Sneak Peek...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Hey Ecale/DrJ, how are you getting the screenshots for posting on here, becuase i have a 'finished' pistol model id like some feedback on?

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
Bushwack said:
Hey Ecale/DrJ, how are you getting the screenshots for posting on here, becuase i have a 'finished' pistol model id like some feedback on?

If you are wondering how to post screenshots, you can just use the "Attach Files" feature when you post. They will automatically generate a thumbnail.

Speaking of screenshots, I have some renderings of Iron Sights that I made. The one on the left is the M24 SWS iron sights (220 polygons). The one on the right is the Barrett M82A3 iron sights (108 polygons). They will definitely need a little scaling when they are added to a model.

Attachments

• m24is.png
    m24is.png
    8 KB · Views: 91
  • m82a3is.png
    m82a3is.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 84

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
I know how to post attachements, i was referring to actually taking the screenshots in the renderer, or a screencap from the windows desktop etc, as far as i can tell there is no 'screenshot' function in any of the drop down menus in Wings 3d....and im really not familiar with Windows all that much, soooooooo....id like to reask my question:D

Last edited:

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
I don't know much about Windows either, since I don't use it. However I do know that if you want to take a screencapture of the desktop you can press the "print screen" key. It will copy an image of the screen to the clipboard. Then you need to paste the image into some kind of paint program. I hope that helps.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
BW, on your keyboard there should be a key that has "Prt Scr and Sys Rq" on it. Press that button. Print Screen copys the screen shot to the clipboard. So then go into Paint or any other graphic editor and go to "paste". Your screen should show up then. Lastly, make sure to save it as a .jpg

Edit: Bah.. Specter types faster....

Last edited:

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Thank you for the help, but in the meantime since i posted my inquiry, i found the function in the program i needed, heres a render of the 40 cal variant of the P7M10 from Heckler and Koch............its finished with the exception of the ejection port on the right side of the upper reciever, i havent quite figured out how to drilla hole in a model yet, nor if its possible with the program im using{would hate to have to remodel with the ejection port}, or whether it would be done with the skin.
Thats my first attempt at modellling anything, ever. its high poly, since i wasnt attempting to make a low poly one, just learn the program.

lemme know what you guys think.

im also starting work on a G36 variant and an HK UMP, all complete with attachments.

BW out!

Attachments

• P7M13Fin.jpg
    P7M13Fin.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
It looks good Bushwack. The ejection port would probably look the best if you modeled it. I don't know how the program you use works, so I don't can't really give you any tips on how to add the ejection port.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Yet another model, its a G36, please post feedback.

Attachments

• g36.jpg
    g36.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 126
  • g362.jpg
    g362.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
and a BETA mag, for whatever rifle you want it for, preferably a 5.56....

and what do ya mean KW, model one for INF, isnt that what i am doing????

I make em, someone else whos better with lowering the polys can have the files,and on to anim and coding and so forth. i dont even have a clue as to what kind of poly count an INF model should have.

or make em yourself :p

Attachments

• BetaMag.jpg
    BetaMag.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Bushwack said:
and a BETA mag, for whatever rifle you want it for, preferably a 5.56....

and what do ya mean KW, model one for INF, isnt that what i am doing????

I make em, someone else whos better with lowering the polys can have the files,and on to anim and coding and so forth. i dont even have a clue as to what kind of poly count an INF model should have.

or make em yourself :p
Oh, I didn't know it was easy to lower the polycount like that. I just meant you should model one for INF in terms of polycount and stuff. I think that for INF, the 1st person model should be about 1000 3 sided polys and the 3rd person model around 200 or 300. Thats just what I heard tho, so I don't really know what I am talkin about.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Actually Freon, i know next to nothing about texturing or skinning, i was hoping someone else could take a hand off of these models and skin them and then someone else could code them into game animate etc.

Know anyone like that ;)

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Ecale, what kind of AK are you trying to make? Right now it looks very ambiguous. Pay close attention to the buttstock, fore-grip, and flash hiders of each model, as they can be disgnificantly different. These pictures should help you compair. BTW, they came from http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm and I put an 'r' at the end of a couple to stand for "reverse" meaning I mirrored the image to make the gun face the other way from the original (so they all match).

Bushwack, your G36 model looks good. The angles on the pics you took make it a little difficult to make out though. If you had a regular side view pic it might help us to make suggestions. I don't think there's much to change though, it seems pretty flawless. The main thing I'm confused about is the flash hider; the one I've seen in pics on HKPro looks much different. Also, the stock apears a little thin toward the rear and a little wide in the front, but it might just be the angle of the pics, or polycount restrictions. The only other nitpick I can think of is the handgaurd seems a little flat/boxy, but it might just be me.

Good job though guys, I have to applaud you for your efforts. Can't wait to try them in-game.

Attachments

• ak47.jpg
    ak47.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 37
  • akm.jpg
    akm.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 30
  • aks74u.jpg
    aks74u.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 30
  • ak74_r.jpg
    ak74_r.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 32
  • akmsu_r.jpg
    akmsu_r.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Gnam: the flash-hider was a best guess, as i know what the real one looks like, i adlibbed the one on the model, restrictions with the renderer, cannot make cutouts, and the G36 is rather low poly compared to the first one i made of the P7m10. Ill post side profile pics when i get a chance.

The handguard is pretty close to the G36 i have at hand though, since i field stripped both weapons right next to me on the table as i made the models {could get REALLY technical and make each piece :p}

thanx for the positive feedback too guys.

in the meantime, someone gets a cookie if they can tell me waht this weapon will be when its finished....{really easy}

Attachments

• UZI.jpg
    UZI.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 102
  • UZI2.jpg
    UZI2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Bushwack said:
in the meantime, someone gets a cookie if they can tell me waht this weapon will be when its finished....{really easy}

You mean the one on the screenshot named "Uzi.jpg" ? :D

Bushwack, i'll repeat it : Beppo advised not to bother modelling anything he may have fired during his military service. This includes a G-36. Proceed if you feel like it, but keep in mind that if he said something, he probably had a damn good reason.

This pistol you modeled looks funny. What kind oif firearm is it / what are its uses / does it have anything special ?

[C22]-Acolyte

Ai kotoba afuro to gunsou!
Jan 20, 2002
INF-land
Visit site
Well. Since everyone else is showing their models here, I think it's time to show my own or rather a collaboration between me and CorvusCorax.

Here's the Sako RK95 with Reflex supressor

Attachments

• rk95-forweb1.gif
    rk95-forweb1.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 70
  • rk95-forweb2.gif
    rk95-forweb2.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 58
  • rk95-forweb3.gif
    rk95-forweb3.gif
    64.1 KB · Views: 44
  • rk95-forweb4.gif