Unreal 95 / 97 Alpha Research

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
And do you have this map, Leo? Is it something that will be able to be converted and played at some point? :)
More or less it can be converted, but because of the game's different behavior and player height it won't feel the same. I already converted siobhan, and used a cheap trick of adding a playerpawn with altered height so it will feel more or less same.
Still it won't feel quite the same mind you. Player physics to lighting to tag system, all has been changed quite heavily and that's also why those take more time to convert, and quite frankly they will feel dull as opposed to running them in original.
Seti has a large pillar room at the beginning which uses LE_StormCast lighting effects coming from the sky. This is not present in any of the later versions, thus this lighting effect cannot really be replicated properly. I'll have to do some extensive modifications to these maps much later for the unreal psx project.
Also each of the two maps had only one enemy in it, because it wasn't yet finished and because it slowed the game down considerably if there were more on screen and you could freely summon monsters back then anyway to try different situations, even specify their distance from you when spawning.
But don't worry, the raw conversions of those will still come.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Ah, that's awesome. I thouht you actually need the beta build's executable.
Why would that be the case? I mean that's the case with the original maps but not conversions. Only the 0.871d to 0.874d conversions i did you need to have of course 0.874d to run them. But the new conversion, august and septembers, are both meant for regular Unreal.

iLikeTheUDK

Apr 18, 2011
Why would that be the case? I mean that's the case with the original maps but not conversions. Only the 0.871d to 0.874d conversions i did you need to have of course 0.874d to run them. But the new conversion, august and septembers, are both meant for regular Unreal.

Ah, my bad. I don't recall you saying these were conversions.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
96cryptmapconv.rar
The 96 crypt map conversions finally. Requires UPB-Crypt2 from upsx rework. Standalone link for downlod this texture package is UPB-Crypt2.rar
It has malethree playerpawn in each map, why is that is to lower his height to be more or less the same like it was in the 96 version so your head won't get stuck in few places. Also..velocity is increased in siobhan and seti to provide for the different jump behavior(sadly you cant set jumpz in defaultproperties of the playerpawn without it resetting when the map loads) and there is no "mantle" like movement in regular Unreal anyway so it has to be this way.
The movers acted differetly, the "MoverTime" was MoveTime later but the time was different, same with stayopentimed, i usually did half of the value so the behavior is more or less same but with stayopentime it seems to be go even higher, so with some lifts you need to be a bit patient for them to return now.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
defaultunrmapsproto.rar
Converted default unreal.unr maps from three proto versions, i only bothered to do this with maps that had actual textures/theme. I realize some textures have duplicates here in regular packages like mine etc but for this time I wanted a more or less raw conversion without detailtexturing.
The 083 map used still he additive geometry method heavily. I had to use the trick to make that working(also present in 227, but the gemetry wanst rebuilt under 227, only with the "l" version the lighting was for a bit different effect).

xBRYAN2000x

Betatester
Jul 2, 2013
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
Eightball Screenshot in Unreal back in Early 1997

I PRESENT TO YOU!
1003988_359706954158553_140665581_n.jpg

The Eightball
I Found this on a Unreal Article from Early 1997
i also know that Most of the stuff from the UNBIBLE were from the Beta in April 1997 but we dont have that anyway, wasnt leaked yet.

And the eightball only has a diffrent fps view position and its quite the same as the Retail Unreal except for its position.
More stuff i find comming soon,

Stay Tuned
- xBRYAN2000x

xBRYAN2000x

Betatester
Jul 2, 2013
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
Your Welcome!

Corrected.
In the other case, thank you Bryan.

Your Welcome, oh BTW
For those of you that think Unreal didnt start making Multiplayer till 1997
I Know Epic started working on the Multiplayer in Early 1996

In Unreal 0.83 (With Only 4 Maps Found)
The Woman Player Class is the Player Class
and that Woman Model has no animations
It may have multiplayer idk.

Its useful with Gatekeeper (GateCli.exe)
which theres a new code if anyone is very good at visual basic i might need help to compile it and PM me the link

If you want these builds PM me or LeoTCK and me or Leo will send you the link.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Leo, did you convert the maps from these builds yet? :)
Ugh, I already posted all the conversions of maps that were there. Including the unique unreal.unr maps. There was nothing else, at least not in those builds as they were not full betas.

Status
Not open for further replies.