1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Evolution for UT3

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Sir_Brizz, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Today I've decided to start organizing an Unreal remake for UT3 that I'm (tentatively) calling Unreal Evolution.

Obviously, this is an enormous project to undertake, so I've decided it should probably be done in small sections and released in sections as well.

I'm planning to support level streaming, co-op, and lots of other things as well.

To do this, I'm going to need a lot of content authors. The code will probably be fairly straight forward, but there is a lot of content to make. As an introductory pass I want to remake NyLeve's Falls (it's the first complex map) in UT3.

If you want to help, let me know. We mostly need modelers, texture artists, skinners, animators but we can also use the help of coders and mappers (we have some mappers). Drop me a PM with an example of something you've made before possibly if you are at all interested.

Hope to see some positive response!

2. Lethargy

Lethargy Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

I would love to see this turn out well :)

3. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

That would be awsome

I'd happily do whatever I could to help

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  4. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

Poop Bruzz.

5. Fuzz

Fuzz Enigma

Splendid idea, I really like it. I must finish the Unreal mod for UT2k4 I have installed. Basically it's the Unreal beta with some non-linear gameplay. It feels non-linear because some things are in a different order, but they might be linear anyway. To find out I have to try to complete the maps in another way.

Will you do the beta or the original game?

Will you bring everything to the quality standards of UE3 while keeping the game essentially the same?

6. Sir_Brizz

That's the plan. Not sure what "version" of the game we'll base it on.

7. Lethargy

Lethargy Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

I'd hope so... we certainly don't want it brought to the quality standards of UT3.

8. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Burn!

Sounds like a lot of work. Count me out! :p

glhf, though. :)

9. zynthetic

zynthetic robot!

I could translate the original music into the current dynamic system. MP doesn't do it much justice, imo it would shine in SP. If this was an original Unreal inspired SP I would gladly offer up originals. I'm not very interested in rewriting or remixing Unreal music since the general response from this would be "I like the original better", which I understand.

10. jasposfagot

jasposfagot My opinion is My opinion, Yours is Yours

[​IMG]

It would be much more fitting to remake Unreal2 than Unreal, as UE3 seems to be pumping out the fail on the PC, UT3, GOW, etc, etc, so remaking another fail, Unreal2, makes sense.

Either way, I really don't think this will get far, if it even gets off the ground for starters, but if you are going to give something a try, why not go original, lot more work, but may appeal to more people, and there really isn't that many people left to choose from these days.

I see it a bit like this,

[​IMG]

unless you have more than 1 penis of course.

11. Sir_Brizz

Yes! A thread in the UT3 forum, let's bag on it :rolleyes: give it up, fools.

This would interest a lot of people, and it would get people to buy UT3 for sure. I don't care if it gets them online, doing something like this would hopefully improve the community.

I don't want to go original. I'd have to recreate even more assets, do something that would interest people (this implicitly interests people, while my idea may not), and come up with end to end design whereas in this case the design itself is already done.

So you go right ahead and continue whining about UT3 instead of trying to do something about it. Good work.

12. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

I think if there's sufficient time and desire someone will probably make their own new stuff with the content. "Bonus levels" or what have you.

13. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

I for one love the idea, and wish you the best of luck.

One question though, are you planning to make it work with mutators? Olskool Amped (UT) did that and i must say it was good, gave me reason to play it many times with a different twist.

14. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Curing the infection...

15. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Sounds interesting Brizz, I'd be interested in doing some work on this, be it modelling, animating or mapping.

16. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

I think that the idea is great:

But, what is the purpose of this thread? Is it to recruit people, to plan the mod, or just to find out what people think about the idea? I just think that you need to be clear what stage of developement you at if you want this to be successful.

17. NeoNite

NeoNite Eternal sunshine

That's a very ambitious idea. I hope it will get the needed attention/interest. Not trying to sound negative, but how realistic is this. But if you don't give it a try, you'll never know what might/could have been...right.

Good luck, I'm sure many would like seeing this become reality.

18. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Member

Best of luck cause you're sure going to need it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  19. Sir_Brizz

Recruiting and to see what people think. So far there has been a lot of positive response.

20. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

sounds like a good idea. I hope that the project will actually get some things done instead of having "yeah, we'll do this this and this" and finally it's dropped when they realize the huge task that is demanded.