Sweet Sweet Candy...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

You're all gay and stupid.
Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
what are the advantages to using the 1911? we've already got a socom that goes above and beyond what it does. the only one i can think of right now is a lighter bulk? maybe it'll have a faster firing rate...cuz if not then i dont see why anyone would use it other than sentimental value since the mk23 is obviously a better military handgun in terms of craftsmanship

Last edited:

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
At the risk of honking you off..........who cares? I think some of the weapons in INF are much better than others IRL; craftsmanship, shootability, recoil, stability of platform, etc. If you don't like it, don't add it and don't put it in your loadouts. Besides, if some poor sap (Domino :D ) uses it, and can't hit you and you are using the MK23, you should be able to waste him, thereby saving the day, your team and the match. :D

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
DamienW said:
Guys, don't take it the wrong way. Freon is not the best english speaker around. In french, amateur doesn't mean anything bad, it just means "not paid for what they do", nothing more. I'm sure he didn't mean it in the more insulting english meaning.
I don't think that's why they're laughing. Since this is the primary meaning of amateur, even for a native english speaker:
am·a·teur
n.

1. A person who engages in an art, science, study, or athletic activity as a pastime rather than as a profession.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ said:
what are the advantages to using the 1911? we've already got a socom that goes above and beyond what it does. the only one i can think of right now is a lighter bulk? maybe it'll have a faster firing rate...cuz if not then i dont see why anyone would use it other than sentimental value since the mk23 is obviously a better military handgun in terms of craftsmanship

I thought about too and I´m not a fan of the 1911, but I think it fits great in INF as a sidearm. We have the Mk23, everybody knows that it is a better pistol.
Due to Mk23´s weight it is more accurate, but it is much bigger and heavier than the 1911.
Sprinting and running with the aimed Mk23 costs more stamina.
The heavier ammo (as the ammo from 1911) is heavier.
All in all the full equiped Mk23 (I mean the gun and ammo) increases your bulk overall.

The 1911 is a slim and light pistol, still .45, but only 8 shots.
Well as a sidearm for emergency it is perfect. The pistol itself is lighter, the ammo is lighter, so you can arm yourself with this pistol and still have less bulk.
Ok, only 8 shots, but as mentioned it is just a sidearm which comes in use only rare and otherwise you wont notice carrying this pistol cuz it is light.
So I think this pistol is something we need in INF.

I personally will use it. Because an full "ammoed" M16A2, helmet, IIvest, and grenades is too much to have the Mk23 as sidearm. M9 is too weak, 5/7 is very good due to armorpiercing stuff and 20 shots, but it is still weak.
So if I don´t really need a sidearm, but still want to have something when my weapons jamms... lol, no I mean when it is dry, than, the 1911 is a perfect decision.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Freon said:
I don't think that's why they're laughing. Since this is the primary meaning of amateur, even for a native english speaker:
am·a·teur
n.

1. A person who engages in an art, science, study, or athletic activity as a pastime rather than as a profession.
Can only second that... I myself and the whole INF team are amateur game designers if you want to name it this way. Some of us are doing almost the same job for the mod team as they do in RL but none of us is working in the games industry. So we are amateurs too.
And nothing against the Infiltration Mod Team... but they are even more amateur then we are if you compare the actual experience they and we have in doing such things.
So, calling them amateur is nothing wrong and nothing that someone should take personal cause it is simply the truth.

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
Sorry, but freon and i have never been on good terms, for he never has anything nice to say in things i'm involved in. And fyi, i am actually trying to make this my profession.

And also, there's something called connotation, that's different from denotation. So don't try and talk me down with pathetic dictionary meanings cuz i'm a linguist.

Hurry up, i want to play the cool new maps with the nice additional arsenal! :)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The INF team is maybe amateur, but they do professional work. Even all the good payed devs like Ubi (or whoever did the Raven Shield crap) can´t do it better, they just have more time.

Hmm, in that case I´m an amateur INF player :D

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
If your going model the M1911, its kind of outdated. What you want to model for the modern version of it would be the Colt Mark IV in either the government ( 5 inch barrel ) or the Combat Commander ( 4 1/4 inch barrel, my favorite since I own one ). Comes in blued or stainless steel. Mines stainless steel. I'll try to get some pictures of it uploaded. Also try to get some pictures of my Egyptian AKM uploaded for modelling.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Logan, please stop join discussion you know nothing about. The 1911 was suggested, and suggested again, and again again and again by Domino and a few other forumers. I'm not sure they care what version goes it. We all know it's old, but now they're happy and will stop whining. Don't resurrect that old debate ;)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It will be the oldest gun in INF, but it is sure, that the 1911`s of our day are modernized versions, with improoved trigger and so on... I hope you guys didn´t implemented the 1911 used in WW2?
But if you implement a Mosin Nagant rifle, I will be happy :D

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Well sorry, I only read about the first two pages, 5 pages was a little much to read. But what I'm saying is, like psychomorph says, please don't bring in the old war war II M1911. At least make it the M1991, or better the newer Mark IV. Actually, I just saw the other day some version Colt made for the marines that was awesome, but I caught the tell end of the show and they never said what it was. Something very new. But I'll upload picks of my Mark IV Combat Commander if anyone wants them for modelling/skinning. And if you don't like em, you don't have to use em.

Cavalier889

Mar 14, 2001
"Well sorry, I only read about the first two pages, 5 pages was a little much to read. But what I'm saying is, like psychomorph says, please don't bring in the old war war II M1911. At least make it the M1991, or better the newer Mark IV."

I don’t see what the M1911’s age has to do with including it in Infiltration. Consider how many were built over the years. I imagine that there are still a phenomenal number of these pistols available to the military forces of third world countries around the globe. In fact, I think it is far more likely that you would run into terrorists, rebels, freedom fighters, whatever, armed with AK47s and M1911s than Sig551’s and Mk23’s. As a realistic weapon for this setting, I think the M1911 is perfect. It may not be as sexy as newer pistols, and it isn’t perfect (being single action and having a floating firing pin are not great features), but it is incredibly rugged, reliable, easy to field strip, and widely available. I seriously doubt that the newer models are as wide spread as the older versions, and yes, even old WWII vintage models. IMO, I think the 1911 could have easily have been included earlier, and I would use it instead of a Beretta any day.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Guys, this is a totally different debate, a debate we have had going for eons. Go dig out the old threads if you have to, but let's not do this again, here.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Did I miss something here or is the 1911 not for sure going to be in the bonus pack.. I mean I saw pics of it in game so I'm assuming it IS in game ust oging through tweaking...

What's the point in demanding to keep something from coming out once it's gotten this far? I mean I'd love to have ANY weapon in the INF armory. I don't care what it is (as long as it's not TOO out of sync like a gatling rocket launcher or something). Give me your oldn your out dated, your obsolete weapons, and I will give you a satisfied INF player :D