloves...
    they stick to the CD bottom and allow the CD to play, but protects the surface.

17. Vhyndikator

Vhyndikator Man of the Sea

I have an 8800XT and my problem is the choppiness throughout the game simply because its going to fast... or really slowly like "moon walking." any ideas?

18. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

How much time passes from one state to another? And do you change anything while playing?

19. Vhyndikator

Vhyndikator Man of the Sea

Maybe 2 seconds at most during choppiness. In the intro sequence around Nali Castle, it will start slow, speed up to a point, then slow, all within about 3 seconds each time.

20. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Like it was said earlier, are you using 64bit CPU? If yes, disable it before playing or use the 64bit fix (found somewhere on the internet).