1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal XP

Discussion in 'Unreal' started by Clavius, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Vhyndikator

Vhyndikator Man of the Sea

Does it matter if it's ABLE to be in 64x mode? Everything Im running right now is in 32x, but it is an AMD 64 Athalon X2.

2. Lynxx

Lynxx New Member

Likely, you need to disable one core.

3. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

U1 and UT hate 64bit CPUs. Disable one before playing or search for a 64bit fix.

4. Vhyndikator

Vhyndikator Man of the Sea

2 things:

A. Pardon my ignorance, but how do you disable one core?

B. I have the last patch for unreal 1, and I would have thought that it would have the 64 bit fix in it.

5. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

Well, we're not actually gonna disable one core completely, but we're gonna tell Windows to run Unreal/UT only on one of the two cores. Go to Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), go to the Processes tab, find Unreal.exe or UnrealTournament.exe (whichever you're playing), choose Set Affinity, and then uncheck all CPUs except for one. This will make Unreal/UT run on only one of the two cores.

Also, the latest patch for Unreal was years ago, before anyone ever thought of bringing 64-bit computing to the home.

6. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep