1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stuff you just bought thread V2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kantham, Jan 22, 2008.

1. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

Please tell me you say, 'Hello to my little friend' everytime you get it out :)

2. Igoy

Igoy dea ex machina

I'm a long standing forum member, it's not exactly difficult to figure out I'm not in my teens, or that Hughes Marques is another forum member. Do you actually pay attention to anything on the forums? Regardless Carbon, it's all very passive aggressive, isn't it? You may not be insulting me directly but it's very much implied. The phrase 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all' rings true here... but maybe I should get that tattoo'd on myself too. ;)

Anyway.

I did a Carbon and got new glasses. It's like going from SD to HD when I put my glasses on. Hooray for the gift of sight.

[​IMG]

3. Deathmaker

Deathmaker Balanced

Oh yes, in the most (un)convincing Al Pacino voice ever!! :minigun:

Had to buy this today & as the tumble dryer belt snapped:
    [​IMG]
    It was such a bargain as it came with free bloody knuckles, a shed load of expletives and very nearly a free divorce. Also my son's arm now makes him look like a self harmer, lol.

Also, four of these Li-on 14500, relatively cheap and not the best out there but they do what I need them to do well enough:
    [​IMG]

4. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Thanks Igoy! It took about three hours once we nailed the design down (I'd mapped it out pretty much myself, but it needed tweaking to actually look good).

5. igNiTion

igNiTion here

I was going to buy a white xbox one (sunset overdrive bundle) because there was one left in stock across the street, but I waited a couple days and now it's gone. :( Not coming back in stock anywhere, and its sold out everywhere. Kind of wish I had gotten it, especially cause it's now being resold for ~$150 above asking price.

[screenshot]https://d3cw3dd2w32x2b.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SunsetOverdrive_060.jpg[/screenshot]

What I did just buy was a new control pod for my ~6 year old z2300 speakers.

[​IMG]

6. Carbon

Carbon Altiloquent bloviator.

My photo was of my glasses.

Enjoy yourself.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  7. HugoMarques

HugoMarques ☆☆☆☆☆

I don't know who this Hughes Marques is, but he sounds like an insecure, creepy peeping tom guy with no life whatsoever.

Since I wanna stay on-topic today I bought a three-pack of this:

[​IMG]

8. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

I'll stay on topic as well.

I bought some ties. I got a couple job fairs lined up so getting my dress game tightened up. I'll post pics when I get home from work.

9. Deathmaker

Deathmaker Balanced

Was it to replace a faulty original controller or is it an upgrade, if the latter, any noticeable difference & in what respect? I have a couple of sets of Z4's which are quite similar & I'm using one of them to drive my Senns.

10. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

i got a new toothbrush AYYYYY YEEEE

11. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

NIIIIIICE!

12. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

[​IMG]

yesssssss.

the butthurt is strong with this one.

13. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

You bought a Palpatine poster?

14. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

the last thing I bought was 2 tickets to see LeBron James kick the Nuggets ass.
    view from our spot:

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/FHtIUVW.jpg[/screenshot]

and video I took @ halftime.
    the Broncos Demaryius Thomas was sitting courtside and came out to try and do the behind-the-head half court shot. then LeBron and friends take the court again for a moment. my girlfriend laughs at my inability to hold the phone steady...

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNF2XjYFIw4[/m]

15. igNiTion

igNiTion here

Replacement...Original one had been cutting out a channel unless I fiddled with the wire a lot, I eventually cut it off to splice a new one but that didn't go over so well.

I haven't gotten it yet, I'll update when I do.

16. Carbon

Carbon Altiloquent bloviator.

We use the words we know I suppose.

There is no sense trying to oppose a female on a hugely male-dominated forum who after facing rational (and non-personal) opposition to her idea resorts to deflection and accusation, then follows with a 'cute' photo of herself under some weak pretense.

What can you do? Maybe BU is a place where women can come to enjoy the fruits of inequity? Seems so with charming truths like this coming out:

I said my opinion on the topic of her tat, and now that it has become both childish and personal, I take my leave. Win the battle but lose the war; at least I am no hypocrite.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  17. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

You both drag this on more than Drake drags on missing his exes.

18. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

I bought some brushes and a set of the basic colours aquarel. I've been drawing mainly with a black ballpoint pen (and it's tons of fun, the details you can add to a drawing!) and colored pencils (staedler, but I'm also searching for the prisma kind.. More expensive but the possibilities...!)

I'm having a good time =)

19. Igoy

Igoy dea ex machina

Why are you being so pedantic Carbon? You appear to be the only person here who's getting uppity.

:lol: Sorry dude, I was reciting your name from memory and we've not had a lot of interaction on the forums before. Thanks for keeping it in good jest though.

You answered your own sentiment; there is no sense trying to oppose a female on a hugely male-dominated forum. But not because of white knighting, but because you're kind of being a tool for no apparent reason. You can dress it up as you like, but you were being indirectly rude. But it's fine, you're new, all the newbies seem to think they're going to make friends by being an ass to me. You'll discover in your own time that I am charming. And again, long standing.

And no need for the quotations. I am fucking adorable.

EDIT: The last thing I bought was a sandwich. And very nice it was too.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  20. [GU]elmur_fud

[GU]elmur_fud I have balls of Depleted Uranium

Not interested in getting into the middle of this argument especially when I haven't been following it but having drawn nearly 100 tats for people by now, let me spin some perspective from my own experience on the initial regret notion. The ones people tend to regret are those that they apply no thought too. Like SO's names and/or faces, tats picked off a wall or out of a book, or tats received while drunk. Also poorly done tattoos but for entirely different reasons. Of course the regret aspect may not even play into things anymore for all I know. So moving on...

I bought frozen strawberries and blueberries, fresh bananas and kiwis, and strawberry yogurt. I tossed them all in the blender and made a damn tasty smoothie... and a mess. But it was worth it. Much better then some other methods of getting antioxidants.