1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Evolution for UT3

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Sir_Brizz, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I can help with translator log writing. Unless you guys are just going to copy everything over.

2. KillerSkaarj

KillerSkaarj Art for swans is dope!

God knows how much I want to help, but simply put, I have no experience in modelling high-poly models, making maps in UEd4, or coding in general, of which I only have small experience in UE1 Uscript.

3. Hakamitokage

Hakamitokage New Member

I would enjoy helping, if I could. Maybe as my 4th-year uni project :)

4. Kazimira

Kazimira Necris Fan

I think I can help voiceing the translator files I know it would be cool for some to be voiced if thats what you want.

5. Diehard

Diehard New Member

Ah, ok, i didnt read back, just replied to what you wrote :)

6. KillerSkaarj

Okay, I think what the pack needs is modified, or "remixed" versions of the original music. You know, music that will help fit the high-tech graphics, while still keeping the feeling of Unreal. It should be easy, having played the game practically my whole life.

So far, I've "remixed" the main part of DigSh... let me say that I think I can handle it. Add me to the list for Music.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  7. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

This thread is getting a little unwieldy for assistance requests. From now on if you're interested in helping please email me at sir_brizz@beyondunreal.com.

I want to post a screenshot but I'm hesitant to do it yet. The main part of NyLeve that I'd like to show an "early" shot of would be the waterfall area but we haven't really finalized our ideas there yet.

8. Diehard

Diehard New Member

Maybe redo your very first post and add the mail adress and the site involving, so its easyer for people to follow progress. The site is now posted somewhere at page 6 i believe. Better modify the first post a bit.

9. KillerSkaarj

Ooh, hopefully it's a lot more like Nyleve than the one that was made for UT2K4. Not only that, but the Vortex Rikers in that version was even more unrealistically small.Besides that, I await to see what you've done :)

10. Sir_Brizz

Actually, Mons might want to post the screens he took of Rikers. We actually compared them and they are almost the same size if there is just the one cell block.

11. KillerSkaarj

Wait, compared to your Rikers or the one I mentioned?

12. Sir_Brizz

I'm talking about the original Rikers.

13. jackrabbit

jackrabbit New Member

this project definitly has caught my attention (finnaly). Well, I think I can speak for the majority of the people here when I say that maybe its time for a public screenshot (regardless of how barren it might look) so you can get some public feedback ASAP

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  14. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

It was a direct copy, absolutely. The only place it wasn't a direct copy is exactly the first map, VRikers. IMO it's the best one as it at least uses static meshes... And the only one Dots tried to actually recreate, not copy. As I see, he gave up after VRikers, and I can't blame him, that's a really hard task. Also, I can't talk about the weapons sounds, because, like I've mentioned, I use a weapon replacement mutator and use UT2004 stock ones :)
    Even if you don't like the person, it doesn't mean you have to dislike the mods. BC also isn't a great forum poster, but hey, his mods are pretty neat.
    You can't say Dots mods are all bad too. For example, in UT2004 he also made a scoreboard for completing levels in lowest times and recording the records. It's really widely used now, and the most popular Trials server use it. Also, look at his Vehicles mod in Unreal - it's also great, even up to the point that it will be natively-supported by the 227 patch.

15. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Curing the infection...

Heres an idea, why not let the community help out with this?

Publish the text along with extra info like if its day or night and let people record it on their webcams, mobilephones or whatever. Im sure theres some Unreal fans with acting dreams ;)
    Then run them through a filter and import them into UE3.

It would be great to have visuals and sound this time around.

16. Kazimira

Kazimira Necris Fan

Saves me haveing to get a load of people for diffdrent voices if the guy OKs it but that would be amazeing. Still the guys got to OK it.

17. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

THAT VORTEX RIKERS map was NOT made by dots, look at author of the map, he has taken it from somewhere else, of one abandoned project and has used many other files without even asking the authors, I remember there being a fuzz about it at UnrealSP.
    And it was not real copy, he merged the map with beta versions of maps, he changed too many things, he made skaarjs too fast and powerful, etc etc.....and the bugs and that lock mode, it is even bad that it included that and also that it crashed your game on purpose if you tried opening the map....

And his vehicles mod, I don't like it that much as well, because its nothing like original vehicles.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  18. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD fart

Could we add the feature to dual wield Automags? Since the code is already there for dual wielding Enforcers. I think this would be a welcome addition.

19. KillerSkaarj

I'm no moderator, but how about you just leave it alone? And how are you so sure he didn't ask permission? Did you make the map? Didn't think so. Drop this discussion.

20. Diehard

Diehard New Member

I second that.....