StarCraft II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I must be the only who doesn't care about getting into beta. I never signed up lol.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I am still seeing reports from people that were in today's wave of opt ins that they never got an email. They had to log in to battle.net in order to see that they were let in. So make sure you log into your battle.net account to check.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
SC2 gets $100 dollar CE

The amount of stuff you get with it, especially for a first time player is holy crap

Bad news is the normal version is joining the ranks of the ever growing $59.99 crowd. PC gamers can kiss the $49.99 price point goodbye pretty shortly. Wonder if the next 2 games will be the same price? Surely not.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
$59 isn't that much of a big deal when you buy a decent product. It's not always happening. For the amount of polishing and work done in SC2, I'm fairly sure I'll be enjoying the $59 spent.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I'm probably going to buy the Collector's Edition :X

starcraft2collectora_21401_screen.jpg

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I won't be buying it for $60. There are very few games that justify $50, I'm not going to spend $10 more than that no matter how long this game could last.

Apr 11, 2006
I won't be buying it for $60. There are very few games that justify $50, I'm not going to spend $10 more than that no matter how long this game could last.

Yep, although Blizzard games tend to stick at their high price points for a long time. Insert example of Wal-Mart selling Diablo 2 copies for $50 ten years after it was released.

I'm most interested in the campaign and what will come from the map editing community for SC2, so it won't hurt to wait a couple months and see if it comes down.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
You won't be buying it not because of the price, but because you have already stated that you aren't really into the game. Are you also saying that you wouldn't pay an extra 10 dollars even if it gave you 100x more out of a game? The cost for this game unlike mw2 is completely justified as I see it.

[screenshot]http://i46.tinypic.com/raxog7.jpg[/screenshot]

^And that was in 2002. So technically they aren't really upping the price of their games like Activision did for MW2.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

You sure sound like some kind of Anti-activist like JaFo or you're really broke. You'll have to get on with the system or just stay under a rock. Especially if this additional 10 is going to be a reality in nearly every PC games on the market nowadays.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Another thing that helps the $60 price tag out is that Blizzard actually balances and updates their games after they are out and does it well. Look at the last version of the patches for Warcraft and Starcraft 2010 and 2009.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I bought Warcraft 3 right after it came out

for $50.

I might be able to do the same with this game, but just because it has "value" doesn't mean we should be okay with a higher price point. I'm not terribly interested in the game but I know I will enjoy the campaign at the very least. Plus I respect the level of polish Blizzard gives their games, but it remains to be seen when I will want to buy it.

And, Kantham, if games start going to $60 on PC in general, I will simply stop buying them when they come out and wait for the price to drop. There is no reason for a PC game to cost the same as a 360/PS3 game.

Plenty of companies patch and support their games for a long time after they release. Just because other companies don't have endless coffers of money doesn't mean they are giving unreasonably short levels of support for their games.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Console games cost $80 (when you count taxes) here. So $59 (around $70 with taxes?) is a bit funny, even though it's only $10 below it. Meh, not into buying console games anyway, I just rent them, finish them, and be done with it.

I know I'll play SC2 A LOT if I buy it, on the opposite of you.
Considering a music show can cost the same price it's certainly not a rip off. Oh and some restaurants... man...

Last edited: