Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) 4-Player Splitscreen

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I just find it hilarious how anuban sucks so much cock on epic forums, then comes here and complains about everything. Typical female lol, people have friends in real life (unlike anuban) and maybe JUST MAYBE they would like to play together if they don't have an xbox.I would sacrifice *welp* my kb/mouse to have some fun with controllers and my friends anyday of the week.
That kind of attack is unnecessary.

TheSomian

Freak
Dec 22, 2005
Germany
www.paythegame.net
i'm playing UT3 with friends in split-screen for some months. It's one of my favourite games, now, since it has split-screen mode :D just so fun, and most PC games don't have it for absolutely no reason. I play with two XBOX 360 wireless controllers, and everything just works. a shame, that epic didn't make this feature official and the game games for windows as they did with GoW (but the PC version of GoW was cut, too,so I didn't buy it and won't buy it until there is a way to re-enable split-screen) anyway, UT3 is great.
does anybody know if there is a way to enable controller vibration?

Last edited:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Isn't your post a a little bit contradictory?

Perhaps... maybe you could have worded it better than I.
I probably shouldn't have said anything at all.

Then again; I don't much post in BU's forums anymore because opposing points of view are constantly attacked as trolling, and if certain people don't like something that's said; it's instantly discredited.

Point being; these two consistently argue the same two points;
Anuban always thinks he's/she's right, and Crotale always thinks anyone who opposes Epic is a mindless idiot... and I was really only trying to point that out to them so they could see how much of an a$$ they tend to make of themselves.

I guess I better go find that ignore button...

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com

Then again; I don't much post in BU's forums anymore because opposing points of view are constantly attacked as trolling, and if certain people don't like something that's said; it's instantly discredited.

Anuban always thinks he's/she's right, and Crotale always thinks anyone who opposes Epic is a mindless idiot... and I was really only trying to point that out to them so they could see how much of an a$$ they tend to make of themselves.

Et tu?

Argue points... not the people making them.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Anyone knows how to get this working with PS3 controllers?
I have the drivers and can make them work with other games but UT3 is stubborn and doesn't allow me to set the keys correctly :( It would be very cool if someone can help me out, that way I could play UT3 with friends who come over :)
Funny how Anuban makes his post yet my case corresponds exactly to what he thought couldn't be a possible case (And it's one post above his first post too).
You know, when you have friends, you want to share your games when they come over. This "How-To" is a great opportunity to do so with UT3, and like others have said I'm one of many who would give up the keyboard and mouse setup just to be able to play with friends instead of just watching and taking turns playing.
Sure, the mouse and keyboard surpass the controllers for first person shooters, we all know that, but having friends surpass being alone and having your keyboard and mouse to play UT3 in your dark, cold basement.
I hope you see the point being made here, for your own sake. Or else I think we should all start to pity you. :(

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
And you... I can't begin to tell you how much you aggravate me with your constant brown-nosing. I'm incredibly happy for you that you feel as much love for Epic as you do, but give it a damn rest! You're not Epic's knight in shining armor, and you sure aren't saving the face of Epic by jumping in and writing posts like the ones above.
People are allowed to have their opinions about Epic and UT3 and nothing you can say or do will change that.
No, but I do get weary of the constant bashing. In this case, it is either from those who simply do not care for anything to do with a controller or those who want to bash any PC player who might consider using a controller. Last I heard, you can play the game with either. This is why I have an issue. Some folks think that "their" way of playing the game is the "only" way to play and/or be good at it. If you do any different, you automagically become a noob and a loser.

As for being some brown-noser or alleged white knight wannabe, I am neither. I have publicly voiced my disdain with issues relating to UT3 and for that I am no different than you or anyone else in that regard. But, I do not go out of my way to continually bash the company, unlike many others who feel the need to take every single opportunity to do so.

I don't know why you think the posts you make defending Epic are considered any more intelligent or mature than anyone else, but give it a rest... it's old.
Hmm, I do not remember making any such claim. But okay, since you are the anointed ruler, obviously, I'll give it a rest.

Granted I know that you're going to take this post as an attack, and you're going to write full page essays about what a jerk I am, and how Epic is "teh l33t"... but if you're not going to listen to me, pay attention to the other people who get some credibility and respect around here;
When did I ever say "Epic is teh l33t?" In this case, I was merely pointing out the irony of Anuban's "hypocrisy" claims.

Geez, I'm really sorry for ever signing up and posting on here. I'm going to make a serious effort to just go away.

Blue Ion

Silent User
May 14, 2005
Spain
I always wondered why developers disable perfectly good working code for the pc.
Barely anyone plays split screen? Well, fair enough, but...
I could bet removing code from the game is more costly than giving it as is.
The reason I hate this practise is because I don't own either a PS3 or a 360 and even if I did, I find it stupid pay for the same game again just to play split screen a couple of times. I have friends also but moving the whole computer to another house for a lan party is too much troublesome, and besides, theirs is already too outdated.
When playing single player I get to use keyboard and mouse, but with friends we get a bunch of controllers and have fun for while.

I don't know how much time did I spend playing Serious Sam with 3 other friends.
I've even had a blast playing unreal cooperatively and because I've got two monitors, the size of the screen wasn't much of an issue.

Another case is gears of war. Another friend owns the PC game, but not the 360. The whole effort was done yet split screen disappeared.

Last edited:

NoData

May 17, 2008
Anyone knows how to get this working with PS3 controllers?
I have the drivers and can make them work with other games but UT3 is stubborn and doesn't allow me to set the keys correctly :( It would be very cool if someone can help me out, that way I could play UT3 with friends who come over :)
Well, you need to edid the .ini manually, and that for each controler. It's well, painfull. As i said in the epic forum thread, i managed to get both of my PS controler using a PStoUSB converter. See that thread for more info on how to bind buttons for the other controler;
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=25451729&postcount=135

Default Windows input cannot not differentiate inputs. Blame Microsoft :lol:
:) Well, in a perfect world, UT3 should be release on linux, then you could try splitscreen using MPX! :D

anyone know if this works online? It would be great for admin spectating...
You can't join any games while in splitscreen, but you can host a listen server. Others online/LAN players can join the fun, spectator or player. It work.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Its hilarious ... I rarely witness such hypocrisy but its so funny. Anyway like I said it is a cool thing for certain setups and congrats are in order ... wonder why no one bothers to quote that?

Blue Ion

Silent User
May 14, 2005
Spain
Wow, now I think about it.
Do you think that maybe, JUST maybe, Gears of War may also have these options in there?
Splitscreen on UT3 is somewhat limited because of the insane pacing of the game and console controles are in inferiority (perhaps with slower game like the consoles) but SplitScreen on GOW...
That would rock

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000

Have you really been paying attention to the forums? Crotale lately has just been saying "We know there are problems now shut up" not "Epic can do no wrong". Most of us are getting sick of all the moaning and groaning.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
When did this become whingereal tournament?

Anyway, It super cool that some creative person has put time and effort into figuring out how to make split screen possible on a PC. People shouldn't be pissing on that for their own petty little "nanana PC is better, blah blah blah Console is better" ego reasons. It just ain't nice.

Given how poorly this game is doing online, I'm happy that ANY mods and tweaks are being made for this at all and support all that creativity!

Last edited:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Have you really been paying attention to the forums? Crotale lately has just been saying "We know there are problems now shut up" not "Epic can do no wrong". Most of us are getting sick of all the moaning and groaning.

As have I, and that was the point of my post... maybe you weren't paying attention?

No matter.

Anuban & Crotale;
I apologize for even opening my mouth. It's become apparent to me that there is a standard here, and either you are part of it or you are not. I'm not.
I'll remove my post immediately.